Cant post

Forum Guidelines and How To's: create an 'avatar', post an image, deal with technical problems/solutions, make a suggestion, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: Offensive posts will be deleted, and repeat offenders will have all posts moderated.
Mintu44
Cant post

Post by Mintu44 » 29 Aug 2020

Hi admin ,I cannot post on the forum . Posted twice my query .Pls can u help me.

parvesh

Re: Cant post

Post by parvesh » 30 Nov 2020

I cant post as well... i have replied many messages but none are visible yet

hellodp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by hellodp » 20 Jul 2021

Hello,
I am unable to create a new post under any forum Career, Residence etc. Please advise.

Thanks

hellodp
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by hellodp » 21 Jul 2021

Please advise.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 21 Jul 2021

Can't post either.
From what I can make out- there are no admins monitoring now.
I have sent out several messages. My outbox also shows nothing sent out.
I can only reply on somebody else's post. Nothing is happening.

dulcinea
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by dulcinea » 23 Jul 2021

Same problem for me too. Where are the moderators? Admin?

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 30 Jul 2021

Hi,

I've tried various options... including sending messages from the "Contact us" link below.

To me, the current situation in the forum feels like Moon/Chandra caught in the middle of nowhere, without any support on the flanks... in a complete Kemadruma Yoga.

Sincerely...

Sreeharsha

Post by Sreeharsha » 31 Aug 2021

Same here

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 01 Sep 2021

Hi,

My observations are as follows.

1. Our posts have to be approved by moderators. This seems to happen weekly or fortnightly. Therefore, once in 10 days or so, we see a number of approved posts all at once. This is followed by many days of silence on the forum.

2. There are some privileged members whose posts don't need approval and therefore such posts appear as and when posted. Sadly, these privileged members are mostly inactive.

3. Therefore we have this peculiar situation wherein active members posts don't appear for a long time and privileged members don't bother to post often.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 01 Sep 2021

Hi,

In my personal opinion, the current issue is not really that of the established process (that of moderation, wherein moderators screen and approve posts of new members) in the forum. It is rather an issue that seems to have popped-up in the last few months, wherein a member is not able to create or start a new thread. The issue is more to do with the limitation associated with the input field.

It would be nice if the Moderators and/or Administrators were to actively take note of the situation and help address the situation, at the earliest.

PS: I'd also take this opportunity to request Moderators/Administrators to expedite the moderation process. Unless I'm mistaken, folk who seem help/guidance here would prefer for their questions/queries to be addressed sooner, rather than later. It does not make too much sense make members wait too long.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 01 Sep 2021

And, unlike earlier... I'm not able to edit my post immediately after posting.

For instance, I meant to type/state "I'd also take this opportunity to request Moderators/Administrators to expedite the moderation process. Unless I'm mistaken, folk who seek help/guidance here would prefer for their questions/queries to be addressed sooner, rather than later. It does not make too much sense to make members wait unreasonably long".

So, I'm forced to post an addendum separately...

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 06 Sep 2021

Hi,
It is rather an issue that seems to have popped-up in the last few months, wherein a member is not able to create or start a new thread. The issue is more to do with the limitation associated with the input field.
I'm posting again with a hope of helping the Administrators/Moderators of this forum...

The issues is actually with the text field/box/area being way too small. The problem seems to be very similar to the one reported/discussed in the following phpbb forum (check the web-link below):
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2581736

Sincerely...

Sarvi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Sarvi » 09 Sep 2021

I also can't post my query separately as a new topic. I can only reply on other's posts.

coolsabby7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by coolsabby7 » 09 Sep 2021

same here..!

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 10 Sep 2021

Hi,

Like the CoVID-19 pandemic, I think the issues associated with inability to post is affecting all members and patrons of this forum. We've endured data loss and post disappearing over the course of this period, when Rahu-Ketu have been running amok in Gochara/Transit. Hopefully, things should get better from the second week of October 2021.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 11 Sep 2021

Hi,

I hope the Administrators team has had a chance to look up information in the link from one of my previous post (see below)
The issues is actually with the text field/box/area being way too small. The problem seems to be very similar to the one reported/discussed in the following phpbb forum (check the web-link below):
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2581736
and try the suggested fix by inserting a space after <textarea (basically there should be a space between textarea and name) in the file "...styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html"

Sincerely...

maviswa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by maviswa » 25 Sep 2021

same i am facing

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 07 Oct 2021

Hi,

Request somebody from the Administrator team to acknowledge and help fix this issue. Personally, I'm hoping making the suggested changes might help address the situation.

Sincerely...

MohamedRjab
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MohamedRjab » 08 Oct 2021

Same I can't post too !!!

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 07 Dec 2021

Sishya wrote:
11 Sep 2021
Hi,

I hope the Administrators team has had a chance to look up information in the link from one of my previous post (see below)

and try the suggested fix by inserting a space after <textarea (basically there should be a space between textarea and name) in the file "...styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html"

Sincerely...
Thank you so much for posting the solution. I can confirm that making this change allows us to post properly. I have just tried it in my browser in DOM Inspector by editing the HTML. I hope somebody can fix it in the template because not everybody is tech savvy to be able to work around it and not to mention it is a hassle to do it everytime you quote or start a new topic.

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 12 Dec 2021

Hi,
Kunal wrote:
07 Dec 2021
Thank you so much for posting the solution. I can confirm that making this change allows us to post properly. I have just tried it in my browser in DOM Inspector by editing the HTML. I hope somebody can fix it in the template because not everybody is tech savvy to be able to work around it and not to mention it is a hassle to do it everytime you quote or start a new topic.
I'm glad you were able understand and figure out the solution. I've been hoping somebody in the Admin Team would fix the issue in the template and enabled members to use the forum more effectively.

Some of the members seem to have given up hope here - it is very obvious. They seem to be going elsewhere (perhaps to other forums), to post their queries. Given the hassle, traffic on this forum has dwindled considerably... There have been very few queries from members (obviously they've not figured out a way to start a new thread/topic) and fewer response from experienced and knowledgeable members (frame of mind or mood is very important for Astrologers).

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Request to the Admin Team.

Post by Sishya » 12 Dec 2021

Hi,

Request the Admin Team to do the needful (by fixing the issue in the template) at the earliest.

Sincerely...

maviswa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by maviswa » 15 Dec 2021

why is that noone is doing anything about it? i have been trying to post for the last six months i guess and the same textbar too small issue props up..i even messaged paul in my personal whatsapp number..he did see the message but no response :(..

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 16 Dec 2021

Hi,

In case you are using Chrome as the browser, please try the following steps detailed below, as a quick hack to address the text-box issue while posting:
1. In the text box, Click the Left mouse button and select Inspect.
2. This will open the Inspect area on the Right Hand side of the window, with the Textarea element highlighted.
3. In there, if you observe closely... you will see there is no space between Textarea and name - both at the start and end. It will be one word Textareaname... instead of Textarea name, with a space in between.
4. All we need to do is Click the Left mouse button in the highlighted part (in the right hand side) and select Edit as HTML.
5. Lastly, insert a blank space between Textarea and name - both at the start and end.
Doing so will enable a user to type content in the text area, to post or respond to queries. Hope this helps.

Sincerely...

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 25 Dec 2021

Thanks for the hack Sishyaji.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."