Karma, Astrology and Advaita

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Sudarshang
Karma, Astrology and Advaita

Post by Sudarshang » 21 Mar 2012

Friends,

Students of astrologly need to understand the concept/theory of Karma thoroughly as "Astrology helps us become aware of ourselves - both our strengths and weaknesses, or our positive and negative karma. Our astrology chart is literally a map of our karma and reveals our journey through time. Armed with the knowledge of astrology we can make constructive changes that modify our karma. We created our karma by our past thoughts and actions, and therefore we can 'uncreate it.' " (Quoting from Vaughn Paul Manley)

According to some sources, many Advaitins consider Karma a "necessary fiction". According to these sources, advaitins maintain that Karma cannot be proven to exist through any of the Pramāṇas (with the exception of Āgama, though this is contradicted, subtrated, by the Pramāṇas such as Anumāna, Upamāna, or Arthāpatti); However, it is merely to encourage students to strive towards Vidyā (spiritual knowledge) and combat Avidyā (ignorance), the idea of Karma is maintained. ("vidya" refers to knowledge about Brahman)

Advaitins believe that suffering is due to Maya (not Karma), and only knowledge (called Jnana) of Brahman can destroy Maya. When Maya is removed, they believe, there exists ultimately no difference between the Jiva-Atman and the Brahman. Such a state of bliss when achieved while living is called Jivanmukta. Again, advaitins believe that while Vedic sacrifices, puja and devotional worship (forms of karma) can lead one in the direction of jnana (true knowledge) they cannot lead one directly to moksha.

If Karma cannot lead one to moksha directly, and if advaitins believe karma to be a "necessary fiction", so should their belief in astrology be - a "necessary fiction"?

Please correct me if I am wrong for my knowledge in advaita is limited. My question is, given its views on karma, are advaita and astrology compatible? Does it make sense for a true advaiti to believe in astrology?

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Karma, Astrology and Advaita

Post by kandhan » 21 Mar 2012

Sudarshan ji

belief exists only in mind and "true advaiti" ( i am assuming you are referring to a realised one) has no use for mind. and for a practicing advaitin the aim to unshackle from the grip of mind. its like the wheels of a cart. even after being unshackled it will keep rolling till momentum(praarbdha karma) is lost.

and for a "true bhakta" also astrology is of no use because he/she has completely surrendered.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 21 Mar 2012

Kandhan Ji,

These kind of topics Karma and Astrology generally miss astrology, except for name’s sake! Many just want to assert whatever they feel right and quote sastric evidence but not astrological evidence or combinations :lol:

Let me depart from that and share with you the following which is gathered from astrological sources.

1. Rasi chart is the one showing ‘Sanchita Karmas”
2. Navamsa chart shows the Prarabdha karma of this birth.
3. Fixed signs in amsa show dhridha karma which can’t be changed, but with great efforts.
4. Dual signs in amsa show dhridha adridha karma which can be changed with effort.
5. Movable signs in amsa show adridha karma which can be changed with little effort.

Now lifting the amsa chart and placing it in rasi chart, retaining the rasi lagna (rasi tula navamsa method ) let us examine the prarabhda.

I have gathered a lot of information about karma, thro this method instead of any Advaita, Visishtatvaida, Dvaita discussions :wink:

AnhRaMoon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AnhRaMoon » 22 Mar 2012

Consciouslight. If you are a woman, you may not be the person in this world. A teacher can only be one God. And all that matter is an illusion. None of the enlightened will not teach because the world would not understand, to know God need to immerse yourself into it through personal experience of the mind stops. Only the mind of a barrier around and not yet ready soul that will not allow you to stop the vibration of the mind, which is in unison with its vibration repeats all actions and creates a wave of your delusion (ignorance)...

AnhRaMoon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AnhRaMoon » 22 Mar 2012

