How to use quotes

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
How to use quotes

Post by spidey » 07 Nov 2010

Dear Friends,
I see quite a few posts these days where inappropriate usage of quotes spoils the readability of the thread.

I am writing the following lines as a guideline so that everyone is benefited -

1) Select the text that you want to quote
2) With the text selected click on the 'Quote' box which is directly above the text box area where you are typing.
3) Finally before you click on submit , please Uncheck the 'Disable BBC Code' checkbox which is located below the text box area.
4) A better idea still is to permanently uncheck this 'Disable BBC Code feature' using
Board Preferences -> Edit posting defaults -> 'Enable BBCCode by default'
Set this to 'Yes'
This would ensure that whenever you use the quote feature , you would not need to uncheck the check box below your mail.

That's it ...nice and easy :D

Dear moderators ,
Please feel free to move this post to whichever section you deem fit.

Thanks and regards,
Spidey

I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to use quotes

Post by chaks » 07 Nov 2010

Very timely Spidey :D .

Better still, if all the above procedure looks complicated, one can address the post to the intended member and give his/her views without any quoting :D .

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 08 Nov 2010

Dear Spidey,

Very appropriate post!! Even though it looks simple, there seems to be a need to stress it now.
With appropriately quoting the text, the whole post become unimaginably uncluttered and reader-friendly.

sikhidvaja
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sikhidvaja » 08 Nov 2010

This information was helpful for me.

Thank you! Spidey :)
With Best Regards,
Sikhidvaja.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 08 Nov 2010

This information was helpful for me
Thanks and regards.anu
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”