A bad omen?

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
A bad omen?

Post by basab14 » 31 Mar 2013

I was doing astrology with a lot of interest in the period 2006-2009, but after that, I lost interest in it. After that whenever I have started taking interest in learning astrology, something has gone wrong immediately, and I have stopped reading on it. Yesterday, I suddenly felt a strong desire to start learning astrology again, and I took out one of my astrology books and started reading it with a lot of interest. I was enjoying it so much that I even thought of ordering a new astrology book, and today first thing in the morning I checked an online site and sent a mail asking about the mode of payment for a book I was interested in, and again something negative happened: I had an argument with one of my friends, who I have never thought I can have a problem with, and she said she will never talk to me again. I felt terribly hurt by that, and I thought that I won’t do astrology anymore. I just want to know what the readers of my post think about it. Does it mean that I shouldn’t try to learn astrology anymore, or is it just a coincidence that keeps repeating always?
Last edited by basab14 on 01 Apr 2013, edited 2 times in total.

"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: A bad omen?

Post by anuradha » 01 Apr 2013

A bad omen?
by Yellow » 010413

I was doing astrology with a lot of interest in the period 2006-2009, but then, I lost interest in it. After that whenever I have started taking interest in learning astrology, something has gone wrong immediately, and I have stopped reading on it. Yesterday, I suddenly felt a strong desire to start learning astrology again, and I took out one of my astrology books and started reading it with a lot of interest. I was enjoying it so much that I even thought of ordering a new astrology book, and today first thing in the morning I checked an online site and sent a mail asking about the mode of payment for a book I was interested in, and again something negative happened: I had an argument with one of my friends, who I have never thought I can have a problem with, and she said she will never talk to me again. I felt terribly hurt by that, and I thought that I won’t do astrology anymore. I just want to know what the readers of my post think about it. Does it mean that I shouldn’t try to learn astrology anymore, or is it just a coincidence that keeps repeating always?
You are under Venus-Mer-Venus-Moon-Jupiter[31-03-2013,22-26], Jupiter is the 6L with 4L[Saturn] in 11H. Jupiter is again in the 4H with 6L Venus of D-9. In transit Jupiter is in Taurus[8H] aspecting the 4H.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 01 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes, it can be what you have said. I will try to learn once more, but if I see more hurdles on the way, I will think over once more on what to do.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Anuradha ji,

Thank you for sharing the astrological reason for it. From what I could understand, I am not sure if I am right or not, the 4th house connection is giving the interest in learning, and the 6th house (8th house also) connection is the obstruction that is showing up in regard to that. Jupiter is the planet of astrology, so it's period may also is the reason I am getting the interest in the subject now.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 01 Apr 2013

by Yellow » 010413

Anuradha ji,

Thank you for sharing the astrological reason for it. From what I could understand, I am not sure if I am right or not, the 4th house connection is giving the interest in learning, and the 6th house (8th house also) connection is the obstruction that is showing up in regard to that. Jupiter is the planet of astrology, so it's period may also is the reason I am getting the interest in the subject now.
"Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know." — Pema Chodron
Friend- Signification of 4H and 11H.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh, okay, yes, that is true, Anuradha ji. I agree with you. In fact I will tell you this that I have observed this that I am very unlucky when it comes to having friends. My 6th lord in the 11th house with 4th lord could be the reason for it as you have said.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mylilangel,

You are right with your analysis. My Venus period indeed got me interested in occult, but the Mercury period is giving me struggles. In fact, I am not being able to focus on spiritual books ever since the period has started. Someone yesterday told me that with Rahu on my head (ascendant) now in transit, I am feeling disturbed, but then, I feel transits can't override the planetary period effect totally, so the period itself must be damaging.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 02 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

You are right, Mercury being the 9th lord placed in the 9th house with the 11th lord Sun should do me good, but nothing has happened so far. 2 more years of the period are left, so let's see how it goes. Maybe it will be better later on as you have said. You have mentioned that my Mercury is the lord of dharma and moksha--do you mean, I will become a saint in this period?

You are right, maybe, that it has nothing to do with astrology, my friendship with someone getting over suddenly, but the thing is, it's not the first time that I have taken interest in astrology and something negative has happened immediately after that. It's happened quite a few times before this, which has made me wonder about it. But what you said makes sense, too. It can be due to something negative in my chart showing up its effect.

Yes, I agree with you that it's easy to blame the transits for something negative when the culprit is a bad planetary period.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 02 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

I have got your point now about Mercury. Let's see how it shows up its effect in the next 2 years of it that is remaining. About Mars in the 12th house, well, it has taken away all the positive significations of Mars, as far as I am seeing, in my life.

