what is Gandanta?

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
anusugu123
Contributor
Contributor
what is Gandanta?

Post by anusugu123 » 21 Oct 2010

I looked at the description of Gandanta in several articles on the web. But i would like to know the effects of Gandanta?
Are effects of gandata limitted to childhood or they will show effect even when they are adults?
What happens if venus (as 4 or 5th lord) is in Gandanta and is vargothamma?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: what is Gandanta?

Post by astroboy » 21 Oct 2010

Good day to you,

If any graha is located in the last 3 degree 20 of Ashlesha ,Jyeshtha and Revati and the first 3 degree 20 of Ashvini, Magha and Mula then that graha is subjected to Gandanta. Classic texts suggests that Grahas located at these points are weak and afflicted.

So why does this happen ?
Let us take Cancer and leo. One is a watery sign and the other a fiery sign. to make matters worse, Ashlesha end in Cancer and Magha starts in Leo. thus the strength of a juncture point is weakened and is ill defined due to the forced intermingling of two different energies. This is a zone of transition between two energies and are thus considered potentially weak.

Trust this help's
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

anusugu123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anusugu123 » 29 Oct 2010

astroboy wrote:Good day to you,

If any graha is located in the last 3 degree 20 of Ashlesha ,Jyeshtha and Revati and the first 3 degree 20 of Ashvini, Magha and Mula then that graha is subjected to Gandanta. Classic texts suggests that Grahas located at these points are weak and afflicted.

So why does this happen ?
Let us take Cancer and leo. One is a watery sign and the other a fiery sign. to make matters worse, Ashlesha end in Cancer and Magha starts in Leo. thus the strength of a juncture point is weakened and is ill defined due to the forced intermingling of two different energies. This is a zone of transition between two energies and are thus considered potentially weak.

Trust this help's
Thank you, Astro boy. what i would like to know about Gandata is, -- what are the effects of Gandata and are they limitted to childhood or they show effects even in adult hood? Some one told that my son has gandata and vargothamma venus. His birth date is - 27April 1992, Hyderabad, AP,India between 10AM and 12:30Pm.
I was wondering do we need to do any special pooja for gandata? We did not do any when he was a baby as we don't know about this gandata. Please let me know.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 29 Oct 2010

Anusugu 123,

Shukra is sufficiently strong in Shadbala and is Vargothama. I don't think Shukra is that weak. I don't know of any specific pooja to strengthen a Gandanta planet.

Trust this help's

{We cannot fix the lagna because of the time difference. It become's difficult to know what houses shukra gets.}
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

anusugu123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anusugu123 » 30 Oct 2010

Thank you, astroboy ji.

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 26 Mar 2011

Hi,
My Saturn is in the first 2 degrees of aswini making it Gandanta and vargottamma....I am also going through saturn dasa at present....Saturn also happens to be retrograde.....I am breaking my head about what the fate lies ahead especially in the remaining Saturn dasa.....
Will appreciate if some one can throw some light.....Does Gandanta make it worse???does vakri reverse the gandanta???
Birth details:
DOB:06/Sept./1968
Time:3.40AM
Place: Chennai
Regards,
Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 30 Mar 2011

Some one please reply....
-Sunder.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 01 Apr 2011

Sunder ji

This is for my learning: Your Sat MD is almost half over. how was it so far? especially 2001-2004.

two planets are in borders. i believe bhava chalit will also need to be considered. good thing is your Sadesathi will happen in Mer MD. :)
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 01 Apr 2011

I have a question. I think Sunds has saturn in gandanta and is also debilitated but vakri. Being in gandanta and then being debilitated makes it double weak but will vakri make it very strong?

Dev

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Devji

Generally, when a planet is vakri it gets a lot of chesta bala which as you know is one of the shadbalas. So one can say that when a debilitated planet is vakri it gets certain amount of redemption , but wont make it very strong as in say exaltation or swakshetra. i dont know if Gandanta is considered in computing the balas but i believe it is infact a very important factor in giving results.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Kandhan, seems good answer to me.
You were not seen for some time esp during India Pak match. May be u were totally immersed in it and are trying to come out of it just now on. :D

Dev

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sir

i came to the forum in the second half of the match coz i had lost hope for India. but then almost magically the match turned around and to my delight Sonuji's prediction came true. :)

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes Kandan, I too. Howmuch ever u believe astrology, when it is India Pak match and u have a score of just 260 that too after a solid start, it is natural for one to lose hopes. I too lost hopes initially.

Dev

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 05 Apr 2011

kandhan wrote:Sunder ji

This is for my learning: Your Sat MD is almost half over. how was it so far? especially 2001-2004.

two planets are in borders. i believe bhava chalit will also need to be considered. good thing is your Sadesathi will happen in Mer MD. :)
Hello Kandhanji,
Sani Dasha started of with a big bang....Infact, I got a very good job in Raymonds within a week of my sani dasha start.Sani dasha-Shani Bhukti ,I was in raymonds....Beginning Mercury bhukti,I left raymond and then there has been severe trouble.So I am not sure if sani is personally being bad to me or are the bhukti lords attacking me.
Regards,
Sunder.

pocean
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by pocean » 17 Apr 2011

DEL
Last edited by pocean on 04 Sep 2013, edited 1 time in total.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 17 Apr 2011

The only exception to Gandanta comes Via vargothama Navamsha for Gandanta points between Meena and Mesha , ie the last 3deg20 of Meena and the first 3deg20 of Mesha . No other gandanta points offer such support . I do not say that it is much ....... But whatever little support you get ....... does not hurt

pocean
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by pocean » 17 Apr 2011

DEL

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 15 Jun 2015

My Jupiter is in Moola -1 Gandanta at 00:36 in Saggi in 8th house.
Is this the worst kind of Gandanta of all 3?
Will my upcoming Jupiter Antar in Jan 2016 be good or bad?
24-12-83, 16:20, 21:46 N, 72.11 E.
Thank you!

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justicetomeplease » 06 Mar 2019

When we say some technical words pertaining to ancient beautiful language, one should always concentrate on Nirukta! The etymology. It simply clears all the doubts from root. This also one the limb of Vedaanga.
Gandaanta = Ganda+Anta. Ganda is the knot, Antam/Anta is the end. So, Gandaanta means Knot at the end. The word Gandaka means separation. Ganda can also be understood as joint/bone/goitre depending on the context.
I found Komilla Sutton Ji's article on Gandaanta to be vivid & interesting. Here's the link: https://komilla.com/lib-gandanta.html
Do read it.
It occurs at junction between fire water transition. Interestingly Jupiter is in Gandaanta right now. This is a rarest Gandaanta occurs for Jupiter. Guru will be in Gandaanta for several days.