Entire money should be sacrificed to God!

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Maharani
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Entire money should be sacrificed to God!

Post by Maharani » 14 Jul 2010

I personally am an atheist. I really dont care what anyone else believes. Dattaswami's posts consist of huge streams of text he has pasted in. They are not his thoughts or ideas and he presents them as given truths which he seems to expect everyone to agree with. The present instance is one-sorry-I like money and I like having a lot of it and I need it to support myself. I dont care to sacrifice it to God as I dont believe in God-that is my business, not his. His posts have nothing to do with the subject of this site (jyotish, in case he hasnt noticed) and why he thinks we should all answer his posts I do not know. They are just regurgitated religious dogma and I for one find it profoundly annoying. He seems to be amazed anyone disagrees with him and needs to get a life. This is exactly the behavior of the religious zealot, Christian, Hindu or anything else-they are all the same-obsessive.

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » 14 Jul 2010

Maharani wrote:I personally am an atheist. I really dont care what anyone else believes. Dattaswami's posts consist of huge streams of text he has pasted in. They are not his thoughts or ideas and he presents them as given truths which he seems to expect everyone to agree with. The present instance is one-sorry-I like money and I like having a lot of it and I need it to support myself. I dont care to sacrifice it to God as I dont believe in God-that is my business, not his. His posts have nothing to do with the subject of this site (jyotish, in case he hasnt noticed) and why he thinks we should all answer his posts I do not know. They are just regurgitated religious dogma and I for one find it profoundly annoying. He seems to be amazed anyone disagrees with him and needs to get a life. This is exactly the behavior of the religious zealot, Christian, Hindu or anything else-they are all the same-obsessive.
The scriptures say that your sacrifice of money is highest.

1) In the very beginning itself (second Adhyaya), Gita says that the fruit of the work must be sacrificed (Karmajam Buddhi Yuktahi Phalam Tyaktva Maneeshinah). This means that realized scholars sacrifice the fruit of the work. Gita keeps sacrifice of the fruit of the work on the top most level. Gita says ‘Jnanat dhyanam visishyate, Dhyanat Karma Phala Tyagah’i.e., Bhakti (devotion) is better than Jnana (knowledge) and sacrificing the fruit of your work (money) is better than Bakthi.

2) Gita says ‘Sarva karma Phala tyagam’, ‘prahuh tyagam vichakshanah’ i.e., if you can give the fruit of the entire work to the Lord, then that is real sacrifice.

3) ‘Na karmana, Na prajaya, Dhanena, tyage naike Amritatvam Aanasuh’ i.e., you cannot attain God by selfish work or the children. You can attain God only by sacrificing your money for God’s work. – The Veda

4) The first words of the first Upanishath (Easavaasyam) says, ‘Tena tyaktena Bhunjeedah’ ‘Ma gradha ha kasyasvit Dhanam’ i.e., this entire world is the money of the Lord. Take whatever you require from His wealth; don’t take extra which is not permitted by the God. If you have taken, you are a thief. Return it back to the Lord.

5) Veda says ‘Samvidha’ ‘Shraddhayaa’ ‘Hriya’ ‘Bhiya dheyam’, i.e., return the extra to the Lord in human form after recognizing Him through His Jnana. Wait patiently till you recognize the Lord in human form. When you are donating your money to Him (actually you are giving Him His own money) you should give it with fear and feel shy.

6) In Yoga Vasistha the Guru Vasista says to Rama (Dhanamarjaya) i.e., bring money and offer it to me as Guru Dakshina before I can teach you the Jnana.

Shirdi Sai used to ask Guru Dakshina from everybody to teach this important sacrifice. He criticized a merchant who came for Brahma Jnana but was not giving even Rs.5/- from his pocket. Mr. Patil, a farmer used to donate the entire yearly crop to Baba and took back whatever Baba gave back to him.

Matthew–6 : 19 to 22
“Do not Lay up for yourselves, treasures on earth. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also”.

Matthew -7: 21
“Not everyone who say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but He who does the will of My Father in Heaven”.

Holy Islam speaks about the sacrifice of fruit of work (money) through the word ‘Jakaat’. This word says that every rich man is expected to practice the sacrifice within the limit of his wealth. Islam says that people are loving too much the money (Q’ran: AalFajr – 20). Islam says that by sacrifice of money your wealth will not decrease and in fact your wealth increases by sacrifice. Islam also mentions that by sacrifice of money your wealth becomes most pure.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 14 Jul 2010

Dattaswami and Maharani are two poles apart in thinking and philosophy.
Those who have an open mind may find it interesting that being religious or being atheist
is personal belief of different natives,
as an astrologer I have regard for both of them
and I respect their respective view points though I may not agree with either of them.