Yeah, it's possible Mercury is distracting me from astrology/spirituality, but coming to winning over destiny, it's never an easy challenge; at least definitely not for me. I personally don't believe in free will, even though I look at life in a very logical way.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 03 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

You have not been rude at all. You were just sharing your thoughts. I understand what you are saying, but I think I am not being able to explain to you what I mean. Let me try again to explain:

You are saying that my Mercury period indicates that I will face obstacles in my learning of astrology. So what are the two things that it indicates: facing obstacles and learning astrology. The first thing is happening, which is facing obstacles. Has destiny asked me whether I would like to face obstacles or not? Is there any free will there that I should get to decide whether I will face obstacles or not? If it’s not so, then how is it like this that for the second thing indicated by the period, i.e. my learning astrology, should happen, only if I decide to do it, and otherwise not? Why do we always give the name of destiny to all the struggles that come our way, and the name of free will to the efforts we put in doing things in spite of those struggles? If the struggles come our way as per destiny’s wish, the efforts we put should also be as per destiny’s wish and not as per our wish.

If I don’t study astrology, giving the excuse of destiny, it simply means that that is how it is destined that I won’t learn astrology giving a lame excuse like that because if it was destined, I would study astrology, even though there would be struggles—my mind would force me to learn it, even though there were struggles.

My friend has stopped talking to me—that was my destiny. Now have I given the excuse of destiny and have stopped thinking of her? No, I am thinking of her all the time. Why is it so?—because I will forget her when I am destined to, not before that. I wish I could give the excuse of destiny and forget her in one moment, like I am doing in case of astrology, giving it up as I am facing struggles. Why can’t I do that? Why is it like this that I write stories on my blog when I am a very average writer, with not much writing skills, and have to edit my stories 15 times to make it look okay, why is it that I started learning astrology in the first place when before that 15 astrologers had failed to give correct predictions to me, and I had grown a terrible hatred for astrology, why is it that I started reading spiritual books when there was a time I used to dislike spirituality like anything and didn’t want anything to do with it, why is it like this that I got into share trading when I had promised myself I would never get into it? Why couldn’t I use my free will in those times, even though I had never wanted to do any of those things? Where was my free will then? Why did destiny drag me into things that I had promised to have nothing to do with? I believe in thinking logically, and here I am writing defending astrology, which always defies logic—how is that? Where has my free will gone now?

We humans are so conceited that we always want to take credit for our achievements and blame destiny for our failures. If anything goes wrong, it is our destiny, and if we achieve anything, it is our hard work, our free will. How many times do we thank destiny when we find success in our lives? Do we even once? We take credit for it ourselves, but every time we face struggles, we blame destiny with all our heart.

I will conclude by saying this: if something is destined, that will definitely happen whether we like it or not, and that applies both for positive things and negative things. If I am supposed to learn astrology, destiny will force me to learn it, even if the whole world crashes on my head—it will not give me the option to give some lame excuse and not learn it. That is what I believe in. I don't believe we humans have the power to say no to something, which destiny wants us to do.

P.S. If you would like to believe there is some free will we all have, you are welcome to believe that. I am not trying to change your belief at all. I just shared what I myself believe in, like you shared your belief.
Last edited by basab14 on 04 Apr 2013, edited 2 times in total.

sathya prakash

Post by sathya prakash » 05 Apr 2013

Hi yellow ji,
even i was caught in this dilemma..
few of my experiences..
i have always felt, why am i too rigid or timid or serious always ? why cant i socialize well or be cool..
but i always know the answer...
from my life experiences, i have chosen the best possible way to live.. is what i am living..
i will change my way of life only if i am convinced of it.. till then its the same..

i will believe in my belief and continue to prove it its the best way for me.
but i will change if i know a better way..

yellow ji, i guess you are looking for better path..
you have to go for a distance till you are convinced that its definitely the right or wrong path to make a change.

regards,
sathya.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 06 Apr 2013

Sathya,

What you have said is very true. We all have our own beliefs, and they are formed by what we experience in our lives. I was not a believer of destiny at all when I was in my teens. I was more a believer of free will then. I started believing in destiny later on... from my mid twenties. In my late twenties I took interest in spirituality and my belief in God's grace, which was earlier also there, became more strong then. Maybe in the coming years I will add something more to my current beliefs or will stop believing in what I believe in now and believe in something completely different.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 07 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

Of course, one should not give up easily even when destiny is not in their favour. I completely agree with you on that. But sometimes after repeated failures one gets tired and accepts their destiny. I think sometimes it’s better to accept one’s destiny and move on than keep trying to get what is not destined for the person. That doesn’t mean I am saying that one should give up after trying only once. One should try a few times, and if things don’t go one’s way, he should accept it as not destined for him. This is what I feel about it.

About the astrologers who predicted correctly for you, you can consult them now and ask what’s going to happen next in your life. I can understand your believing more in free will at that time and so not taking the predictions of the astrologers seriously at that time. I was also like that in my teens and early twenties. It was later on after I reached my mid-twenties that the concept of destiny got into my head and has remained, though even now I always look at life logically and feel that everything happens logically, even though I say that destiny can make anything happen. .

It’s a very good point you have made that maybe you are not destined to know what’s there for you in the future. When all astrologers gave me wrong predictions, I felt very angry by that, but now I feel that maybe I am not destined to know what’s in store for me in the future, so I am not coming in contact with astrologers, who can predict correctly for me.

