Aruda Prashna- Kerala

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Chandrashekar08
Contributor
Contributor
Aruda Prashna- Kerala

Post by Chandrashekar08 » 11 Sep 2018

Hello!

I a new user on this Q&A platform. I am wondering if any of the members use Kerala Aruda Prashna.

element5

Re: Aruda Prashna- Kerala

Post by element5 » 25 Sep 2018

An example of Keraliya Pashna with Jammakol

Prashna for a fellow Astrologer. Disease and Suffering. (PART 1)

Using Pancha Sutras from Prashnamarg and Krishneeyam, Yamakol chart and bhootodaya chart (Rare Part), Nadi rules. Wrath of Yakshini, Brahmin Shrap , badhak is used in this prashna. All are separate and carry complete analysis.
The prashna has been casted for a native who is a legend in astrological circles. He was suffering from several diseases from past many years.
I first heard about him when I was working with Parashara Light in year 1998-99. His software was one of the leading soft-wares and carried immaculate calculations. I also contacted him back then, but lost contact with time. Only a recent event related to Sri.Sunil John’s video, switched on the old memories. I heard that he is suffering and needed money for treatment.
It is only because of the efforts of great souls like Sunil John, Vic DiCara and Ehsan Khan ji, that he has got the help in a timely manner.
The question about his illness and his monologue about his condition really perturbed me and this chart is an outcome of same churning.
I am not an expert in this area. I am still learning (Seriously). I request the fellow brethren to pardon me if I have committed any mistakes.

Questions will be asked be me and answered by me. Questions 1 Is he really suffering?

I know it is heinous and almost cruel, but this should be the first question in every case. If malefic are posted in 3,11 or benefic in 3,6,8,12 and mandi not placed in trine, kendras or eighth house then the person is not suffering. It means that prashna chart having above combinations means that the disease is an illusion and temporary.
Eleventh House-Mercury. 6, 8th house have Rahu and Moon. Moon is malefic because of being in paksha heena and being with malefics in D-9 and D-3 chart. Mandi is in lagna. 12th house has Sun and Ketu.
So all these combinations indicate that there is a disease and that disease is not an illusion.
What is the disease?
Planets in 6,8,12 cause disease. 6th is carrying Rahu. Eighth is Moon. 12th is having ketu and Sun.
8th is strongest so Moon which rules heart or Mana is causing disease. Badhakesh also causes problems and Mercury is Badhakesh. Placed in eleventh house with Jupiter in Badha bhava. Mercury is nerves. Venus as eighth house lord placed in Head. Mars and Venus both rule head and face. So there is a disease related to brain, heart, emotions that has disrupted the brain and nerves of this person.
Venus is strong in Uday lagna so definitely disease is in head or top portion of the body. Pisces and Sagittarius indicates disease related to mental aberrations or ear ache. As Moon and Mercury are also there, mental turmoil is the cause and disease of this native.

