Learning Astrology

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Comeback Kid
Learning Astrology

Post by Comeback Kid » 16 Jul 2018

I have been interested in the subject of astrology ever since my parents took me to astrologer once regarding an issue. I had some query related to the same. Hope I can get some useful tips from the learned scholars in this forum.

1. How can I learn astrology?
2. What is the best way to learn astrology?
3. How much time does it take?
4. How much money it will cost me?
5. Any other advices?

coffeeday

Re: Learning Astrology

Post by coffeeday » 16 Jul 2018

Dear friend ,
The best way to learn astrology as of now is to learn through books , articles and basics from scriptures of rishis . What is passed on from rishies got watered down through the ages . Many interpretations , intrapolations have changed the original tenets . The next step in studying thousands of charts and verifying the real facts with the findings revealed in the charts . It takes minimum of 12 years . It does not cost much if you offer to study the charts and help the consultants with analysis with unbiased views . If you have a thirst for knowledge nature cooperates with you .

Comeback Kid

Post by Comeback Kid » 17 Jul 2018

Dear coffeeday,

Thank you for the reply. I would like to know if there are any recommendations for books, articles, etc from your side.

coffeeday

Post by coffeeday » 19 Jul 2018

Dear friend ,
It may not be possible to get all original versions of scriptures . you can get
1. phaladeeika ---- Manthreswara . 3. Uttara kalamritha ,
2. Saravali ------------ Kalyanaverma . 4.Jyothisharnava navaneetham
try to go through all books by B.V. Raman , articles and books by sri K.N.rao , as many old issues as possible of old Astrological magazines , to start with .

Racing

Post by Racing » 20 Jul 2018

I'm also new to Jyotish but I want you to stay clear of inconsistencies at the beginning.

In addition to what Coffeeday has recommended, I don't advise to deviate from Dr. B.V. Raman and K.N. Rao (and his students) for now.

Don't get into Sanjay Rath, Bepin Behari, Greenstone Lobo, and the likes because you'll end up getting confused and lost. That is a major problem in Astrology. You can go off track because there is no regulated way of learning. The best way is to find yourself a competent Guru. That will smoothen your learning.

For now, stick to Dr. Raman and K.N. Rao as they are the best teachers out there and know how to keep it simple and effective. Don't even get into Jaimini without becoming proficient in Parashari system first.

Comeback Kid

Post by Comeback Kid » 23 Jul 2018

Thank you both for your advices. I shall incorporate the same in my study. God bless you all.

Vishal
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Vishal » 23 Jul 2018

Is comeback kid a reference to john mulaney?

pixie16
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by pixie16 » 09 Aug 2018

Hello everyone !

I am new here too, and a student of astrology. I have been doing self study since last 1 yr approx. Thank you for all the tips and info.

Comeback Kid

Post by Comeback Kid » 13 Aug 2018

All,

Thank you for your valuable advice. I shall incorporate them in my study.

Vishal,

Comeback Kid is refers to Bill Clinton (former US president). I was reading a book on him by that name.

sdusaj

Post by sdusaj » 27 Nov 2018

Hi All,

Even I am trying to learn, all your advice is helpful.

Thanks.