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » 14 Jul 2010

revribhav wrote:Dattaswami and Maharani are two poles apart in thinking and philosophy.
Those who have an open mind may find it interesting that being religious or being atheist
is personal belief of different natives,
as an astrologer I have regard for both of them
and I respect their respective view points though I may not agree with either of them.
One should not reject true divine knowledge even if it is harsh

True knowledge is compared to fire (Jnaanaagnih….Gita) because no false hood can survive in it without becoming ash. Certainly the true knowledge is harsh and looks like impossible to practice. The impossibility may be now but not in the future. The souls of Gana have practiced the true spiritual knowledge and hence it is not impractical. The time taken to reach the stage of practice may be days or months or years or births. At least appreciate the truth, which is the first step in the practice. If you avoid the appreciation and criticize it so that you can escape its practice, you are gone forever.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 14 Jul 2010

:)
YOU ARE FORCING ME TO AVOID APPRECIATING YOU.
YOU NEED EMPTY WALLS
TO HAVE THE PATIENCE OF LISTENING TO HOLLOW SERMONS.

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 14 Jul 2010

This thread reminds me of a old lame joke.. :)

person 1: are you deaf ?
person 2 : NO I am deaf..
person 1: Oh I thought you are deaf...

Luv u all !!!
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » 15 Jul 2010

sinecurve wrote:This thread reminds me of a old lame joke.. :)

person 1: are you deaf ?
person 2 : NO I am deaf..
person 1: Oh I thought you are deaf...

Luv u all !!!
The generation and propagation of the divine knowledge is not a waste.

The generation and propagation of the divine knowledge is not a waste. Certainly, all will not change. A few will partially change. One or two in this minority will change completely (Manushyanam…Gita). Majority remains as it is. They are always concentrating on the worldly bonds only. Their goal is money, family, comforts, fame etc., only. At the maximum they may attend some work shops to get relief from the stress because they are tired with the stress by the problems to attain their goals. For them work is worship. Their ultimate and utmost spiritual effort is only the participation in a work shop on stress relief so that they can be reactivated for fresh efforts to achieve the worldly goals by improving their professional skills. It is just a commercial advertisement!

The spiritual preachers also changed according to the public because the tendency of today is that the ruler should go according to the needs of public in democracy. A king may do like that who is a politician aspiring for position, power and wealth. But a spiritual preacher should not come down to such level. He should guide the people to the right path without any compromise of the truth. The people should follow the knowledge. But today the knowledge is following people. The people need only fresh strength in the worldly work.

The spiritual preacher limited himself to that particular lowest level only which is needed for the public. All the other higher levels are just mentioned as a formality. Here the spiritual preacher should impress on the life after death. He should preach about the unimaginable stress which is to be faced by the people after death in the hell. Islam and Christianity speak about the permanent hell. There is only one enquiry at the end of this only one human life. After that enquiry, either permanent place in the abode of God or permanent hell will be the result of the divine judgment. Such concept is absolutely correct and is also universal. The law of God is one and the same in any religion.

God uses His special power in the case of exceptionally deserving devotees to grant the human rebirth and this cannot be generalized. In Hinduism this exceptional facility is extended to every human being and this caused a careless lenient view about the spiritual effort to concentrate on God. The president of the country can cancel the death punishment in the case of a deserving candidate using his special power. If this is generalized and if every human being is granted this facility, there is no fear for any one to do a murder! Due to this reason only, we can find most of the Christians and Muslims in Churches and mosques to worship God and they are not found in the stress relief- work shops. We can find mainly Hindus in these work shops. Hindus feel that a number of chances of human birth will be available in future and going to hell is only a temporary visit.

One must note an important point here. By concentrating on God through devotion, you will get the stress relief also which is included in the devotion. Then why to spend time for mere stress relief from this temporary worldly problems? In the school all the subjects are taught. If you go to a single teacher, you can learn one subject only. Which is better? School or tuition teacher? By the divine knowledge and devotion, you are getting stress relief in this world as well as in the upper world. In the work shop you can get stress relief from the problems in this world only. I am not criticizing these work shops because I am not in the competition with those preachers for fame or wealth. I am also not jealous with those preachers for their fame. I am only pained by the fate of the followers and those preachers also in the future. Veda says that blind lead blind and fall in the well (Andhenaiva……..). Some preachers say that they know the truth, but they are doing like this for initial attraction. But the initial attraction is always continuing through out the human life. What is the difference between such work shops and cinema theaters, since both give stress relief? What is the difference between these work shops and hospitals since both give relief from illness?

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 15 Jul 2010

Rita ji commented that this is a forum of discussion and that Dattaswami is not really discussing anything..
Then why do we poke him again and again? To satisfy our own urge for argumentation?
If we find someone annoying, its best to leave them alone..
just my humble opinion

Luv,
Sunny

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 15 Jul 2010

YOU ARE RIGHT,THIS FORUM BELONGS TO ASTROLOGY.
SOMETIMES, WHEN IT IS TOO MUCH THEN ONLY ONE OF THE MEMBERS TRIES TO IMPART HIM SOME HUMAN VALUES BUT THIS PERSON REFUSES TO LISTEN.