The link between karma and the planets

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 17 Aug 2009

Thanks Anupamji.

[quote]I would very humbly say you are reading too much but not filtering at all. Spirituality does not mean to do Abhishek or flying into the air or creating laddoos out of the wind. Most of these things can be done by a good magician but can we term him as spiritual? Spirituality means saatwik qualities or your inner search. [/quote]

Doing abhishek/pooja shows that the being (avoiding "person" since Vaali was a vaanara) recognises someone other than itself as supreme. Humulity is not just the first step but the very foundation of spirituality. Based on whatever little descriptions of Vaali and Sugreev are there in the epics, we have reasonable ground to conclude that Vaali was spiritually more advanced than Sugreev.

As I mentioned earlier Vaanars are animals and there is nothing like "someone else's wife". If we were to screen them from the standpoint of human beings, abandoning the dead body of his elder brother in the caves without performing final rites is even greater sin committed by Sugreev. But then was Vaali right in punishing sugreev by another sin? May not be. But unfortunately that is exactly what Lord Rama also did by breaking his dharma by killing someone who was not fighting him and that too clandestinely.

As I said earlier, none of these are my original thoughts. They have been written upon and discussed at length by many writers. Unless we persevere and debate hidden messages in the epics will go unnoticed.

[quote]In all reality when I talk about bhakti marga I have Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Meera, Prabhupad, Ramakrishna Paramhansa and even Prahalad in my mind. As far as these God men are concerned I would say every person drags towards a mind which is more powerful than him. It is a natural process. The best way to see the real guru is to see their sishyas. The quality of disciple can make you understand what kind of Guru he has accepted. As in Sanskrit it is said " Yatha guru tatha shisya'.[/quote]

The fundamental question is how do I make out whether the person in front of me is Chaitanya or a current day Kalki? Do I do this using logic or faith?
If I cant assess the authenticity of a Guru how do I verify the goodness of his shishyaas?

What I am trying to drive at indirectly has answers to Rajithaji's question "Why dont we see such great saints today?". In my view the simple answer is, a great saint never advertises himself, not now and not in the past. But earlier people used to be less busy in their material pursuits and ended up spending some time in hanging around such people and actually validate whether the person is a saint.

On the contrary today, hypothetically, we read about existence of such a saint in any media, none of us (or may be very few of us) rush to the place to "try him out". We dont mind rushing to a mall to "try out" a dress that we finally dont buy and not consider it a waste of time.

CRS

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 17 Aug 2009

Hi Rajitha ji,

“Also, can you tell me what you meant by SRF in your previous post to me?”

I think Anupam ji meant “Self-Realization Fellowship” when he said SRF. This was founded by Paramahansa Yogananda in 1920 to make available the universal teachings of Kriya Yoga.

Dear Lovacrs,

Sorry for jumping in, but I wanted to share my thoughts also.

“As I mentioned earlier Vaanars are animals and there is nothing like "someone else's wife".”

You are right to an extent that for animals there is no concept of husband and wife, but when you specifically say that they were husband and wife and they had elder brothers, sisters, mother, father, then you cannot treat them as animals. There is a king and there is a praja who follows the king. Will you still say that they are only animals? When they have super human (Lord Shiva in form of hanuman also born as vanar)…will you still say that they are animals only.

The basic difference between animal and human being is the ability to decide what is right and what is wrong. When they have it, they cannot be treated as animals only. When Bali knows that there is shiva and he is praying to him, then he is not just an animal.

“we have reasonable ground to conclude that Vaali was spiritually more advanced than Sugreev.”

Bali may have been more actively praying to lord, however, it is very important to imbibe the good characteristics and do good deeds. I will give a very strange comparison..Bali and Sai…both of them pray to god day and night…with divine grace they have accumulated powers..now one of them works for welfare or society and other works for his own selfish deeds. Whom do you think is spiritual and whom do you think is materialistic? It is the way you use your divine energy, decides whether you are spiritual or materialistic.

If this example does not work, I will give you a contemporary example. There is person who swindles money of poor people who applied for his listed stocks. Middle and lower class people invested all their savings in his issue of shares. He takes their money ..does a fraud for lakhs / crores and then manipulates books to show bankruptcy. However, he is a great follower of lord Krishna and iscon and spent lakhs in the name of god. However, he thinks both his stands are correct because these 2 are different things – one is spiritual and other is mere business strategy.
Then there is another person who earns his basic living and gives a small percentage of his salary in the name of god. He spends it in building temples, for basic needs of poor people. He does not actively participate in Iscon or any other institution. Does not do lot of pooja and lives normal life.