Intensity of the disease

The rising is of gandant rashi (Last degree of Pisces) in Sarpa drekkana. Eighth house and second house lord are combined with Mandi in a Ubhayodayi sign. This is not a very happy situation.
The udaya is watched by a retrograde Jupiter in 100% aspect. As Jupiter is retro Krishneeyam recommends that the strength increases by four times. Jupiter is divine grace.
So though, there is a good amount of trouble and danger, there is a visible amount of help coming from divine as well.
Intensity of Disease through Sutras. (Jeeva, Roga and Mrityoo Sutras) Samanaya, Adhipa, Ansa, Nakshtra and Mahasutra.
Prithvi Tatwa and Samanya Sutra: Here Aruda and Uday become important. Uday is a chara(Tula) and Aruda is dual (Pisces). It becomes mrityoo sutra with Prithvi Tatwa.
Jal Tatwa and Roga Adhipa Sutra: Lord of Arudha is Venus and lord of Uday is Jupiter. They are enemies to each other. It is Mrityoo Sutra under Adhipa and Jal tatwa.
Agni Tatwa and Ansa Sutra: Aruda is tula at 26.47 minutes. This is ninth navmansha which is mithuna. As uday navmansha is dual and aruda navmansha is dual so it is roga sutra.
Vayu Tatwa and Nakshatra sutra: Uday is rising in Revati Nakshatra. His natal star is shatbhisha. Counting from Revati to Shatbhisha the count is 25. Dividing by 3 we get 1 which is Jeeva sutra with Vayu tatwa.
Mahasutra with Akasha Tatwa: We have to check the Arudha and tenth sign to find out the sutras. Arudha is Tula which is a diurnal sign. Cancer is a Nocturnal sign, which is the tenth house from Aruda. As one is nocturnal and other a diurnal, it is roga sutra and hence it clearly indicates a prolonged illness.
Summarized form:
1.Prithvi tatwa which rules flesh, bones, skin, veins and hair is in Mrityoo sutra. So this tatwa is vitiated and it is prolonged illness. Ruled by Mercury placed in rik bhava.
2. Jal tatwa rules sweat, blood, urine, semen and phlegm etc. It is in mrityoo sutra again indicates vitiated tatwa. Ruled by venus and exalted in Uday.
3. Agni tatwa rules hunger, thirst, lethargy etc and it is in roga sutra. Ruled by Mars placed in uday.
4. Vayu which rules limbs and physical activities are fine as it is Jeeva sutra. Please note that this absolutely true in this case. Ruled by Saturn placed in tenth house.
5. Akash is in roga sutra. So love, hatred, passion etc are ill. Ruled by Jupiter watching the ascendant.
Samanya sutra indicates past: So past indicates a prolonged illness. This is true as this gentleman is suffering from disease from past seven years. Nakshatra is jeeva while Ahipa is mrityoo indicating the problems in present. Ansa and Mahasutra both carry roga so future indicates roga.

element5

Post by element5 » 25 Sep 2018

YAMAKOL

The question was asked in third yama. The tatwa rising was Jala. The lord is Venus. Udayam is Makar and Aruda is Tula. Shanivaar is the day.

The rising Tatwa and Sukra both are same and are afflicted by sixth house lord of disease which is Mercury (Inner circle). A clear cut indication of nerves or mind damage by a vitiated Jala (rising is Jal tatwa with Jala planet Venus (outer circle). Moon the ruler of Jala is sitting in Aruda causing Jala tatwa problem. His blood is not flowing properly in his nerves according to yamas.
Sphutas:
The trispuhta is in Virgo which is badhak sign of this chart. It carries Jupiter which is good.
Nadi System:
Horesh is moon placed in eighth house of loss. It is placed in eighth house of longevity in Vishakha nakshatra. Such a person follows obedience to religious injunctions and can suffer from lunacy or mental illness. Moon is paksha heena with a retro Jupiter in rear and Saturn in Front. The disease is not hidden and already taken lot of years as moon has travelled a lot.
The horesh and Uday lagna are in 8/6 relationship which is not good. The udaya lord is placed in lagna with Mandi which is not good. Rogesh Surya is in trine to Moon with Ketu indicating that the person is some kind of Sanyasi. But Moon and Sun are both separated from Lagna indicating that lagna (the native in question or his body) is not in sync with Heart and soul.
As Rogesh is in trine to Horesh the person is ill which we already know.

Cause of Disease:

Sins committed in this life or previous life is the cause of diseases. Recovery requires Japa, Homa, Danam and Aushadi.

So cause of disease can be accidental as well as Natural but the base of all disease is karma. According to Krishneeyam, Jupiter occupying the bhadha bhava indicates the wrath of Ishta devatas or Brahmins or teachers. The prucchak in question has been in contact with these people, his whole life. His nature is very fine and yet he might have attracted the wrath.
Venus the lord of the eighth house and also the lord of Aruda rules Yakshinis and Matrikas. As Venus is close to Mandi, it indicates a wrath inferred through some powerful female ancestral spirit. Moon and Venus indicates roga through fasting and wrong food which will help these powerful spirits to inflict the nervous system of this person.
Remedy for this is Mrityoonjay Homa and use of Kalyan Ghrita or Panchagavya Ghrita. Distributing of food to poor females will help this native.

Future of illness and Timing of Cure:

The most Krura planet between rogesh (Surya) and Astamesha (Sukran) is ketu. Ketu is seven years which is quite astonishingly the exact time of the suffering of this gentleman.
Ketu will enter Makar on 9th September 2017. This is the ending point of illness according to one theory.
Aruda is Deergha sign. Aruda lord is in Hasva sign. Uday is Hasva sign. Hasva’s lord here is Jupiter which rules 1 month. It is placed in Virgo Navmansha so 6 months is the time. After March this comes to August.
As Moon is in eighth house disease is prolonged but as both Venus and Jupiter are in Kendra there is a good chance of recovery of this person.

