Politeness comes free.... Adopt it !!

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Politeness comes free.... Adopt it !!

Post by sinecurve » 17 Jan 2010

Hello Everyone, I am nobody here but still take the privilege to advise all members here. Actually its none of my business but somehow I am not able to hold back from writing this post, which might raise some eyebrows or even get bad reviews...

I am surprised with the high ego of the senior members here. People so well educated and with such great experiences ...but cant refrain themselves from pointing fingers at each other OR rather putting each other down. Smile attracts smile and vice versa.... if you dont like somebodys views, its ok... ignore it.... or give your opinion in a polite way... you dont have to be curt about it. Arguments are good and having strong opinions is not bad either...but do you think insulting others makes you a better astrologer ??? There are other senior members here like Basabji / Shrikanthji / Anandji and many others, who politely confront if needed...

Immature astrologers or advise seekers come here for advice or knowledge, who might stay or leave with time. They learn from you...

Also, humble request to advice seekers here.....Please add a 'Please' in your request.... some of you dont get replies because you demand a opinion.... request it and you will surely get it.

Sincere apologies if I hurt anybody but I had been thinking of writing this post since the day I joined the forum.

Please dont blacklist me.... :) ....Love you All !!!

'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

Omkarnath
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Omkarnath » 01 Feb 2010

Thanks for your input. This will be emphasized more in the future.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 09 Feb 2010

This forum ,as on date,does not distinguish between mature or immature.
I expect best of discrimination by respected members and guests to separate the wheat from the chaff.

quote "Immature astrologers or advise seekers come here for advice or knowledge"

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 09 Feb 2010

revribhav wrote:This forum ,as on date,does not distinguish between mature or immature.
I expect best of discrimination by respected members and guests to separate the wheat from the chaff.

quote "Immature astrologers or advise seekers come here for advice or knowledge"
Eventually I have realized that many members become arrogant or rude because they are provoked continuously by members like Revribhav, who actually leach on lal kitab for the advice and remedies but boast themselves as great astrologers. Advices like leaving non-veg eggs liquor or feed animals before the breakfast actually make little sense with people living in metros or foreign countries, but irrespective of the country culture and conditions, prescribing remedies from 13th Century could easily be termed as immaturity.

I have been ignoring the blunt replies of Revrribhav in my most of my post since unlike him I believe that pouring out your lifes frustration or inferiority-complex on public forums is the most cowardly and stupid thing.

I hate to be rude to anybody so I request you Mr. Revribhav the GREAT astrologer to PLEASE IGNORE MY POSTS. I hope you are mature enough not to start arguing now or proving your self innocent.
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 11 Feb 2010

to quote Kabir

"hIrA soi srAhiye
sahai ghanan kI choT
kapaT kurangI mAnavA
parakhat nikrA khot."

Admire the diamond that can bear the hits of a hammer. Many deceptive preachers, when critically examined, turn out to be false.

[Here diamond is siddhanta (the basic principles or doctrine).An experienced diamond cutter can hit the diamond using a chisel so that the chips will break off as expected. A diamond because if its crystalline structure tends to break off at specific angles. Similarly the true doctrine would come out shining when it is critically examined].
Last edited by revribhav on 11 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

map
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by map » 11 Feb 2010

Dear Sinecurve,

Appreciate your simple and no-nonsense approach. You are frank and staright.

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 11 Feb 2010

Dear Sinecurve,

That was a bit harsh.

I don't know what's your grouse with revribhav, but he is very kind and helps a lot of learners like me in this forum and deserves a lot of credit for it.

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Politeness comes free.... Adopt it !!

Post by Virendra » 16 Mar 2010

Gentlemen,

If there are ego clashes, please settle them bilaterally. I don't remember the respected user revribhav being rude to many or any.
But if it has happened to Sinecurve, he/she can definitely talk to revribhav directly.
Your first post was still understandable but later on it shows frustration which is best left out from this place. It is a forum where people come to expect highest conduct and behavior, not only to learn/consult.
It would create a bigger and worst scene, the more such things are discussed in this manner here, by the very best ones !!
We expect all of you can carry yourselves in a more gentlemanly way. We need it from you, for the better of astrology and its beneficiaries.

With best wishes and regards,
Virendra

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 16 Mar 2010

I agree with Sinecurve on first post.

Thankfully, the forum till now has been delightful compared to many other similar ones. Less leaching, less bickering and still less irrelevant junk messages in the name of astrology. At least the astrologers here do not have huge overblown egos. I have left all others in fact, and if I post or read anything, it is only on this one.