Whom do you think is a better person – one who swindles crores, donates lakhs..or the one who earns thousands and donates a part of it. Whose karmas would be better?
In this case it is not only the way the money is spent is important, but it is also important to know through which means it was earned. If bali would have been spiritual, then he would have treated sugreev’s wife as a mother. Even Chanakya mentioned the 5 types of ladies who should be treated as mothers – your mother who gave you birth, the one who raised you, wife’s mother, Brother / friend’s wife, guru’s wife.

Also, what has been written in books / epics is not complete end to end of how everything was during that time. The only way you can see the true picture is through your own divine eye.

“In my view the simple answer is, a great saint never advertises himself, not now and not in the past. But earlier people used to be less busy in their material pursuits and ended up spending some time in hanging around such people and actually validate whether the person is a saint.”

I echo your thoughts on this one. A true saint will only do things which the lord himself will ask the saint to do. Regarding how to identify whether a person is a true saint or not, I will share my approach on this. When you want to see whether the person is a true saint or a materialistic person, check the way he collects donation and the way the donations are spent. Is the money spent on his own development or is spent on welfare of society? Whether donations are collected by encouraging people to donate or even by grabbing a piece of land owned by government? A true saint will have a totally non materialistic approach to things. He will live a very down-to-earth life.

However, I would differ on the thoughts that the true saints are no more there like they were in the past. I am sure that they still exist in today’s date. The only difference is that they are maintaining a low profile and that too as directed by the master. One of the biggest boon to all of us is that all of us are born in India. I think that I am truly blessed to be an Indian, the land where spirituality evolved, where majority of the religions were born. Lord has taken birth in form of Rama Krishna on this soil. As life takes a full circle, I think it is matter of time when lord will direct the true saints to appear.

Regards
Last edited by sachinwadhwa on 17 Aug 2009, edited 1 time in total.

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 17 Aug 2009

Respected Anupamji,

“Ramakrishna got married but did not have normal relations with his wife since he accepted her as mother at the wedding night.”

I haven’t understood this one as this is a pattern different from the Ram and Krishna. If the intent was to accept as a mother, what was the need to marry?

Also, they would not have any children, which is again a different pattern.

Regards

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 19 Aug 2009

Anupamji, Rajithaji,Sachinji and Maheshji

I think the discussions have moved away from my original question "Does the situation in Mahabharath deserve divine intervention and secondly was it a case of divine intervention at all?"

All the discussions we have had clearly indicate that there were in Ramayan too questions of philosophy as deep as were those discussed and answered in Mahabharath. I do agree that our measurement of spirituality of the characters involved may vary widely. But the fact remains that they are as deep as they can come. In fact it is common place for scholars to quote a verse from Mahabharath to validate some action in Ramayan.

So what do we have now? No super human deeds are done in Mahabharath (ecluding rest of Sri Krishna's life) to indicate it is divine intervention nor the extent of disorder is big enough or serious enough.

I will still like to our forth my views are questions raised on earlier posts.

Rajithaji
-----------
[quote]Ravana is the best example. He was the biggest devotee of Shiva and he had the power to lift Mount Kailas with his hands, he had all the planets on his steps of his throne. [/quote]

When he did his pennce he was on the path of Arohan. After getting his boon he started his avarohan. Any person (includes a human, God's incarnation and A Rakshasa can not be completely spiritual or non-spiritual.

From the perspective of my original question even if he was not spiritual will Vibheeshana not have the same kind of dilemma in warring with him as Arjuna had? I will say yes.

[quote]So, I think this is what Anupamji was trying to convey. The intention is the most important in any karma.[/quote]

Human mind is ingenious to assume intentions in other's actions that are suited to the opinions that we are already sold to. For e.g, Sri Krishna apparently stopped narrating the technique of successfully breaking a Chakra Vyuha as soon as "HE REALIZED" that the foetus in Subhadra's uterus was listening to it.

What was his intetnion instopping it and was it a righteous intention? Our responses will be diverse If I am an ardent devotee of Sri Krishna and his infallibility, I will "read" many good intentions in this action.

Bottomline is, faith subverts logic and prevents you understanding the hidden message in this episode. And as Anupamji has rightly pointed out logic also peverts faith. We are caught between the devil and deep sea !