Please note that this is an ubhayodaya sign with 50% chances. Kendras are fortified which is good but Moon is afflicted. So the recovery is partial only and the native has to be careful with his diet.
The correct remedies and observance of strict rules can help this native.
Another method by Neelkantha Daiva uses four things.

Here Jupiter is the lord of ascendant and is the Physician. Seventh house lord Mercury (Who is also badhakehs) is the disease and carries physician. Mercury rules nerves and we know it is the disease. 10th house is patient which carries Saturn. Fourth house lord is treatment. Mercury is Natural or green treatment. I recently came to know that he is treated through this method.
Jupiter and Mercury are gr.enemies in pancha matri chakra. So there is no friendship between Physician and patient and medicine and treatment. It is not good and will prolong the problem.
That is why 6 to 7 months will be the time of illness.
Then after the person needs care and proper diet control.
I wish him a good luck and pray to lord Narayan for his health.

Alok Jagawat

Chandrashekar08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Chandrashekar08 » 28 Sep 2018

Thank you for a wonderful post.

I have been practicing Aruda Prashna for sometime. It's good to see you practicing Keraliya Pashna. It's a wonderful technique to have in an astrologer's arsenal.

Like you explained using Lagna as the doctor, 4th house as treatment, 7th house as sickness and 10th house as Patient is an effective method in Roga Prashna.

I happened to spot Mandi in Lagna in a general Roga Prashna, I said that person you have Preta bada. She said, the last Krishna paksha I stepped on a lemon which was disposed on the road (Which connects 3 different road).
She performed the remedies, she was out of sickness I'm 3-4 days.
It's an amazing school of Astrology.

Do you have knowledge on Deva Prashna ( Astamangala Prashna)?

Thank you !

element5

Post by element5 » 28 Sep 2018

Deva Prashna requires vigorous study under scholars. Tambula, devprashna also requires a remembrance for scriptures in literal form. I am not a adept in that branch. Though I understand the process completely. Shri Dharmaraja Iyyer is one the teachers who is still teaching. I learnt the techniques from Shri.N.E Muthuswamy and Shri.M.R Bhatt. True; Mandi in lagna indicates preta badha. When with Badhakesh and shashtesh, it indicates abhichaar karma sometimes.

Chandrashekar08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Chandrashekar08 » 29 Sep 2018

Yes, you are correct on Deva Prashna. And, the basics of Tamboola Prashna is easy to understand, mastering it would need guidance of a capable guru.

What other forms of Prashna are you adept in ?
What books did you get to read on Prashna?

I got to read Prashna Marga by BV Raman and Prashna shastra by Kabyadi Sri Srinivas archarya.

Thank you!

element5

Post by element5 » 29 Sep 2018

Prashna Anushthan Paddhati, Prashna Marg and Krishneeyam are the best. However, all of them require an able guidance and the blessings of supreme brahmin. The arootha that is random is actually correct only when we are pure and God fearing. The chatra and Arootha are important in Kavadi prashnam and Asthamangalayam. Books will not work in this case because I have met people who learnt it through books. Even when we have Guru we ourselves need to practice devotion, purity and regular japa to answer the Pruchhak. Prashna (Vedic prashna not tajik) is purely spiritual work, no amount of reading can substitute the divine blessings.

Chandrashekar08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Chandrashekar08 » 30 Sep 2018

You hit the nail right on the head. "No amount of reading can substitute the divine blessings."

This is one of the reasons why I believe siddhi is important regardless an individual is an astrologer or not.

Would you be able to share some PDF's on Prashna Anushthan Paddhati and Krishneeyam (English version)?
I telephoned the local book store for these books, the seller said these books are not available (out of print).

I practice Tajika as well, it's an amazing technique for snapshot predictions not as good as Keraliya prashna.

When I started learning Aruda Prashana, I was taken aback by its predictions and accuracy. It's too good for an astrologer. In fact, I started focusing more on Aruda prashna and less on all-time favorite Tajika.