Coming to the topic of your learning astrology, how can you be sure that it’s something you are supposed to learn completely in this life? Maybe you are destined to learn only a little bit in this life and more of it in the next life and go on like that. You can never know for sure what God’s plan is for you unless you have understood your karmic pattern and known the purpose for which you have been born this time. So not knowing that if you are presuming that learning astrology is one of the purposes for which you have been born, maybe you are wrong in your presumption. Same with me: maybe I am not destined to learn more in astrology than what I learned up till now, and that is why every time I am trying to learn more, I am facing obstacles.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 08 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

I agree with you that it’s one’s fate whether he will get to know his future or not. My dad always used to tell me about the astrologers whom he knew, who could predict very correctly, but when I grew up and needed to consult a good astrologer, I couldn’t get to consult any of those astrologers my dad had mentioned as either they were dead or the contact was lost. Only one astrologer, who my dad had said was good, we did consult, but he didn’t predict correctly for me, and my dad said that he was not that good then as he used to be when he was young. So it’s definitely one’s fate whether they will get correct predictions or not.

Yes, I know you didn’t say that you were sure you were going to learn astrology, completely. I didn’t mean it that way, either. What I meant was, maybe learning astrology fully is not your goal in this life. We can’t be sure what our goals are, isn’t it? But it’s nice to hear that whenever you think of leaving astrology, there is a good omen, which stops you from leaving it. That’s really nice. You got into astrology definitely because it was in your destiny. Otherwise, a sudden interest in something doesn’t come in a person. So I am definitely sure it’s your destiny that you got into astrology, but whether you will devote some time to it all your life or not, that will also depend on whether it’s destined for you and not on whether you use your free will in regard to that, I feel. But it maybe is as you have said that it’s your choice, to keep trying, whether you reach the goal or not.

I would like to share an interesting point here, which I had read sometime back in one of the lectures of Swami Vivekananda. He said that the will is never free. It’s not possible for the will to be free. He said when we will something, behind that will there is a desire. First desire comes and after that the will to fulfill that desire. Now, the point is where from the desire comes? It comes as per our past life samaksaras. Take your example: you are saying you will keep trying to learn astrology all your life. That is your will, definitely. But why are you using that will specifically in connection with astrology? Why not for something else? Because behind that will is the desire to learn astrology. And from where does that desire to learn astrology has come? Do you have control over that desire? No, you haven’t because it is based on your past life samaksaras. So if our will is based on something, which is not in our hand, how can we call that will free will?

Now, suppose a couple of years later you lose interest in astrology suddenly like you got interested in it suddenly, will you still use your will to learn the subject? You won’t, I am sure, because none of us use our will in doing things, which we don’t have interest in. This is where destiny plays its part. The moment the time to do astrology will end for you destiny-wise, if that’s what is your destiny, you will immediately lose interest in the subject and stop using your will in regard to it, but will use it in regard to something else, which you would be interested in then. So our will is dependent on destiny, and not the other way round.

Now, coming to me, every time I try to learn astrology sincerely I get obstacles on the way, but I have never been able to leave it completely. If I had left it completely, I wouldn’t be here today on this forum. I do give readings to people and read posts here, but whenever I try sincerely to learn the subject, I get a lot of obstacles.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 15 Apr 2013

Mylilangel,

It’s a very nice observation you have made about people in the same family having some common points in their charts. Same has been observed by me: my father and mother have Moon-Ketu combination in their charts, and I and my brother have Rahu-Moon and Saturn-Moon combinations respectively in our charts—so you see, all of us have Moon afflicted in our charts. My uncle has Rahu-Jupiter combination in his chart, and his son and daughter both have Rahu-Jupiter combination in their charts. Another uncle of mine has Jupiter debilitated in his chart, and his younger son has Jupiter debilitated, though his other son has exalted Jupiter.

Another interesting point I will share: my brother and me were born in the same Moon sign and the same nakshatra, so we both got the same dashas while we grew up. My uncle’s sons both got Rahu periods in their young age. And believe me the more you will check these things, the more connections you will find. They are in no way coincidences, I feel.

I think we all bring with us some good karmas. I think that’s how it’s arranged by God, so that we don’t suffer all through or in all respects in life. In that sense destiny is fair, I think. If it takes away something from us, it compensates by giving something else in return; if it gives us misery sometime in our life, it makes sure it gives us happiness in other times. So it balances things out in a way.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 28 Apr 2013

Latest update: My friend talked to me today. There was a huge misunderstanding, but now it's been cleared up. I always knew she would talk to me again, and with God's grace it happened.

USR
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by USR » 15 May 2013

Dear Yellow,
Your horoscope has nothing to do with the events.
Astrology is such a subject which causes irritation on any distraction or criticism ,sure in spoiling relations.
Astrology practice is recommended for those who doesn't have other obligations.
USR
My suggestions are for +ve guidance.Divine blessings are ultimate.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 15 May 2013

USR,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's very interesting what you have said. I have never thought that way, but it's something to ponder on, definitely.