Sachinji
--------

[quote]The basic difference between animal and human being is the ability to decide what is right and what is wrong. When they have it, they cannot be treated as animals only. When Bali knows that there is shiva and he is praying to him, then he is not just an animal.[/quote]

Even animals make a choice between right and wrong. But the rules are not the same. Worshipping God is by no means the excluive provelege of human beings. Our epics have umpteen number of stories on animals (snakes, Cows...) worshipping Gods.

I think in the discussions we have mixed up the stories and subequent interpretations by later generation humans. In the "original" story Vaali is supposed to have demanded an explanation from Ram for his inapropriate action. Ram is said to have agreed that his action was not above board and hence gave him a boon. Is this not a soul stirring episode that deserves unravelling of Geetha like philosophy from the Divine incarnation himself?

While many points have been raised on Vaali's bad deeds, the story does not say anything about any good deed that Sugreev had done. Other than his own words there is nothing (in the story) to suggest that Vaalis' accusation of trying to impound him in the cave with an intent to usurp the throne is wrong. Also how did he treat Vaalis wife when he was the king? If he had already admitted that he was incapable of fighting the Rakshahas (which is aprently the reason why he shut off the cave with big boulder) what right did he have to ascend the throne? Why did he not choose someone more powerful like Hanuman to be the king?

As I said earlier, if we stray from the stories in the epic into our own interpretations, our prejudices will easily hijack our logic. As per the story, Ram and Sugreev took oaths to be friends and to help each other. Both kept their words. As is natural between friends, Ram trusted the story given by Sugreev but felt sorry when he heard what Vaali had to say in his final moments.

[quote]I would differ on the thoughts that the true saints are no more there like they were in the past.[/quote]

I agree. I only said that they dont advertise even today. But this does not help us poor souls. Those who advertise are not real saints and the saints who dont cant be found. :D

Anupamji
---------

[quote]Every Raksasha surely had been very humble when he was worshipping Shiva for getting divine powers. However, in all actuality what was the intention working behind his so called 'Humility'.[/quote]

When he was worshipping he was really spiritual. I am sure Shiva cant be deceived by pretentions. He gave up the path of spirituality after getting the boon. When we assess a person we will have to take everything and not a snapshot of his personality at some point in his life. If we do this, we will be tempted to select a snapshot that is most appropriate to justify our views.
As you have yourself said earlier, we have a stereotype of what a Rakshasa is in our mind.

[quote]In one book it is written that Vanars were mere animals,.....[/quote]

I think you missed my point. I was just pointing out that what is adharma for humans need not be adharma for non-humans. Does not matter whether it is a Vaanara or a Yaksha or a Deva or a monkey. I have already pointed out the fallacy of this approach. Our prejudices will make us apply rules of Kshatriyas for Vaali's treatment of Sugreev's wife and non-kshatriya rules for assessing Ram's action of clandestinely killing Vaali.

Whatever be the yardstick of measuring righteousness, Vaali's scores over Sugreev. After all the Sugreev as he himself admits was unable to perform the most important role of a ruler, protecting his subjects from enemies.

I will also humbly add that while I am reading so many stories and versions, the questions that I have raised are based on my attempt to validate all of them.

[quote]Sugreev ran away due to fear. He was not as brave and powerful as Bali. His intention was not wrong. [/quote]

This is all the more reason why he did not deserve to be a king. That his intetnion was not wrong is his own claim. Vaali's claim was different. The epics dont talk of any validation that Sri Ram did to verify this. You will notice that the approach taken in Mahabharath was entirely different. Sri Krishna himself went as an ambassodor of peace to Kauravas. Obviously the principle of natural justice (hearing both sides) seems to have been violated by Sri Ram before he promised support to Sugreev.

Maheshji
---------

[quote]Just doing tapasya for hundreds of years and getting boons does not mean some one is a bhakta. Their bhakti has a purpose of selfish desires. [/quote]

Who do you think is a little more spiritual - One who has selfish desires and does not spend any time in pooja or tapasya (Sugreev) or someone who is also selfish but spends some time in pooja (Vaali). I will go for the latter since atleast for the duration of pooja the world stands protected from his selfishness :D

[quote]But one thing you notice. Why most of these cruel people are bhaktas of Shiva only. Why not of Vishnu? [/quote]

Just in a lighter vein, may be astrology can help us answer. Vishnu Bhakatas very often have a well placed Mercury which makes them diplomatic. They may just be sounding more satvik than they actually are :D

[quote]So, just like Bali followed dharma his sects, Sri Rama, as a king fulfilled his dharma. [/quote]

But the reason for his killing was not because he was troubling Ayodhya's subjects, but because he usurped his bother's wife. You will realise that we tend to apply an yardstick that is convenient!