Thank you!

skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skrajiv » 05 Sep 2019

I believe Krishneeyam mentions the planetary order of Tithi Lords and I heard it's different from the usual weekday order advocated by many astrologers. Can you please confirm the same and mention the planets ruling each of the tithis from Pratipada to Ammavasya/Pournima. Thanks

element5

Post by element5 » 09 Sep 2019

भौमभृगुसौम्यचन्द्रा रविगरुसौरोरगास्तु दिवसानां
एकादीनां पतयो मेषाद्या राशयोप्येवं।। ११

The above verse explains how to calculate the tithi (Vedic date) based on the calculation of sign mentioned in the stanzas from 1to7.
The tithi is based on the lordship of the sign as mentioned above. First, find the sign and then use the following table to assign the tithi based on the lordship by planets.

Tithi Planet Tithi Planet
Pratipada Mars Navami Mars
Ḍvitiya Venus Ḍaśami Venus
Ṭritiya Mercury Ekadasi Mercury
Chaturthi Moon Ḍvadaśi Moon
Panchami Sun Ṭrayodaśi Sun
Ṣaśthi Jupiter Chaturdaśi Jupiter
Saptami Saturn Purnima Saturn
Āśtami (half-moon) Rahu Āmavasya Rahu

Signs are also assigned to Yama of planets as follows:
Aries belongs to Mars.
Taurus to Venus
Gemini to Mercury
Cancer to Moon
Leo to Sun
Virgo to Jupiter
Saturn to Libra
Rahu to Scorpio Sagittarius to Mars
Capricorn to Venus
Aquarius to Mercury
Pisces to Rahu

skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skrajiv » 09 Oct 2019

Thanks a lot for this information. Somehow I missed the notification for this. I wonder how we need to analyse the tithi lords in a horoscope chart. The information on signs is also quite interesting, it seems to follow same planetary order from Aries to Leo but then undergoes a change to factor in the tithi lordship sequence. Very interesting indeed.

Also just to clarify is Pisces Yama ruled by Rahu or Moon? I'm asking because from Aries-Scorpio it follows the Tithi sequence and again from Sagittarius to Aquarius it is Mars, Venus and Mercury. For Pisces however it comes to Rahu. Thanks very much for sharing this stanza from Krishneeyam.

element5

Post by element5 » 26 Dec 2019

I have recently translated Krishneeyam and Prashna Anushthan is also been translated by my dear brother K.Guru Rajesh in English. You will get complete explanation in it.

Chandrashekar08
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Chandrashekar08 » 30 Dec 2019

Would you please provide a link so that I can purchase them?

Thank you

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 31 Dec 2019

Any idea about jamkol

element5

Post by element5 » 02 Jan 2020

Krishneeyam is available on Flipcart
https://www.flipkart.com/krineeyam-kris ... fa933cad7e

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 02 Jan 2020

It is out of stock

element5

Post by element5 » 02 Jan 2020

It isn't as I check. However, you can directly send your address and details on 9799333666 (Whatsapp). The book will be couriered to you if you are in India.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 03 Jan 2020

element5

Post by element5 » 03 Jan 2020

Yes Guruji Sri Muthuswamy wrote three English books. All are good including Ashtamangalya prashnam.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 04 Jan 2020

In which year you learned from him?

element5

Post by element5 » 04 Jan 2020

I came in contact with him after I completed my Visharad in 97. It was probably 1999 or 2000 when I learnt about him through prachar sabha. Because I was far away in different city the only possible contact was phone. He was too humble to explain some intricacies mentioned in his books. It was good that he understood both Hindi and English pretty well. It was only through his Sanskrit Audio lessons and books that My interest in Prashna came to extreme. Then I also read about Mr.P.S Iyyer and his various contributions to astrological magazine. He is the only scholar who has impressed me with his uncanny abilities. Seems like he was well versed in Kerala Tantra, Prashna and Chandrakala Nadi. Currently Shri Dharmaraja Iyyer is still teaching the kerala prashna.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 05 Jan 2020

Thanks for the reply. Kindly give the contact details of Mr D. Iyyer.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 05 Jan 2020

Yes i was also fortunate to meet sri ps Iyer in one of the conferences,very humble man expert in antra remedies,and prasna astrology.in one of the conference a person raised a question. And he replied with in a span of 5 minutes and his analysis were superb .he wrote a book on Vedic remedies and if any member got that book pl.share ,as the book is currently not available.Actually he planned to publish that book during the year 1988 and he expired suddenly before publishing ,and his son returned the amount .
Sri ps Iyer is an amazing astrologer