Want to create an avatar image?

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Want to create an avatar image?

Post by Vaughn Paul » 22 Aug 2006

Hi everyone,
You can have an image (called an avatar) automatically appear alongside your posts, like the one to the left, by following these steps:

Step 1: Create an image that's 80 pixels wide (it can be up to 150 pixels wide) in a graphics program like Adobe Photoshop and save it on your computer's hard drive. You can also just find an image on the internet, right click on it, and choose 'save as' and save it to your computer's hard drive.

Step 2: Go to http://imageshack.us/

Step 3: Upload the image from "File" - You actually don't need to make any changes to the image using PhotoShop...this site basically accepts JPEG, PNG or even BMP file types.

Step 4: If your image is not 80 pixels wide select "Resize Image" and choose either "Avatar" or "Thumbnail"...I chose "Thumbnail".

Step 5: Now just click on the button "Host It!".

Step 6: After uploading the image, a list of URLs will appear at the bottom of the screen. Go to "Direct link to image" box and copy the entire URL found inside that box. Copy the entire URL presented in "Direct link to image" box.

Step 7: Now back at the forum, go to Profile ---> Avatar Control Panel ---> Under "Link to off-site Avatar:" paste the entire URL that you just copied earlier.

Step 8: Click on "Submit" Button...and you're Done!

Another example avatar (MCSun's)

[img]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1812 ... bg4vw7.png[/img]

Once you've submitted your avatar, it will automatically show up on all your posts, including previous ones. You can change it anytime also if you get tired of it. Special thanks to MCSun for providing this list of instructions!!
Vaughn Paul

dev.nitk

Finally Managed to Upload Image

Post by dev.nitk » 17 Oct 2012

Dear Forum Members,

Finally I am able to create avatar image after trying all permutations & combinations.
1)I have tried as given in above mail, including hosting image on imageshack(dot)us or other image hosting sites like postimage(dot)org & then giving link to that image as given, but it is saying that the URL is invalid.

I also tried using following method:-
[img]<above URL>[/img]

Another way I tried is this:-
[URL=ImageURL][IMG=ImageURL][/IMG][/URL]

All above gave same problem.

Loading image from machine is of no use as it allows only 6KB & no reasonable image can be accomodated in 6KB.

Finally it struck me that the link given for imageshack(dot)us or postimage(dot)img are not leading to actual picture. The link which is given should directly to image only on net. Finally just putting the image from any such link did the trick.

Pem
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want to create an avatar image?

Post by Pem » 03 Aug 2013

Hello Vaughn Paul
I tried to attach an avatar two times without success.
The program asked for my email address and password and they ended up
giving me the option to reset my password and I did not understand this.
This procedure does not seem easy and straight forward compared with some other sites.
Would it be possible for you to do it on my behalf.
Thanks - Pem
AS ABOVE, SO BELOW. ***Pls check my post Mantras for Planets***
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20487

nelila

Post by nelila » 18 Oct 2015

Thank you for the instruction sir! I will refer to this when it is time to create my avatar image.

freekundli
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by freekundli » 12 Aug 2016

Thank you very much for sharing this important information with us. :)

ramc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ramc » 17 Feb 2017

Thanks for sharing instructions :)

SilverAngel
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by SilverAngel » 24 Apr 2019

Thanks for sharing. However, nowhere in the guidelines and rules does it say at which level we need to reach in order to be able to use an avatar. Could you please le me know?

ALKN
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by ALKN » 26 Nov 2020

got it . thank you. i m new here.

hanumangi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by hanumangi » 16 Jul 2023

Hanuman ji is one of the most powerful deities in the world. It is the time to praise Hanuman, the great god of Hinduism. He has many names and forms and is worshiped by millions of people all over the world. https://www.hanumangi.com/

KarolinaMoon
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by KarolinaMoon » 29 Jan 2024

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Immediately there were questions about how to make an avatar. Thank you for explaining everything clearly. I'm going to do it))

KarolinaMoon
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by KarolinaMoon » 31 Jan 2024

Got it , thanks a lot)

Psychicramlaxman

Post by Psychicramlaxman » 22 Mar 2024

Choose a character. Pick a character. Then, upload an audio file or record your own voiceover in the free online animation tool.
Customize. Preview your audio and animation. ...
Continue editing. Resize your newly animated avatar video to fit any social channel in one click.