CRS

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 19 Aug 2009

Dear lovacrs

“Those who advertise are not real saints and the saints who dont cant be found. ”

A person needs to be blessed to find a guru / saints. The saints do exist very much in India. I know people who are divine. However, you can approach them only if they want, and not when you want.

If you ask me, I am sure that you are blessed. You need to wait for the right time to realize that you are blessed. Till that time I will happily continue our normal discussions on physical plane.

“Is this not a soul stirring episode that deserves unravelling of Geetha like philosophy from the Divine incarnation himself?”

I believe if it would have been of that stature which required a philosophy like Geeta, then his majesty (master) would have given it.

Regards

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 20 Aug 2009

Thanks Sachinji, Anupamji and Maheshji.

Anupamji
---------

It appears that my posts have offended you, which was not my intent.

I am a theist and certainly have respect for Sri Krishna and Sri Rama as they are portrayed in the epics.

But I dont believe that the incarnations were flawless. If Lord Vishnu were to come to earth in his original flawless form earth would not sustain that and the very need for an incarnation ceases to exist. As the story goes, Ravana had to be killed by a human because of the boon. A human form even of a divine incarnation can not be flawless. It is subject to the rules of Mrityuloka with the attendant karma phal. I dont see any reason to invent reasons to justify these actions through our interpretations that are not apparent from the epics themselves. I also dont think the flaws make them less godly either.

While doing tapasya and pooja may not be the core attributes of a spiritual person, it would be unreasonable to say that these actions have no place at all in spirituality. If it was so useless why, as you rightly pointed out, so many saints would recommend these.

As for your question on why Shiva granted the boon to Ravana, following possibilities appear to me form a logical perspective:

1. He could not discern the true intention which need not be interpreted as his inability to discern. Atleast for us human beings all events that our sensory organs are exposed are not necessarily perceived. We end up calling this absent mindedness.
2. He did discern and advised Ravan to use it judiciously and expected him to abide and failed to discern whether he would actually comply or not.
3. He did discern that Ravan would use it maliciously but could not help since that was the phal that a tapasvi could not be denied. This will indirectly mean that even God's freewill is limited.

And finally, as long as we have a desire in us we are selfish even if the desire is for salvation or helping others. There is nothing like a good desire. A desire may look good or bad for people who are affected by the desire. In Geetha Sri Krishna has commanded us to act without desires without distinguishing the good from the bad.

To give an example, If I have a desire to pick up Rs.100 without authority from your pocket and give it as alms to a needy person it will probably a bad desire from your perspective and a good one from the other's.

In Ravan's case he was using the boon to further the interests of the Rakshasa clan to the detriment of others.

As regards faith and logic - We cant be 100% of either. All of try to have a "healthy" mix of the two and the composition of the mix may not be the same for two individuals.

CRS

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 20 Aug 2009

Thanks Anupamji.

CRS

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 21 Aug 2009

Dear Rajithaji:

No...From the time when Four Vedas came out from the mouth of Brahma, as it is said, "Aham Brahmamasi" is there. Even before it is there bcoz It is Lord Mahavishnu who churned out brahma from his stomach part. But, Brahma after coming out of Mahavishnu's stomach asks Lord Mahavishnu who are you? with ignorance, but since Mahavishnu did not reply anything, he starts searching for the beginning and end of Mahavishnu and hence Brahma starts searching all over patal and swarga loka and virtually in every place...but brahma cannot find a beginning nor an End existence of mahavishnu.

Vishnu Sahrasanama says "Atma Yonih Swayam Jato Vaigayanah Samagayanah" means I am the one who came from the Yoni called "Atma" We are all part of that "Atma" Called Parabrahma, but since the Maya Power is so much, that recognizing it is pretty tough. When we get joined back to that Parabrahma, we will be in eternal bliss.

Regards,

Narayan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 21 Aug 2009

Dear Anupam ji:

My D.O.B. is 22.1.1979....Time of birth 9:20 a.m. Place of birth Palghat, State Kerala.

I have been trying very hard to realize myself, but I have not been able to see myself for some years now. Please kindly tell me after looking my horo. when I will be able to reach that state, I mean at what time?

