Birth Names for Pada 3 of Ardra

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Re: Birth Names for Pada 3 of Ardra

Post by R V RAMANAN » 11 Oct 2010

Dear bode,

Ur right about ur observation. All the texts give "nga" sound for Aarudhra third paadha. V cant start a name with nga but we can get that sound within the name.

Trust this helps.

Regards,
RAMANAN

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 11 Oct 2010

Not hijacking the thread... but I take the liberty to ask similar question from Ramanan ji. :)

Ramanan ji, My niece is born 9 Oct 2010 at 11:43 AM at Bhopal (MP). Lagna is Mool nakstra 2nd Pada and Moon is Swati Nakshatra 2nd Pada. Could you please suggest the starting letter for the name.

Thanks for your help !!
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Sinecurve,
For Swathi 2nd paada, the alphabet is "Re" as in "ray"

Regards,
-Ramanan

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 11 Oct 2010

R V RAMANAN wrote:Dear Sinecurve,
For Swathi 2nd paada, the alphabet is "Re" as in "ray"

Regards,
-Ramanan
Thanks !! I had the name 'Ranita' in my mind ....so it fits !!

Since the topic came up :) ...wonder what difference does it make to have a name matching your Rashi ?? If okay ....I wish to understand it more from your experience than whats written in scriptures.

- thanks !!
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Sinecurve,
Ranita is "Ra". It should be something like "Reshma, Reshmi, Renuka"....etc

I do not know what good these names do. Maybe, bcos it vibrates with the Moon there may be clarity of mind etc.

I was born in Poorvabadhrapaadha and ppl use to call me "tharuthalai". Learn the meaning of this from Chaks.

Regards,
RAMANAN

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 11 Oct 2010

No 'thalai', I wont give him the meaning :D

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 12 Oct 2010

R V RAMANAN wrote:Dear Sinecurve,
Ranita is "Ra". It should be something like "Reshma, Reshmi, Renuka"....etc

I do not know what good these names do. Maybe, bcos it vibrates with the Moon there may be clarity of mind etc.

I was born in Poorvabadhrapaadha and ppl use to call me "tharuthalai". Learn the meaning of this from Chaks.

Regards,
RAMANAN
Thanks Ramanan ji !!
chaks wrote:No 'thalai', I wont give him the meaning :D
:D

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 12 Oct 2010

Dear Chaks

Its ok give him the meaning. I too am very keen to know the exact meaning of this word.

regards
ramanan

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 12 Oct 2010

Thats my problem too sir :) . Each language has its own way of naming the unscrupulous person. I can't think of any other english word with a closer meaning to 'tharuthalai' - maybe scoundrel would fit better, what do you think? :) . It in effect means somebody who roams around without any responsibility whatsoever :)

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

dear chaks

From your expert analysis my deduction is that tharuthalai will come very close to an irresponsible vagabond.

Have a nice day

regards
ramanan

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 12 Oct 2010

I think it fits me better even though nobody has called me that to date :)

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

R V RAMANAN wrote:dear chaks

From your expert analysis my deduction is that tharuthalai will come very close to an irresponsible vagabond.

Have a nice day

regards
ramanan
:D...Ramanan ji ... wonder why would someone call you that...:) ...
chaks wrote:I think it fits me better even though nobody has called me that to date :)
:D Me too !! Ketu in Lagna gives me license to wander !! :)

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Bode

Names of lord shiva might suit an arudra born native. Gangadhar, shashank, etc. I dont remember the name of the website but there are plenty of websites which give sanskrit names with meanings.

Trust this helps

regards
ramanan

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Bode, Just google it....there are tons of sites ...and lot of names for each alphabet !! My mother has been doing the same for last 2 - 3 days...:)

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Bode,

Its true that some books say that the name shd start with the syllable but in this case of "nga" how can u start a name with that. So I suggested to get that sound atleast in the middle of the name bcos u have no other option.

Regards,
RAMANAN

sikhidvaja
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sikhidvaja » 12 Oct 2010

@ Ramanan Sir,
Looking at your patient responses to everyone's questions and wide knowledge level, don't know why you were called so. Unless 'tharuthalai' has some hidden positive meaning like that of 'vanjapugazhchi ani' in tamil (sarcastic statement representing an opposite meaning to what is stated.).

I was born with moon in Purvabhadrapada 4th pada. I don't know whether others perceive me as 'tharuthalai'. But nobody has said it upfront till now :)

In one of the threads, astroboy had mentioned that this nakshatra represents a 'double faced man' who has a dark side which is hidden from outside world.

Inspite of being lorded by benevolent, auspicious Jupiter, why this nakshatra is considered to be inauspicious and has negative representations?
Does being born in first 3 padas or last pada varies the amount of maleficience for this nakshatra?

@ Sinecurve,
Also, I have ketu in lagna. So now I have double license to be an irresponsible vagabond ;-)
With Best Regards,
Sikhidvaja.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Sikidhvaja,

Only my dad used to call me so, and it was not "vanja pugazhchi ani". it was out of sheer pain in seeing his eldest son simply closing his eyes and sitting, doing nothing. He really used to wonder as to how that was possible for he is a workaholic.

I dont know what the others felt but nobody dared to call me so.

I have Rahu in lagna and maybe im one.

Regards,
RAMANAN

sikhidvaja
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sikhidvaja » 13 Oct 2010

Now I understand Ramanan Sir :-)

On reading your response, I just got reminded about the incident in Ramana Maharish's life where his brother rebukes him for sitting in meditation ignoring school studies and then he started his journey towards 'Arunachala'.
With Best Regards,
Sikhidvaja.

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 13 Oct 2010

If that's the case Ramanan Sir, I think your father was wrong in his choice of the word. இடிச்சபுளி would have fit you a lot better :D. Besides, what was he complaining about after naming his son Ramanan. He should have known R V Ramana Mahrishi was on his way :)

meme

Post by meme » 13 Oct 2010

chaks,
this is not fair...i can speak tamil fluently but cannot read...so do transliterate ......
thanks and regards

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 13 Oct 2010

I can't catch the hindi words that fly around the forum from time to time either (My hindi vocabulary is about 5 or 10 words, even with transliteration I won't get a thing), so it's fair enough :) . Okay idichapuli :)

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 13 Oct 2010

Dear Chaks,
Actually the soul of Joseph Besky, the foreigner who compiled the first tamil dictionary would be at peace in seeing the rate at which we are adding new words daily to this glorious language.
The other word for "Idichapuli" is "kuthukallu".

Have a nice day.
Regards,
Ramanan