My View's on Free will and Destiny.

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab
Re: My View's on Free will and Destiny.

Post by Basab » 05 Oct 2010

Okay Astroboy, thanks for being so nice.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 05 Oct 2010

:(
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Basab

I really meant it, Astroboy. You really were nice. So be cheerful and happy.

meme

Post by meme » 05 Oct 2010

Basab

boy, you should grow up.....you are what is known as a passive aggressive person....do not do this to urself and to others.....do not make urself like this.......

now you can respond to this by calling all my planets in my horoscope as something....but that never ever proves you are right na.....sad basab sad.....

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 05 Oct 2010

by Basab » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm
And it says I am sure that people with debiliated Jupiter has a lot of wisdom and gives right counsel always.

Basab. I don't say I am right. I give advice. It's left to the person who is reading it, To take it or leave it. I am not God. This is why I say at the end of every post,

Please seek as many opinions as you can from other learned member's on the forum as I might be completely wrong with the Analysis.

It's for you to take it or leave it. I dont mince my word's and sugar coat any thing. If you cannot swallow a bitter pill . Just spit it out. Its simple as that.

Now this is it. I have promise you in the morning that I will never interefere with you again. I request you humbly to do the same. we do not see eye to eye. let's leave it at that. Lets just say we got out of the wrong side of the bed today. :) . Best of luck and God bless you. Do well. I really mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Basab

Thanks, Astroboy. And one more thing, and this is for everyone here:if you think I am being a bad moderator, you can always complain to Vaughn Paul, and he will sack me immediately.

Basab

Thanks, Meme. Life is not about proving oneself right. Most people are victims of circumstances. They become what life make them. I didn't want to be what I am. Yes, I can try to change myself, and I always try that. Anyway, God knows best, how much I tried and how much I failed. Thanks though for the advice. I will try to get over my passive aggressiveness as you have asked me to.
meme wrote:Basab

boy, you should grow up.....you are what is known as a passive aggressive person....do not do this to urself and to others.....do not make urself like this.......

now you can respond to this by calling all my planets in my horoscope as something....but that never ever proves you are right na.....sad basab sad.....

milredr

Post by milredr » 05 Oct 2010

Basab,

You said,

if you think I am being a bad moderator, you can always complain to Vaughn Paul, and he will sack me immediately.

I plan to do that :roll:
Last edited by milredr on 05 Oct 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 05 Oct 2010

Maheshji,

This point reverts back to my previous posts of being Aparoksha Gyani. When a yogi reaches such a state, he sees Lord everywhere and such knowledge is no barrier for him. All info is in Shrimad Bhagvad Gita itself. But problem is, with our little knowledge we tend to read it and make literal understandings rather than the meanings of it. Shri Madhavacharya has written Brahma Sutras on this which are authentic. The best to read is "Geeta Tatparya Niranaya" to understand inner meanings.

I also mentioned in my previous post that Free will should not be misconstrued as taking over powers from God or planets. It is the zeal to work through adverse circumstances by attributing every act to Shri Hari. These acts surpass every horoscopic calculations.

My horoscope is a puzzle for everyone. Some say, how come I am surviving my marriage, some say, how come you are in and out of jobs so much, some say, why is your life such a mess, when the horoscope does not show so. So, instead of taking horoscopic recourse, I resort to almighty and attribute all my auspicious acts to his gunas. The sins that i commit in day to day life, are result of my purva karmas where I did not resort to attributing such acts to the almighty. So, i face times when I get into a mess and then even at those times, mere small prayers to the Lord takes me out.

Keeping horoscope apart Maheshji, If you see my life practically, I am no degree educated. My father is not a businessman. My mother passed away of cancer. I fought court battles with my father to help him gain is lawfully pension and gratuity back after umpteen years of service in a single organization. I get major setbacks in career by being jobless for months together. I had 3 failed affectionate affairs. My foreign trips early on failed miserably with me landing even in debts early on. Got deprived of even roof over my head at times when i was in the most need of it and had to take refuge at relatives place and many more.