I am also very tired after doing pujas etc...for long long time, as it is not helping me to get that eternal bliss at all...it is taking me nowhere.

So, please kindly tell me the time, when I will be able to reach that state? To me, I do need nothing else, virtually nothing else other than eternal bliss.

Expecting your kind reply,

Narayan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 22 Aug 2009

Dear Anupamji:

Thanks a lot for your good heart and for your kind help. You have given me an answer what I was looking for....So, thanks a lot.

One more thing, I have never ever seen a person like you in my life time...especially an astrological person being so profound on himself and looking and doing things after remaining on yourselves. Indeed you are a great soul!

Thanks, thanks, and thanks.

Narayan

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 22 Aug 2009

Respected Anupam ji,

“However, logically Rama appears to be the incarnation of Rudra, the guru of Ravana.”

Interesting statement! Lord Shiva did come down to bhuloka as Hanuman to support the divine mission of protecting people from atrocities which Ravana may be doing in 3 lokas. Alternatively, we can also say that guru had come down as Hanuman to support the teaching of additional knowledge by vishnu to his pupil, which I think Ravana eventually did on his death bed. So he learnt it by paying for his life.

Also, when we say Vishnu = Shiva = Brahma and they are part of Ananta Parmatma, what difference will it make on whether Shiva comes or Vishnu comes. After all they are the same. Also, when a boon is given by god himself in one form (Shiva), the other form (Vishnu) will not overwrite it. However, when the good deeds are exhausted and the divine protection is gone, then parmatma (whose job is to balance good and bad) will do the balance. Example, Lord Krishna waited for shishupal to complete his 100 mistakes and once the boon was over, Krishna killed Shishu pal.
To ensure that this bhuloka continues to exist, Vishnu is responsible in a way to balance out the good and the bad. So Vishnu came down to bholka to fulfill his responsibility.

We say Vishnu is Dashavtaar. Can you please provide any insight on the 10th avatar of Vishnu? I knew till 8th in form of lord Krishna and learnt from you about the 9th avatar as Ramakrishna Paramhansa.

Regards

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 22 Aug 2009

Dear Rajithaji,

[quote]There are many miracles that happened in Mahabharat.
Draupadi getting the saree when she was disrobed is by Lord Krishna.

The birth of Pandavas through the grace of different Gods is a miracle.

Krishna holding the mountain with his little finger as a child is a miracle. [/quote]

Sri Krishna coming to the rescue of Draupadi the way it is described is certainly super human. But my fundamental question is right at that time there would have been hundreds and thousands of Draupadi's being disrobed by bad men around the World. Protecting the honour of a woman can very well have been done by any of God's agent. For e.g, if HE had commanded, could Bheeshma not have prevented this?

While all other epics sound like management (by GOD) by exception, only Mahabharath sounds like direct management.

Sri Krishna had no role to play in birth of Pandavaas. As for Goverdhan parvat, I certainly agree. My questions were limited to the Mahabharath part.

CRS

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 23 Aug 2009

Respected Anupam ji,

“Now things are seeming to be believable for me again which I accepted with some reluctance on my part till date.”

I think you edited your previous post to include this sentence. We would love to know what makes you shed your reluctance and start believing again.

“He must surpass all the incarnations of all the previous yugas because the demand of the energy would be very high. We can refer him only god instead of Avatar.”

I think I haven’t understood the meaning of “what kind of God appears at the end of kalpa when he has to wind up all the human karmas of all the previous yugas”. According to our discussions, Ananta parmeshwar is divine energy. Every avatar (or incarnation) comes down to bhuloka with amount of energy required to strike a balance. If this is end of 4 yugas, then the amount of energy required may be multiple folds than any other avatar in the past. End of the day it would still be part of Ananta parmatma like any other previous ones. What quantum of energy will decide whether we call the divine energy as god or an incarnation?

“When I say go inside it does not mean to go and start searching god as if we are locating some missing thing lying hidden. In all reality I mean to say understand yourself what you are and how this present personality came into being. Like someone can be doctor, the other can be engineer, scientist etc. etc. “
“Locate the reason of everything by taking into consideration the laws of these creation.”

On physical plane, when we try to do it we are unable to reach to the correct conclusion. It is only through divine guidance we can reach to the right conclusion.
For example, say a person is facing a challenge in achieving something. On physical plane, we may think that this is due bad karmas of previous birth or current birth. However, on spiritual plane, we may have a different conclusion based on seeing the past karmic births and pattern. Once we come out of the illusion created by maya only then we can reach to the correct conclusion.
We can understand the law of creation through meditation and belief in god. Please correct me if I haven't understood it correctly.

