Zodiac Shock

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor
Zodiac Shock

Post by sanjayk1265 » 13 Jan 2011

This is from www.livescience.com
Zodiac Shock
Have You Been Living an Astrological Lie?
January 13, 2011By Natasha Burton
If you're an avid horoscope reader, like most of us here at Glo are, you may be a bit dismayed by the Minnesota Planetarium Society's news this week that your beloved zodiac sign has changed.
The society said that the moon's gravitational pull on the Earth has altered over the millennia, shifting the zodiac sign dates set by the Babylonians in 3000 B.C. by about a month. They have set new dates (see below) over which the signs should now fall, making some Aries into Pisces, Capricorns into Aquarius and so on.
But you're such a Pisces (or Aries, or Taurus or whatever), you say! We know, we're still in shock too. Which is why we asked astrologer and spiritual counselor Dr. Craig Martin to explain what's really going on here … and if we actually have to adopt a new sign.
“The zodiac does shift over thousands of years,” he says. “Modern western astrologers incorporate that shift into our understanding of the signs.”
As for the news that a new sign is coming into the mix — apparently, the Babylonians tossed out the 13th sign of the zodiac, Ophiuchus, since they favored the number 12 — Dr. Craig says this addition is “preposterous.”
“Ophiuchus is a constellation, just like Orion or the Big Dipper — it's not new,” he says. “The problem with giving Ophiuchus, a constellation near Scorpio, a spot in the zodiac is that the time has been borrowed or stolen from Leo, Scorpio and Pisces. Observe how Scorpio, for example, only gets seven days of the year in this new model. It's imbalanced.”
Basically, Dr. Craig says, every sign in the current, accepted zodiac has the "same amount of 'sky' assigned to it." There are 12 signs with 30 degrees each. The new model, however, just doesn't work: He says it creates "unequal distribution of the elements and qualities of the signs."
"It's like saying, 'Let's change the clock. Now we have 13 hours on the clock and 26 hours in the day.' You can do that, but you sure are going to confuse the hell out of people," he says.
So before you get a tattoo of your new sign or break up with your now-non-astrologically compatible mate, it might be better to wait to see if leading astrologers adopt this new model first.
The new zodiac, as proposed by the Minnesota Planetarium Society:
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20
* Discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: Zodiac Shock

Post by astroboy » 15 Jan 2011

Let me clarify this once for all, and for the benefit of all . Jyotish concentrates its observations on the 9 Grahas ( Ravi Chandra kuja Budha Guru shukra Shani Rahu and Ketu ) the 12th houses of the zodiac and the 27 Nakshatras . It is not that our ancient Rishis did not think of the posibility of the 13th or the 14th house in the Zodiac . An astonishing thing to contemplate is that the ancient Vedic Rishi’s were aware of the fact that the earth changes its tilt or “wobbles” on its axis. Many centuries before the Europeans were debating over whether the earth was flat, the Vedic Rishi’s were figuring out exactly what effect the Earth’s wobble would have on the calculations of their ephemeris. Without the aid of telescopes or modern technology the Rishi’s calculated that the orientation of the equinoxes to the fixed stars precedes or moves backwards through the zodiac which was at a rate of about 50.3 seconds per year, or about 1 degree every 72 years. That they were actually able to calculate this gives us a clue as to how advanced the ancient Vedic civilization was in terms of mathematical and astronomical knowledge.

while Our Rishis were were contemplating and writing down the effects of Rahu and ketu, The scientists at N.A.S.A. were hanging on the tree tops with their tails . They are morons with a lot of money . Letting these people tell us about astrology is like letting a drunk monkey fly a 787 dream liner .

