Climatology and Meteorology using Jyotish

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
malavyaBadava
Climatology and Meteorology using Jyotish

Post by malavyaBadava » 22 Feb 2016

I wanted to know if people are predicting weather events and global warming trends (droughts) etc using Jyotish on this forum. I did not see any categories specific to that topic so I wanted to see if there is any interest on that topic.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Climatology and Meteorology using Jyotish

Post by Dr Neeraj » 26 Feb 2016

Dear MB
Astrology can be bifurcated int o 2 branches: For Individual and for nation/country.
The second one is called as Mundane Astrology.
Though many people are working in this area too but getting exact time of the countries / states etc is really rough.
Moreover, it need many parameters. Hence such predictions may not click at times.
This forum is more to help the individuals but in special rules section you may find posts (though intermittent) related to Mundane astrology too.
God bless you
Neeraj

malavyaBadava

Post by malavyaBadava » 26 Feb 2016

Neeraj bhaiya,
Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Indian nation birth time is available yes ? So there are astrologers predicting monsoon yes ? Agriculture is undergoing a crisis right now yes ? Who needs the most help now ?
So I actually find individual charts mundane(laukik) and community astrology special(vishesha). Predictions may not click but we have to fine tune just like for individual.

MB.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 26 Feb 2016

Dear MB
You're 100% correct. There are many people in BVB Delhi who are working in this area.
Sh BV Raman was an authority in this subject. Late Sh MS Mehta ji (Faculty BVB Delhi) has written a gud book on this subject.
I tried to understand chart of Pakistan and wroite a series on http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =+pakistan

But yes, more efforts are required in this area.
God bless you
Neeraj

malavyaBadava

Post by malavyaBadava » 26 Feb 2016

Here is my first attempt at understanding signs and monsoon. So several of these will come and will be glad for your comments.
1) Aries - hot and fiery. Pitta planet Sun is present in Aries from April 14th to May 14th. If during this time Vata planets (Saturn, Rahu and Mercury) impact Sun or Aries then required heating of the soil and atmosphere is not adequate. Similarly unexpected rain or hail in April/May is undesirable and if again Aries dispositor (Mars) and Sun) is aspected by Kapha planets (Jupiter or Venus) then upcoming monsoon may be irregular.

I tend to think Mercury as being Vata. But in conjunction with Jupiter and Venus it can be Kapha like.

Thoughts ?

malavyaBadava

Post by malavyaBadava » 07 Mar 2016

The presence of Guru Rahu(Kapha/Vata) in a Pitta sign Leo is sending unseasonal rain into India. Also five planet stellium in Aquarius is creating weird patterns in the atmosphere.

http://www.rediff.com/business/report/i ... 160307.htm