Kudos to all the members and all the experts here :)

- Satya

arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arjunprabhu84 » 17 May 2010

Dear members

I just want to say the following to every astrologer in this forum :

1) Remember Knowledge of astrology is a blessing & must be used to help people in need
2) people who post their queries may be in genuine trouble & its every astrologers duty to help them as much as he can
3) An Astrologer is just a Medium of God, It is God who directs the troubled to astrologers & it is god who works via the astrologers to help them,
4) There may be times when people may send u too many queries & repeated questions, at such times it is tempting to resort to rudeness, however plz remember that the person may just be over anxious due to his problems & miseries, if instead of rudeness we can show empathy ... den God will Smile
5) Even if on any discussion we have contrasting views with anyone else, then even that is a good thing, coz its only via discussion of contrasting views that we can learn & improve

Finally i want to say that the very Fact that all of us have assembled in this forum & are interacting with each other definately proves that we all are Karmically linked & part of a Divine will towards evolution of the Sacred Science of astrology.

Hence let us all thank God for his blessings & participate on this sacred forum with utmost humility & Joy

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 18 May 2010

Let me appreciate your views Arjun, :)

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 18 May 2010

Dear Sinecurve,

Please do not use the forum to settle personal issues.
As far as I know, I've never seen Revribhav's posts that have been rude. He makes a whole lot of sense.

In addition, he only suggests remedies when people ask for it. Yes, some remedies may not make sense. But not everything in life makes sense
Last edited by sonali.shah on 13 Jun 2010, edited 2 times in total.

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 19 May 2010

sonali.shah wrote:Dear Sinecurve,

Please do not use the forum to settle personal issues.
As far as I know, I've never seen Revribhav's posts that have been rude. He makes a whole lot of sense.

In addition, he only suggests remedies when people ask for it. Yes, some remedies may not make sense. But not everything in life makes sense :)
Personal Issues ????????? you guys make me smile....

I am not against any person....I do contemplate the CONCEPT and question it... since I myself have been a victim of astrologers bombarding useless remedies...

I met this guy recently who seemed pretty mad at 'Lord Shani' and wanted to become someone like Hanuman in next birth so he could teach SA some lesson. He kept telling me some story of how Hanumanji thrashed Shani and how Shani now needs oil to pacify his scars and wounds. Should I blame him for his manifestations ?? No I cant because he has his own perceptions of life ... For me Astrology is a science but 99% on this forum might think I am a fool. There was a huge discussion on some post where misspelling a single letter in 'Mahāmṛtyuṃjaya Mantra' had zero effects and then suddenly someone suggested to change one letter and then there were replies that the mantra is suddenly doing wonders.... so does that mean that GOD doesnt care about your devotion....he wants to hear the correct mantra ??? OR does it means that when we started reciting the mantra correctly, the energy around us got in sync with the mantra and together produced good results OR its just in our brain....we feel good because now we know that we are reciting the mantra right ....

I am yet to meet a person who claims that a remedy worked and the person received something against his planets just by pleasing god or worshiping some planet or feeding jaggery to monkeys. Remedies for me is a time-pass for your bad phase or till your better time starts. If I tell a remedy to someone it should not take more than few minutes of the day... I have seen people prescribing vishnu-sahastranam like its a 2 mins thing.... I am nobody to judge if the remedy is good or bad...but understand that he might need to focus more on his issues and working on them than just serving milk to snakes....snakes DO NOT drink milk...just FYI.

We are born as humans to think , contemplate, ask questions, make decisions .... we would have been sheeps if we were meant to follow blindly.... scriptures by our super intelligent saints are real masterpieces.... but they need to be deciphered correctly according to current environment. They were written beautifully so we could decode them CORRECTLY. The same shlok had a different meaning for 15th century and it fitted very well then....but time has changed now...it might have a different meaning for 21st century....so how you decipher them makes all the difference.....

I am off this forum from last few months...just the new mail with 'topic reply' caught my attention. I have no PERSONAL ISSUES with anybody...I have a bigger enemy in my personal life to take care off....:)....i just expressed my views here as everybody else...and I am not the kind of person who likes to beat around the bush. Actually spending few years in US has made me more polite and respectful towards others and I am sure thats reflected in my other posts. If I may...I only try to give people some practical advice with my limited knowledge or suggestions on my past experiences.

All the best !!

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 20 May 2010

quote:
"I met this guy recently who seemed pretty mad at 'Lord Shani' and wanted to become someone like Hanuman in next birth so he could teach SA some lesson. He kept telling me some story of how Hanumanji thrashed Shani and how Shani now needs oil to pacify his scars and wounds. Should I blame him for his manifestations ?? No I cant because he has his own perceptions of life"

I have human sympathies and compassion for this person. :)

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 03 Jan 2011

There is an old saying in Hindi,that is, ADHJAL GAGRI CHHAL KAT JAYE"
meaning a pitcher filled with half of water makes noises.
They say "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
In the ancient times those who had desires of learning used to be polite and sacrificing in nature.
However,in Kalyuga an age of loss of moral and ethical values everything is topsy -turvy.
Those influenced by Rahu or Saturn can argue and make sensations,but they can"t be astrologers.