My dad believed I cannot do anything in life when i failed my graduation. I rose above all odds and proved everyone wrong. Parents had least of belief in my abilities to generate finances when my mother got detected with cancer in 2004 late. They thought their relatives will come for help for whom, they had ignored me. None of them turned to their ddoorstep to offer help. They were shattered. It was only their son who took them out of a difficult situation. And you know sirji, it was my free-will.

But please dont stop thinking here. My free-will was a request to the almighty. I had with my whole heart prayed to the almighty to give me all that strength to come up to the expectations of my parents. And i was rewarded. I was told by all my nephrology doctors that I need to get the operation done for stone issue. Next day was Ekadashi and everyone in family could see in my eye that this guy would definitely keep the fast. No point in stopping him. And it was nirjala on June 22nd this year. Imagine, me going to hospitals mid-night everyday for painkiller injections, doctors telling me for operation and here i am against all odds sitting over the fast no food no water in front of the almighty and doing my nitya pooja. I was able to complete my fast 3/4 of the time during ekadashi day. And guess what next couple of days when i had to take the sonography test, there was no stone there. The stone that doctors said cannot come out the natural way was not seen all of a sudden. It had moved out via urine. All of a sudden everything that medical science was claiming had disappeared. No pain at all.

The point is, in the spiritual journey one has to realize that the almighty is the one who gets the acts done. When members here are talking about free will they are not talking about going against God and proving oneself one up above him. thats never going to happen irrespective of horoscopic positions. Free will is not about hating God and using ones strength to fight situation. That is just a myth that one understands sooner or later. I used my free-will but attributed it to the almighty and things started changing for good in my spiritual and material journey. Without his grace free will does not materialize into results. And without free-will to execute Karma with zeal, one does not earn almightys grace as well. Why go so far, Shri Krishna and Shri Arjuna episode is a real example of it.

The point is, bliss in the Karma can only be obtained via Shri Hari's grace. It is fallacy to think that I am doing something. With steadfast hari preeti, Lord keeps erasing purva karma deficits and new births become pure and pious with diminishing sins.

Materialistically thinking, within the perimeters of our small brain, what else could have resurrected me from such a hopeless situation in life. Today I have a happy married life, a pious spouse and two lovely little angels gracing the house of Shri Hari provided to me to dwell in.

SriKrishnarpanamastu
p.mahesh wrote:Sonuji,

For verifying free-will or pre-decided destiny, one refers to earlier births. I wonder what would be the first birth and how its destiny is pre-decided (by God’s will or some purpose by him). The whole key of this topic points to the knowledge of first birth.
Is there any purana which tells how a human Soul (like you or me or any one) takes birth in the first cycle? Form where it came?

Can techniques like regression or spiritual healings can trace the origin?

Secondly, if a person keeps strict control of His Indrias (self-control) with self-awareness, can the planets and destiny supecede him?

Regards,
Mahesh

Basab

Please do so, MIlredr. And I seriously mean it. Or better, I will do something: I will write to Vaughn Pauk today and tell him that I want to leave this job as a moderator because people don't think I am qualified to be one. I will do that.
milredr wrote:Basab,

You said,

if you think I am being a bad moderator, you can always complain to Vaughn Paul, and he will sack me immediately.

I plan to do that :roll:

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 05 Oct 2010

i am not pointing this to anyone...

But people come hear to learn from senior people like shrikanth ji, revribhav ji,astrosonu ji and astroboy and many more....

please let us learn and let people learn...

Regards
Kunal
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

AND NO BODY CAN BE THE GOD OF THIS FORUM....

IF WHOEVER THINKS SO HE OR SHE IS A BIG "FOOL".RIGHT ON THE FACE..
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

Basab

Let me clear this thing out: it was a joke and I had put a smiley when I had written that. Anyway, if Astroboy thought I was serious, it's okay.
kunalbhardwaj27 wrote:AND NO BODY CAN BE THE GOD OF THIS FORUM....

