Rules to learn astrology

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
prateek104
Rules to learn astrology

Post by prateek104 » 30 Apr 2014

Dear All,

I have just started to learn astrology from a book which says that if i don't pray to god regularly with devotion than i must not look at my chart more than twice a year. Is it correct? Asking because its the best way to understand things fast.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rules to learn astrology

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 May 2014

Dear Prateek
Astrology is not a absolute science rather it is an abstract science. For an astrologer his/her own timing of dasha is important for the correct/incorrect prediction.
Satvik food, Satvik living, daily prayers to your Ishta devta do help in gaining fast this science. Though its not always a rule. One of my teacher told that he drinks alcohol, eat non-veg, smoke a lot but still he is an outstanding astrologer (written 5 books on astrology too).
But one thing is for sure that this science can not be learnt just by reading books.
God bless you
Neeraj

prateek104

Re: Rules to learn astrology

Post by prateek104 » 03 May 2014

Absolutely correct sir, it's a vast ocean of knowledge Where learning alone will take years. My time to learn has not come, every time I begin to learn, some other work comes in.