Regards

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 24 Aug 2009

Respected Anupam ji,

Who are Brahma Rakshas? How many of them? 1 Brahma raksha = 18 crore gods. Are Rakshas manifested in Human form? When God is coming in human form then I guess the raksha would also be in human form.

“He has taken a new decision. But when he took it? 5 years back?????”

I don’t think so. It would have been an observation for entire kalpa. However, towards the end if god does not fix it, the world would become unmanageable mess. So he wants to fix it to start afresh. The coming Kalpas would be better than this one.

Regards

sachinwadhwa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sachinwadhwa » 25 Aug 2009

Respected Anupam ji,

“That was what he wanted to convey as his gravest blunder. But god did blunder that was the thing which put me at my wits end but as the theory goes form cannot be without deficiency in one way or the other.”

1. Soul has a free will to do what it wants, based on the thoughts / desires originating from them.
2. A Brahma raksha in kali yuga would obviously have negative thoughts creating problems for all other souls, making others life worst.
3. Parmatma’s has the supreme authority on any other thought, as souls / Brahma raksha have originated from his very thought.

Based on the above points, I would like to say that, in Kali yuga, the dharma is at its lowest level which means Adharma at its highest level. It's impact on the free will of the souls is that the souls also get a tendency for materialistic desires at any cost. If an ordinary soul can get such a negative tendency, imagine what can a Brahma raksha do. To me Brahma Raksha is a store house of negative energy.

Positive side of Brahma raksha thought is that though Ravana was a Brahma raksha, he eventually reached to a much better spiritual level through gradual progression. Also, one more positive side is that Braham Rakshasas are also worshipped like Kal Bhairava. So Brahma raksha has both positive and negative sides. Therefore, the Brahma raksha concept was not a blunder at inception of thought. The thought could have been to balance both positive and negative energy and have souls travel / experience both energies.

In my personal opinion (physical plane), god could have avoided it "Na Bhuto Na Bhavishayati", provided he would have shown his desire to fix the imbalance when the indicator started tilting on a negative side, as compared to today’s state where eventually things have become worst.

Like parents allow their children to roam freely in the house and do what they want to do, similarly god would have allowed souls / Rakshasas to do things based on their free will. Now, like children do the mess at home, similarly souls / Rakshasas have created a mess in this world. Once the parents(God) sees it, they do the cleaning and scold / punish the children (souls / Rakshasas). That’s all. So I won’t term it as a blunder and think more like wait and watch situation for God before he takes a decision to manifest. If he would have taken a decision earlier, then he would have send an avatar.

Eventually, it is his will and like always I bow my head in front of the omnipresent master.

Regards

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 26 Aug 2009

Dear Anupamji:

"He will do everything whatever you have written. That is only I can say very precisely. He has given me some evidences as well that he can do them all but of course on subtle level just to make me confirm."

Were you talking about Sathya Sai Baba in Puttaparthi?

Om Sai Ram

Narayanan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 27 Aug 2009

Dear Anupamji:

It sounds very strange to me. In fact, very very strange to me. Can't understand the "yet" to appear God?? Bhagavata says about Kalki only, but that will happen at the end of Kalpa only is what Bhagavata says. I mean Kaliyuga is to be of 4,35,000 human years of which only near to 5000 years is over. Still, an amazing whopping years are present ahead. We are only in the first pada of Kali yuga.

So, you are saying that God will be coming down to earth, that also in India? If so, when is your intution saying it will happen? It is going to happen in 2012? Anupamji, are you pinpointing "Baba" as a Guru only? Does he not serve this mankind universally? So if Baba is not God, do you think that just human persons can just talk and be practical about pure love? Nobody can do things which Baba does and Baba is expecting nothing in favor. He has helped human kind a lot which the others Gurus have not done.

Om Sai Ram

Regards

Narayanan

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 28 Aug 2009

Maheshji:

"But, at the right moment, suddenly He may get inspired (some thing like enter or awaken) in some one of His choice and also takes some followers".

Please kindly understand "He never takes any followers nor he is interested in anyone following him." But he is here only for the poor souls like all of us who are trapped in the world of Samsara dont knowing where to swim. It can be called "It is actually we follow him, rather than he following you." He always gives right steps towards right direction to reach the ultimate goal of human life, that's all. Moreover, he takes a form just to restructure rightness and dharma.

