post and comment approval changes I believe need to be made

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
ketochamp
post and comment approval changes I believe need to be made

Post by ketochamp » 02 Sep 2018

The delay in post and comment approval is almost a day at times. This has and is clearly going to dissuade users from wanting to participate here. The process of approval needs to be automated and made instantaneous to reduce the latency.

In this age of digitization, information overload and quick fire attention span we need to facilitate as much info that can be exchanged as quickly as possible.

Target should be to have at least 300-500 active users online all the time, globally.

Add an automated filter that removes any posts with details on how to contact them if soneone tries to solicit for a personal business.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Re: post and comment approval changes I believe need to be made

Post by wanderingSteps » 02 Sep 2018

I agree. Also, certain rights which need to be provided to the users are not provided on their own when the threshold is reached. Like when a certain limit of posts have been posted by a user s/he should be able to use private messaging, but it is not happening automatically.

Then again, if someone has put a request to remove the birth details, because of a mistake/ otherwise, it is not being done. Its currently more than 48 hours been made for one such request and no action has been taken despite multiple attempts via various channels for the same request after not getting the response through the standard channel as mentioned in the guidelines.