Astrocartography

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GandharvaLord
Astrocartography

Post by GandharvaLord » 11 Jun 2019

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am curious as to whether any of the learned members of this forum have knowledge of "astrocartography."

Astrocartography is essentially a Western discipline which uses the the planets of one's birth chart to generate a map that shows areas of planetary influence. One can find software that can generate these maps for one's own personal use.

Personally, I would like to see this discipline further developed by Vedic astrologers, as I think it is legitimate. I have seen with my own eyes the changes proclaimed by the astrocartographers.

From Wikipedia:

"Developed and popularized by American astrologer Jim Lewis (1941-1995),[1] astrocartography is a locational astrology system that focuses on elements of the natal chart, by identifying these factors on a world "Astro*Carto*Graphy Map." Lewis' Astro*Carto*Graphy maps show all locations on the earth where planets were "angular" (rising, setting, on the zenith or nadir) at the moment of an event like a person's birth. An "angular" planet is one that is conjunct one of these four angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC). These locations are displayed in the form of lines on the Astro*Carto*Graphy world map."

GandharvaLord

Re: Astrocartography

Post by GandharvaLord » 13 Jun 2019

Any thoughts?