learn astorlogy

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
paresh
Contributor
Contributor
learn astorlogy

Post by paresh » 24 Jan 2013

Since last 3 years I am looking into my birth chart and its effect provided by astrology software horoscope explorer. But now want to learn astrology in deep. So, joined this forum to ask questions and help others if I can.

Thanks.

Michael eyes
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: learn astorlogy

Post by Michael eyes » 12 Feb 2013

well I have a few questions that you can help me with. The Dashas. I'm new to Jyotish but I've been into western ASTR for a while. The maha dashas are calculated according to the moon right? how are the antardashas calculated? if it is jupiter's mahadasha, is the first antardasha jupiter? does it start from the very beginning of the antardasha? and how about the sub sub level of the dashas, the time periods smaller than the antardashas (antar antar dashas?) As you can see I'm new, and this is my first mesage. Thanks

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: learn astorlogy

Post by lovacrs » 12 Feb 2013

Hi Michael eyes

Jyothish (aka Vedic astrology) has numerous dasha systems. Vimshottari, the widely used one is reckoned from the position of Moon at birth. Antardasha will start from the same graha (Jupiter in your example) as the Maha dasha. The duration of antardasha will be pro-rata. Ju's period is 16 years. Hence Ju's antardasha will be
(16 x 16)/120. 120 is the overall period of vimshottari. Pratyantar dasha period also starts with the graha of antar and will be calculated in a similar manner.
CRS