Ads on the Forum

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
KET
Re: Ads on the Forum

Post by KET » 14 Oct 2012

V.P Ji

The idea of PM needs to be charged is the fact that the suggestion made Chat room need to be put on cost+ per member, as Chat room or chat messages are detrimental to high traffic density. In case if LOVA doesnt charge on PMs, folks will resort alternate mode through chatting or messaging that is PM. Again, the issue will crop up for network speed of LOVA
Therefore my suggestion is if LOVA mgmnt is resorting to a fee for using Chat room per member, similarly PM from members needs to be levied too... so this will deter LOVA members not to engage other modes of chattting.. therby helps in controlling LOVA network... After all, why one require PM option, everything has to be transparent in Astrology. If members wants to ask query they can resort to normal option of using the various items in LOVA site not the way through PM. If they have to, than charging of PMs would be ideal. This would be a balanced approach.
Regarding, member to pay for astrology consultation.. I think and foresee LOVA site is for educating on astrological issue to a native...if LOVA wants to charge fee for consultation for astroloy than Purpose f LOVA is lost. If a member wants to earn through astrology consultation via LOVA, than it is imperative that member trying open real time office though net via LOVA site for earning... in such cases I feel LOVA being in U.S. has to need to look into complying with Privacy and confidential agreement act in U.S. and outside U.S.
Therefore, my suggestion would for earning through astrology via LOVA, LOVA can look for an additional website, where a member can also charge fee for consultation through astrology through another website but not through LOVA, which for education on astrology and awareness

deeps

Post by deeps » 14 Oct 2012

Dear All,

After giving considerable thoughts, I would like to retract my earlier post on money and commission.

As Sri Kn Rao said, astrology has already lost must of its respect due to unscrupulous astrologers in India who cheats public due to their incorrect advise, extreme charges and bogus remedies. There is no mechanism in India or in the world, where people can sue astrologers for the same like we have in other professions. There are also no protection measures like professional indemnity insurance, etc. This way an astrologer has to face defamation attacks by public.

I have seen such attacks are extremely rare on those astrologers who don’t charge money for it and they also avoid generating negative karmas. Where there is money, it often leads to corruption and exploitation in the long run, considering we are in Kali Yug.

I have no problem with those astrologers who do not ask anything in return but are willing to accept what customers may give on their own.

So I leave the decision – whether to make the site paid or not, to you and others.

Thanks
Last edited by deeps on 15 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 15 Oct 2012

This is for the members, not so much for Vaughn Paulji -

LOVA actually has a lot of members who are financially well-off and are in good job etc.

I suggest they form a syndicate and contribute money towards the maintenance of LOVA on a regular basis, apart from the regular donation option.

Only, they should keep in mind that just because they are contributing money to LOVA, it doesn't mean that they should indulge in undesirable behaviour on the forum.

They should follow the same rules as everyone else while discussing on forums.

If the well-off members make this decision, the financial issues of LOVA can be easily resolved. Besides, if a group of members are regularly contributing towards the cost of maintaining LOVA, the actual amount of money contributed by each member may not be much.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

deeps

Post by deeps » 15 Oct 2012

I agree with the suggestion of Saindhavi ji on well-off members themselves coming forward to solve the financial issues of LOVA.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 15 Oct 2012

Thanks, Aseem!

The members of the financing syndicate only have to make a conscious decision that they will follow the same rules as everyone else and not hijack the forum. If a number of people join this syndicate, the actual contribution of every single member becomes quite reduced.

Besides, as other members improve their financial situation, more members can join the syndicate in future, so that individual contribution will become even less.

I think this can be done. It's a workable solution.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 15 Oct 2012

Hi Everyone,
A few LOVA members who reside in India have just been able to make donations of $10, but were not able to make larger payments. So apparently Paypal has an exception for India residents, that anyone can make a payment of $10 or less with a credit or debit card. So if you can, please consider making a donation to support LOVA so that we can swiftly move to upgrade our server. Thanks! It's much appreciated. Vaughn Paul