let me state another example Galileo discovered Jupiter in 1610, but jyotishya had discovered and described this planet in the classical texts of jyotish, all without a telescope. Jyotishya describes guru or Jupiter as an extremely benefic planet, and indeed it is. It's magnetic field is much stronger than of earth, extending to 650 million km.
Jupiter’s magnetic field draws stray asteroids towards it thus saving earth from potential catastrophes. Another example is of Saturn or Lord Shani. Parashara describes lord Shani as the “lame one” or the “slow one” in Jyotishya Lord Shani takes 29.5 years to complete 12 houses, science has recently discovered that it takes 29.5 years (10759 days) to complete one rotation around the sun. Another factor to consider is that it takes about 1.43 hours +/- 10 minutes for Saturn’s electromagnetic radiation to reach the earth compared to just 8 minutes for the sun to send it's energy to earth. (read more on E.M.R. on Wikipedia). People who are skeptics say that Saturns rays or energy can never reach us because its too far from earth . Such morons should be tied to a tree and wipped with a cat o' nine tails . I get pissed off when people who do not know how Jyotish works sit and spout gyaan on astrology with statements like "Astrologers are frauds and astrology is false and has no relevance to our lives" . I am going over to Natasha's house tonight . I want to have a few words with her . :roll:

Some idiotic astrologers and people from N.A.S.A. noting that science has discovered three more planets and numerous asteriods and stars , not to forget this constellation assert that Jyotish is some how incomplete and can be improved by adding these bodies to its repertoire . It is however no coincidence that the number of Grahas which are used in Jyotish is also the number of single digit integers in our base ten Numbering system . Jyotish needs no more than these 9 planets , 12 houses and 27 nakshatras to describe our life's experiences and results . Please note the Grahas , and the stars are not mere physical bodies . There is myth and Mythology associated with them . I refuse to believe that the sages who discovered the 12 constellations with their naked eye would have some how been blind to the 13th . If the Sages knew that Shani is slow because he takes 29 and odd years to make one rotation around the sun , That means they knew the speed at which he was traveling . Galileo first saw Saturn in 1610 by which time our Rishis knew all about him and how he could screw us when pissed . N.A.S.A spent 3.26 billion to tell us what we knew astronomically about him . The morons .

The west got the Zodiac signs wrong any ways . As per the western System , My sun sign is Taurus . But as per Jyotish my sun sign is Aries . So this story is nothing new .
Last edited by astroboy on 15 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 15 Jan 2011

:lol: :lol: :lol:
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

astroboy
Donor
Donor

And whats with our jokers telling us that the moon has water in it ??? We knew that eons ago . Did we have to spend so much of money to tell us what we already know ??? These people should be strapped on a rocket and sent to space ..... may be they can call us and tell us how things are in Uranus. People dont have water to drink and children are dying of hunger , and these people are busy blowing up rockets with our hard earned money . The Mantra Pushpam (Yajur Veda )written in 1000 bc explains it all , To an extent that they gave us a esoteric meaning to it . I am all for scientific achievements and I am not against science and space exploration . But before we screw up space with our pollution , let us fix the misery on earth . More over , these people have no right to comment about jyotish and the vedic scriptures. we leave them alone , let them leave us alone .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKE38CBc ... re=related
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Sanjay ji , Its a good thing you posted this matter here . There is a lot of unnecessary confusion on the internet about this and very in terms of clarification . Thank you . :)

sola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sola » 16 Jan 2011

[The west got the Zodiac signs wrong any ways . As per the western System , My sun sign is Taurus . But as per Jyotish my sun sign is Aries . So this story is nothing new .[/quote]

I totally agree with you astroboy! Nothing new for me either, it just confirms that jyotish astro is more relevant than west...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Jan 2011

Aseem Ji and Mucho ji ,

Point taken . I was upset when I wrote that post It was written at the heat of the moment . I take my "Moron" remark back . Both of you have a valid point . You are both right .

Best regard's .

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 16 Jan 2011

Dear Friends,
Science is an illusionary subject but astrology is divine subject.
Science is having limitation astrology don’t.
Scientific theories can be rejected or modified astrological principles of Parashar can not be modified & rejected.
Lot of characteristics of planets explained in astrology, science still struggling.
Science can not go beyond physical nature i.e. Plane can not fly better than a bird,one earthquake can be much more destructive than 1000 atomic bombs.Astrology can show you that is unseen in physical nature i.e. GOD realization.
And astrology will take you to small hut of RAM but science will take you to golden palace of Ravan.No need to tell what happened to Ravan.
Regards,
Sanjay Kumar
If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Sanjay ji , Beautiful sir . Simply Brilliant . I would not have been able to put it better . Hats off to you . :)

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 16 Jan 2011

Development of embryo in human:
Science has accepted the embryo is passing three stages of vertebrates.
1. Fish
2. Amphibians
3. Mammals.
Compare it with Dash Avatar:
1. Matsya Avatar-Fish
2. Kurma Avatar-Amphibians
3. Varah Avatar-Mammals

Dear Friends I don’t have anything against scientists but I am confused what new they are telling except "survival of fittest" so we can hate each other
Regards,
Sanjay Kumar

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 16 Jan 2011

Charles Darwin ke Vanshadharon: :mrgreen:

Science is one of the miniature vidya of the Sanatana dharma. It is not correct to compare absolute with the gross.

