New Group and Private Messages

Read latest announcements
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
New Group and Private Messages

Post by Vaughn Paul » 10 Aug 2011

Dear Members,
We've added a new Member Group called Frequent Contributors for members who've posted between 50 and 999 posts. Here is the updated list of Member Groups:

MEMBER GROUPS:
1. Newly Registered Users (Yellow: 0-9 posts)
2. Registered Users (Turquoise Blue: 10-29 posts)
3. Frequent Contributors (Dark Blue: 30-299 posts)
3. Senior Members (Purple: 300 or more posts)
4. Donators (Pink: Made a donation of $25 or more to support the forum)
5. Moderators (Green: Invited to help moderate the forum)
6. Administrators (Red: Invited to help with technical functions and moderate the forum)

The reason we did this was because the Private Messaging was being misused by some Newly Registered Users and Registered Users, like sending advertisements to members. Now PM's are not allowed for these two member groups. However, this was a long term solution and is not meant to penalize those who don't misuse the PM's. Therefore, if you're a Registered User or a Newly Registered User and you'd like to be able to use PM's then please contact an administrator and they will enable PM's for you. There will be more explanation about the recent changes soon as everything gets ironed out, so please be patient. Thanks!! Hari Om, Vaughn Paul

champeya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Group and Private Messages

Post by champeya » 10 Aug 2011

Administrators,

This is a nice move. But I am not able to view any of the PMs though I am able to send them. I am being on the frequent contributors group however.

Thanks, Champeya

gnanpipasu

Post by gnanpipasu » 11 Aug 2011

Any control to restrict misuse of forum is welcome. One question? how "Registered Users" will contect administrator if they do not have access to PM.(Like me)

Thx

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 12 Aug 2011

Hi Gnanpipasu,
We're working on fixing this. Registered Users will be able to click on a username like an administrator or anyone else and then email them, but not PM until they've become a Frequent Contributor (50+ posts). Newly Registered Members (0-9 posts) will only be able ask questions to an administrator or anyone else within the forum itself, no access to email or PM. So with each change in group there are added privileges. Any feedback or suggestions about this? Thanks, Vaughn Paul

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 13 Aug 2011

Dear tv1980 and others,
As I said in my original post on this topic, anyone who makes a request to an administrator to enable their PM system will be able to have that done for them. So please don't feel like this is a punishment of some kind. It's a long term solution to a long standing problem and those who use the PM's responsibly will be able to get that usage. tv1980 I've enabled PM's for you, so you should be able to retrieve your messages. Please feel free to ask any more questions about this or offer feedback. Thanks, Vaughn Paul

namitha

Post by namitha » 15 Aug 2011

Namaskar Vaughn Paul ji

Thank you for the beautiful site and ever useful forum. Sir it will be more practical if a new thread is started by any one of the administrators - so that the member by posting a reply to that thread can request for enabling PM's

Thanks
N
Every thing seems to end some times, but we forget that it is the beginning of some thing new and powerful