IF WHOEVER THINKS SO HE OR SHE IS A BIG "FOOL".RIGHT ON THE FACE..

Basab

I have written to Vaughn Paul that I don't want to stay the moderator anymore as many people have complained.

Basab

milredr

Post by milredr » 05 Oct 2010

Basab wrote:I have written to Vaughn Paul that I don't want to stay the moderator anymore as many people have complained.

Basab
Calm down basab. Tc
Last edited by milredr on 07 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Basab,

If u think that Astroboy is egoistic..You should examine what u r all about...

He s like that in his real and day to day life also... I am witness to that...And i went there to test him that whether he just says on the forum or does he really do the things as he says... And what i found out on was that "he does wat he say... he actually lives by what he believes in...

Astroboy was writing nicely on upachaya houses... And u came and ended up making this thread a mess...

And remember u asked astroboy to analyse ur horoscope... He didnt come to U

SEE I AGREE TO ONE POINT WHEN U ASK SOMEONE TO ANALYSE UR HOROSCOPE THEN"PLEASE HAVE THE GUTS TO DIGEST WAT HE SAYS"...

WE WANT TO LEARN FROM THIS FORUM....WE DONT WANT TO SEE 2 PERSONAL EGO S CLASHING....

Regards
Kunal
Last edited by kunalbhardwaj27 on 05 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

-- Howzat

Basab

Okay, I will leave this discussion board, Kunal. I was at fault and I am leaving it. Hope you and astroboy and milredr and everyone else here will be happy now. Why didn't you tell me earlier to leave this website, I would have left then and there. Anyway, better late than never.

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Basab,

"Calm down , nobody hates you. We want to learn, its as simple as that. Please keep your ego's aside and just get on with it. "

Regards
Kunal

-- Howzat

Basab

Kunal,

I am not angry. When everyone points your finger at someone, then the person has to accept it that he has made some mistake. I have been the cause of much irritation, arguments, here in the last few months, and I have spoiled the thread of Astroboy as I can understand. I will not call that destiny, but my own fault. I think I should not stay here anymore. I am being more of a botheration than of help to anyone. And when one realizes that, he realize the meaninglessness of being here.

I will not deny that I am feeling a bit sad that I decided to leave this discussion board. It’s been 4 years here. I joined it in the first week of Nov 2006, and it is Oct 2010 now. How time flies. It feels like I had joined this discussion board just a few days back. I met so many people here, shared so much about my life and heard so much about their lives and learned so much in astrology and discussed so many charts.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with my nonsense for so long. Today I think it got too much for you all to bear, but then, I understand. I know I was at fault. I shouldn’t have poked my nose in someone else’s thread. I am really very sorry about that.

And Astroboy, maybe we never became friends, but I think very highly about you. Maybe we don’t have the same beliefs, but I really admire your courage and your determination and your strength of character. I also had a difficult childhood like you, but the difference is, you fought back and turned out a winner and even though I fought back too, I lost. Maybe because my Mars is in the 12th house and is not strong like yours that I couldn't fight back that well, and thus, lost.

You all take care,

Basab

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 05 Oct 2010

“And Moksha cannot be gained by being a Chief minister of a state OR being the no 1 millionaire of the world.”
Why ministers and millionaires are barred from getting Moksha or God’s grace? Both are mutually exclusive. One can be a millionaire and get Moksha too. Even God Himself takes birth as a King, rich and powerful.

Maheshji both of us know what I meant here. So, I will not elaborate on this point more.