Regards
Sonu

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Superb point Sanjay ji . you have a very valid point .

Pluto was considered the Solar System's ninth planet. In the late 1970s, following the discovery of minor planet 2060 Chiron in the outer Solar System and the recognition of Pluto's relatively low mass, its status as a major planet began to be questioned. In the late 20th and early 21st century, many objects similar to Pluto were discovered in the outer Solar System, notably the scattered disc object Eris in 2005, which is 27% more massive than Pluto. On August 24, 2006, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) defined what it means to be a "planet" within the Solar System. This definition excluded Pluto as a planet and added it as a member of the new category "dwarf planet" along with Eris and Ceres. After the reclassification, Pluto was added to the list of minor planets and given the number 134340. A number of scientists continue to hold that Pluto should be classified as a planet.

that was one instance where they have have a difference of opinion among themselves .

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Aseem ji , Thanks for those kind words . I am not against science or medicine . What I am against is that certain scientists dismiss God and belittle and ridicule God and the Vedic Scriptures . How many times have their scientific theories bombed ? These scientists should first ask them selves how they have reached a stage in life that has give then a chance to explore science . They are nothing with out the almighty . People like stephen Hawkings who dismiss god and say that creation on earth is mere chemistry are talking out of sheer arrogance . Are you telling me that no patient has died in a hospital despite the best medical equipment and the care of the best doctors ? A friend of mine who was 40 , who was healthy and fine on christmas day last year, felt uneasy and got admitted to a super speciality hospital in chennai . 3 hours later he was dead . Despite a postmortem , they were unable to find what killed him . Do we denounce science and make a mockery of it in times like this ?? No we dont , we just say that God is greater than the doctor . simple as that . But certain people of science laugh at astrologers when they make wrong predictions and denounce astrology . My anger is against such people . Not science as a whole .

Best regard's

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 18 Jan 2011

aseem82 wrote:Thanks astroboyji....Good thing about you is you know how to show humility... :D

Dear Sanjayji,

You know why I avoid you because of the picture containing bad words like ****.. :D

Don't ignore the marvels of science of what it has done to benefit mankind..I accept there is limitation to it But I also Believe science will definitely succeed in finding the right answers to this mystical universe.

Man, do you think that astrology will save you if you get involve in a serious accident, or one of your organ becomes damaged?

aseem
Dear Aseem Ji,
It is blessing,If a person is avoided by people it means GOD is comming near to that person.I will love if whole world avoids me.
Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Kumar

BRvedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BRvedic » 20 Jan 2011

Hi

Astroboy wrote:
let me state another example Galileo discovered Jupiter in 1610, but jyotishya had discovered and described this planet in the classical texts of jyotish, all without a telescope

I found a link where you knew about the planets Uranus (Shveta), Neptune (Shyama) and Pluto (Teevra) in the year 5561 BC, and of course the other planets. So maybe history is rewritten.

http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/a ... artak.html

Regards
Br.vedic

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 20 Jan 2011

aseem82 wrote:but why you want the world to avoid you?
Loneliness is essential for spiritualism why:
-Less memories because less interaction with people.
-Less polluted spiritual environment due to thoughts of other people near to a person good or bad mostly bad.
-No expectation from people.
-Now days TV news & news paper can give lot of frustration because high EQ of a person who is motivating himself towards spirituality.

Once I went to one Buddhist temple I asked to a monk how to do meditation he asked me one question “how long you can watch TV,how long you can sit down with friends talking about all under the Sun , how long you can surf internate”.my answer was I can do these for hours he told then you don’t have 5 minutes for meditation.
Hence to reduce our memories loneliness is required.
How to achieve loneliness it depends upon a person. Yes I agree to achieve loneliness is not easy.