Negative Predictions on the Forum

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Negative Predictions on the Forum

Post by Vaughn Paul » 05 Feb 2009

Hi everyone,
Some participants on the forum have been making very negative fatalistic predictions when interpreting people's charts who are asking for help. Please consider how your words and predictions can effect someone. To make a negative prediction can create a lot of fear and sorrow, which my teacher, K.N. Rao, cautions astrologers against. Of course, the negative prediction could be accurate, but that's not the point. The question should be: Is it useful to the person? For instance, it's more useful to say that a particular period could be challenging instead of it resulting in a terrible outcome. Ideally, what we say should help empower the person, instead of leaving them feeling like a victim of fate. Thank you, Vaughn Paul

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

A Code we may want to follow

Post by Virendra » 26 Sep 2009

Gentleman,

Assuming your kind permission, following is something useful for the astrologers community, in case someone has lost the way:
An Astrologer's code - from Ashtakavarga expert Shri Krushna Jugalkarni.
1) I know that astrology is a truth and a Godly science, so a misuse of this science is an insult to my God.
2) I will use this science for social service and as a form of worship to my God.
3) I am aware of the flaws in human beings and will not treat any person with less importance when giving my guidance.
4) I will not misuse this science for the teaching of any religion, social matter or any unlawful act. Giving my guidance in such matters means my involvement in that act.
5) If I do not get an answer from the chart, I will NOT give my guidance! No guidance is rather better than the wrong guidance and I will accept my limitations about the chart as well as my own limitations as an astrologer.
6) I will not abuse or malign any other astrologer, nor will I take unfair advantage of another person's astrological knowledge by advertising unnecessarily at their expense without proper and due credit.
7) I will try to increase my knowledge and share it sincerely with other people of similar interests.
8. I will behave truthfully and honestly at all times and keep my conduct pure in heart.
9) Any information received from a client, in the course of giving my guidance to that person, shall be kept in strict confidence.
10) I will not use any chart for purposes of public discussion by identifying the native by name, unless I have his or her explicit permission to do so, nor will I misuse any information given to me by that person.
Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

Meena

Post by Meena » 31 Oct 2009

I agree with Shri Vaughn Paul and others.
Astrology can give lot of psychological support and prepare the person to face the difficulties with courage.
The predictions can be associated with encouraging words ,giving useful remedies without loosing fair and frank indications.
Every astrologer should be humble and shouldnot be over confident.
This is how I feel about Astrology.

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 25 Nov 2009

Respected Meenaji:

As you know, humbleness comes with 2nd Lord from Lagna and the planets aspecting it in Rasi and also should look the same position in Namavasha is my humble opinion. If one's second Lord is not benefic, then one can expect that kind of behavior or attitude of prediction or tone only.

Regards

Narayanan

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Negative Predictions on the Forum

Post by subramanianp » 03 Mar 2012

Dear Mr Vaughn Paul
I honor your vision and assure to keep in mind while doing my POSTS in our forum.
With warm regards
Subramanian Pandath
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.