-------------------------------
I am nowhere to demean Lord Sri Hari Or any body. But it is only the fine observation. Interpretation depends on experience. I am not sure why every time evil and good exist simultaneously and evil moves up easily than good. It could be a fundamental bug in the principle by which the world is run.
If it is true, It is high-time that bug is rectified by the almighty. Otherwise, the observation misleads many people, provocates and encourages to do more evil. For which the persons should not be responsible or accountable.
The judgement still exists but as per yuga dharma. For that discussions like ours are futile. One needs to dwelve deep into Brahma Sutras and Upanishads. What you and me think is immaterial because the universe will still be run as per what has been defined already. It's just that with our feeble intelligence, we are not able to grasp the gross part of the plan.

---------------------
Of course those people are great people. Everybody has good and bad. What I have mentioned only their positive aspect. They have showed how a person can reach heights by self-confidence, persistence and efforts. It is a great achievement. Now, if you say they have reached that state without blessing of God, it is further great. It is because of them, the world has seen Sri Rama or Lord Narasimha. If not because their greatness, Lord Sri Hari could not have taken births for common men like us.

Infact its the reverse Maheshji, it is because of Lord Narasimha and Sri Rama that these people took birth. Both are Shri Vishnu Rupas and Shri Vishnu is aprakrut as I mentioned earlier. There cannot be a difference between different poorna rupas of Shri Vishnu. The strength part in them is also because of daiva amshas in them at times. Ravana was a Rakshasa but a brahmin too. He had Vedadhikar and Lord did not disallow him to pursue. Hiranyakashipu had a boon of Brahmaji on his penance. How can the penance go unwarranted ? Lord is not impartial. Fruits are awarded as per the actions.

At the same time, these people misused their powers in Aquiring more Asuri Shaktis. They were basically Vishnu Dweshi. Vishnu Dweshi do not find any place to hide in the universe. The dwesha itself drags them to culmination.

So, it is fallacy to think that those two aquired powers without the will of God. Remember, Almighty if he can give something, he can take it too. Everything that we have today is his and not ours. It has to go back to him while in life or after death.

Sometimes it appears the Indian philosophy of karma (pre-decided destiny) and Vedanta is a curse on the nation. It makes a person lazy, cynical and ultimately depressed? It depletes confidence and motivation in a person. Is this the reason why India
has become soft and lagging behind?
Where is India lagging behind ? In terms of cow slaughter as compared to west/middle east OR the invention of bit codes that our Rishis invented ages back in terms of meter and Chanda in the stotras ?

OR Are you talking about Smart boy Charles darwins theory of evolution which states we rose from Apes ? Because Vedanga describes Sri Rama and Sri Krishna features very clearly to those of humans.

Are you talking about Brahma Astras that is locked for Kaliyuga that is equivalent to Nuclears in current times ? OR the Mercury fed Vaimanas that existed much before the gliders were discovered by someone ?

I earn great respect in India and foreign countries when I work. UK US and everywhere, Indian intelligence and hard work is in great demand. Clients give glowing references for my work, when I travel across companies. Am I not Indian ? I am sure there must be some case like that with you too.

Albert Einstein openly mentioned that without Indias contribution the world would not have been this forward.

We are so moving forward that US and UK economies are afraid of our workforce. Where is all this intelligence coming from ? IT is our lineage sir.

So, where are we lagging behind is my question ? Bharatvarsha is the Karma bhoomi of this universe. Moksha is granted ONLY from here. Not in the countries of mletchas and yavans. Every soul has to take birth here to get Moksha.

SriKrishnarpanamastu

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Oct 2010

I am sure everyone would agree when I say Astroboy, Astrosonu, Ramanan, Revirbhav and few others have been posting very useful informations and giving wonderful astrological advices.
Astroboy is too frank and openly gives his impressions on the horoscope without any inhibition. He also gives excellent advices and writes nice articles on various topics. I am sure not only his advice but also that of the above named astrologers or experts have benefited one and all. So I am sure such services would be continued by all the above for the benefit of all others reading articles in this forum.
Further many have openly benefited by these posts and so I am sure such posts will continue.
Dev