When you are ardently calling upon him with true bhakti and devotion, he is answering through your prayers and he confirms your belief and stands by you, that's all. "It does not mean he takes followers."

This is what even Lord Krishna does when he is about to start back his journey to Vaikunta after leaving his mortal body once his purpose is over here in this earth. Then, Uddhava, an ardent and a great great devotee of Lord Krishna, starts crying that he cannot live with him and he cannot go alone to Vaikunta. It is then the Lord himself adores his true bhakti towards him and consoles him and also gives the "Tatvopadesha" in Bhagvatham of 11th Adhyayam. The world, its nature, and so on....

Om Sai Ram

Regards,

Narayanan

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

God is neither He nor She

Post by Caliber » 02 Oct 2009

Dear All learned members,

I love what Anupamji says.

In my humble opinion, God will not be born as a human. God is neither he nor she. I do believe God took Human avatar's earlier. Now in this era of Technology, God does not have time to start life from child hood.

When I see a ocean wave, I do see God in it. For me a TSunami is God.

If you see the pattern in the past year or so, lot of bad is happenning. It could be ELNino effects. No rains in Iraq, floods in Vietnam, a village submerged in Taiwan due to Typhoon. Several earth quakes in Indonesia. Drought in India, Floods in Andhra. Millions of forest acreage burnt in California.

I do not know if what Mayan preached about Dec 21, 2012 will happen or not, but several changes are taking place now. I do not believe World will end on Dec 21, 2012.

God bless you all.. Srini

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Re:

Post by moksha line » 02 Jun 2013

anupam1968 wrote:It is easy to say that our karma decides the placement of the planets in our horoscope but who is deciding the karma?? At this point we again stuck in the vicious circle. As we know karma emanates from gunas and these gunas are being affected continuously by planets to prod us to do a specific karma only to retribute us further on. It is all so enigmatic and seem to be a quite confused hypothecation.

Okay somebody may say that our first karma made all the hell broke loose but the question remains who decided the first karma of mine naturally planets because I have had under their influence all the time as soon as I came upon this earth. This is complete predestination without any space for my will at all. At this stage it is a harsh truth that karma or destiny nothing is in my hands. The wheel goes on on its own. That was why our sages were able to forsee the future for coming thousands of years.

So, till the time we do not try to go beyond the planets we end up to nothing. So, rather discussing why planets are here in a specific position it will be more prudent to think about our very innate nature which is different individual to individual. Once we understand this innate nature then only we can understand the mystery of karma and destiny and these planets. Before that everything is fixed like an immoveable rock. So, in nutshell planets are deciding karmas and karmas are again deciding the position of planets in every horoscope. This is vicious circle nothing else.

This is so true!

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Re:

Post by moksha line » 03 Jun 2013

Basab wrote:
rajitha wrote:My SIL and my wife are a big enigma to me. It is very obvious that God meant something bad to my wife. Both of them born in the same house - one very beautiful, fortunate, wealthy, lucky, etc. She has Jupiter in her 2nd house(Sagittarius) and is running Jupiter dasha !!!!!
As expected, she is minting money. Whatever she touches becomes gold.

But, she is always scheming and trying to bring down my wife in every possible way, etc. Even her parents favour her more compared to my wife.

My wife is exactly opposite. She has to fight and struggle for every simple thing but she is very kind and innocent and never even dreams of anything wrong to anyone. She has KSD in her horoscope.

So, assuming my SIL had good karma from last life and my wife had bad karma, it is tough to believe this since I presume that the basic character of a person carries over from one life to another.

Another example is my mother who struggled all her life for everything and believe me and I am not biased, she has not done anything wrong but helped everyone in her life.

And, where does the present karma take over?

Kindly clear my confusion on this.
Rajitha,

I think I have an answer to your confusion. Just by seeing the character traits of your wife and your SIL it can be said who is a more advanced soul, i.e., who has more good karmas to her credit. Someone with a good nature, like your wife's, must be a more advanced soul than someone with a nature like your SIL's. Now, the point is, why is your wife suffering more than your SIL? Well, the reason is, your wife has chosen to suffer more in this life so as to wipe out her negative karmas faster, i.e., suffer more than is due to her, as her goal is attaining moksha. Your SIL on the other hand being a less advanced soul has no hurry in wiping out more bad karmas than what is due to her in this life as her goal is enjoying the luxuries that her good karmas of her previous life has to offer and not attaining moksha. It's not my own theory, but something I have read in a book that sometimes advanced souls bring more suffering on themselves than it's due, just to speed up their cycle of birth and rebirth, in order to get moksha early. The same applies to your mother's case: she is more interested in speeding up the cycle of her birth and rebirth and attaining moksha than enjoying this present life.
So, suffering more also means clearing more of one's negative karmas? Can you explain more on this?

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Re:

anupam1968 wrote:Rajita Ji,

I used to be highly violent and arrogant in my previous births but today I am not but of course deep inside some traces are still there. I used to be highly expressive and vocal but today I am just opposite so character changes birth by birth according to circumstances and experiences but basics never change they just change their external manifestation. Like a butcher of past births becomes surgeon when he evolutes. Today I am highly sensitive about self respect and do not endure a single derogatary remarks towards me but I have also learned to respect everybody also no matter what is his age. So, basics are there but they have refined. My root of violence inspired me today to stand for a weak that is what I have done so many times.

In nutshell, if I used to be very ruthless in my past births I change when I confront the same cruelity towards me. This change stops me to do bad karma again and then the retribution of past gone ages started coming to me in fragments because they are already ripe and want to be exhausted to clear them off completely for giving me a fresh start again to move on in more advanced direction.

I gave the example of Vimalananda here how he was being tortured mentally by his foster daughter terribly but he adopted the measure of non reaction because according to him every karma follows you for seven births. Since seven births he was murdering this lady and now in this birth the same pattern was repeating to force him to murder her again. He knew that it was his seventh birth relates with this karmic pattern and he has to break it anyhow unless he has to die at her hands for coming 7 births again. Someone has to break this pattern unless wheel goes on moving unabatedly. So, a murderer has become Aghori in this birth and was dealing with wine,non-vegetarian food and woman to get realisation. So, you see basic never changes. His all characteristics took him on the path of tantra when he evoluted.

So, today if I am being spiritual it does not mean that I was a sadhu or very good man in all of my past births. I could be womaniser or mere drunkard but when the time goes by I may refine this pattern and will come on tantra path. Then all of my remaining karmas will start exhausting themselves as they used to be in the past but in the past I exhausted them and recollect them again due to my ignorance. Today I am just clearing them off instead of collecting them again. That is the big difference.

If you want to read some good books to understand what really spirituality is I may suggest you two books. Conversations with God by Neale part 1 and second one is Aghora which is nothing but the autobiography of an Aghori with a pseudo name Vimalananda. It is written by an American, Robert svoboda, who was just like a disciple of this man. Robert svoboda is a very well known personality in USA.
I am getting the books to read :-)

moksha line
Contributor
Contributor

Re:

anupam1968 wrote:Mahesh Ji,

I cant tell you the when this yuga will end. I am just joining all the threads what that relative of mine got in his readings and what I got 4 years back. Both are echoing same things. So, there must be some meaning attached to it. I got the information in 2007 that soon the world start going to change after 5 years now Rajita ji told me during that time that 2012 is a world wide phenomena. Frankly speaking I did not know anything about this 2012 phenomena in 2007 it was only after Rajita ji told me that I searched it on the net and found startling informations. So, there was nothing in my sub conscious region when I got the information about 2012. It also confirms that there is something ahead which we don't know.

As far as future is concerned if you can understand the past why not future births can be foretold. But who will confirm that just like past births cannot be confirmed. As I told many a time here that I predicted future just by seeing the past so future births also can be predicted. But the future of this birth can be validated but not the future births because we have nothing to demonstrate. If I tell someone by seeing his karmas that he has no next birth how I can prove that. It will be a futile exercise. So, it is better to experiement with the future of this present birth and be sure that in the same way future births can also be predicted.
My question is this - Can we tell whether this is the last birth of a person by looking at a person's horoscope?

krishnapb

Re: The link between karma and the planets

Post by krishnapb » 26 Aug 2013

@moksha line; book: "Past Life Astrology: use your Birthchart to understand your Karma" by JUDY HALL " throughs life on this

If you want to know abt Vimalanada u can read Law of Karma by Robert Svoboda

krishnapb

Re: The link between karma and the planets

Post by krishnapb » 26 Aug 2013

@moksha line; book: "Past Life Astrology: use your Birthchart to understand your Karma" by JUDY HALL " throughs life on this

If you want to know abt Vimalanada u can read Law of Karma by Robert Svoboda