Every religion in this world is given only to the material level of development, those who understand God's will in the future. If someone who has not grasped it tries to say something about God, it would not apply to the truth. And to know astrology can only be one who has reached Brahman, because astrology is a science of mind (true mind), but not of the mind, and therefore it is esoteric, and is synonymous with spirituality, and religion is a spiritual level, the support of the Soul. Soul and Spirit are two polarities, and the animal soul is at the level of development instinct, and the demon of the material mind, which degenerates when he becomes a religious fan. And the Spirit of the Living has only twice-born, and then from the mind of the Holy Spirit, who is no longer the bearer of religious and mental being (Soul) - a life of material consciousness. So crazy only those who have a soul and mind, and those who have already twice-born, enlightened, and the holy prophet is no longer supports the soul and its consciousness of the mind, and spirit of Ionia as the media itself the Holy Spirit and truth (the truth) go around the world directly, but the mind around, because it is "fool" who does the distortion of his mind consciousness, which is still restless and unable to comprehend the truth (God). And in the Indian ascetics are at the level of intelligence material in our time, too, make themselves saints, who have not entered yet beyond the astral plane, so the mind is material made himself a man, though he is a demon in the state outside of space and time, it did not happen, because your the saints die in the astral plane leaving the body, and do not disappear in the light of truth, as twice born in this world that no longer exist, and if they have a religion are not, but only in trace missing without trace in the archives of the police, and they are not famous and not open the sects and denominations, because they are lonely and find it difficult to find similar to themselves. If they occur in the life, then seeing each other, they lowered my eyes and never communicate, if that does not want God. All the saints and prophets astral burst blood vessels, because their mind is weak and the light of truth kills the mind and your consciousness of the mind, because you do not understand the spiritual allegories, and erase the memory of your dying you go to get a new rebirth destiny and do everything as it is written . You refer to the same middle of the world from the mind or in your worlds, and in this world, these people appeared in 3117, prior to the Age of Christ, and then after 1000 years away from it en masse, and the world moved to the level of the mind, immersed in water causal (mind, Moon, Mother) in the Kali Yuga. And still deluded minds who argue above because they do not have the knowledge and belongs to the world. And Christ said that "none of this world will not get into the kingdom of the Lord", he meant born in the Kali Yuga, or the time when the world was drowned in the waters of their causal. And in the causal worlds are born only to Rakshasa. Because then you are told that the family of the righteous man is born a demon of demons, and the righteous in the family of the same demons, the demon is born. This is an allegory of the world shares a strong mind to have a degenerate. Degenerate worlds is 10 demigods from the fall of the soul (Adam) into the world of mind and before the Flood, and the world of causal treatment is 62 next demigod. Because knowledge has been given to you and says in the constellation, that in this world come to the three types of development, it is Devas, they are your teachers, then the earth Nakshatr, a religion from the worlds of the transition-to-human level of demons and demonic worlds causal treatment, those who born 62 come from the worlds of the demigods, after the Flood, which is an allegory of the world which is called the Kali Yuga

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 22 Mar 2012

krishnagopal1968 wrote: 1. Rasi chart is the one showing ‘Sanchita Karmas”
3. Fixed signs in amsa show dhridha karma which can’t be changed, but with great efforts.
4. Dual signs in amsa show dhridha adridha karma which can be changed with effort.
5. Movable signs in amsa show adridha karma which can be changed with little effort.

Now lifting the amsa chart and placing it in rasi chart, retaining the rasi lagna (rasi tula navamsa method ) let us examine the prarabhda.
Krishna ji

Karmic astrology is a fascinating topic. What you have said is new to me. Especially the link between Sanchita-D-1 and and Prarbdha-D9. I was under the impression that D-1 represents the sum total prarabdha of this janma and that 1-4-7-10 are the pivots for manifestation of the prarbdha karmas.

I request you to explain this method in the following chart. I am posting the snapshot of chart of uncle of my friend. Would appreciate if you could explain the method in this chart. The person is still alive.
Last edited by kandhan on 22 Mar 2012, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 22 Mar 2012

Kandhan ji,

I am not getting the chart. pl post birth details.

But my humble view is, it is better to see our own charts for deciphering karma. It is not good to enter into other's karma. Analysing other's karma is little complicated as here not only charts, other factors like birth marks are needed.

PM is better if we want to proceed on this!

Sudarshang

Post by Sudarshang » 24 Mar 2012

kandhan wrote:
krishnagopal1968 wrote: 1. Rasi chart is the one showing ‘Sanchita Karmas”

Krishna ji

Karmic astrology is a fascinating topic. What you have said is new to me. Especially the link between Sanchita-D-1 and and Prarbdha-D9. I was under the impression that D-1 represents the sum total prarabdha of this janma and that 1-4-7-10 are the pivots for manifestation of the prarbdha karmas.

I request you to explain this method in the following chart. I am posting the snapshot of chart of uncle of my friend. Would appreciate if you could explain the method in this chart. The person is still alive.
Krishna-ji

Very interesting! I have heard about a slightly different variation of this, and would would value your thoughts on it:

The variation is that the Rasi chart represents Prarabdha Karma and the Navamsa represents Kriyamana karma.

It is also said, that since the sanchita karma is the whole entire baggage and is as timeless as the Jeevatma itself, it cannot be contained in 12 squares. Therefore the reasoning is that the scope of the horoscope charts cover only the prarabdha karma that we are born with to experience in this life, and the karma that we acquire in this life. The Navamsa is therefore important to determine whether one is going to exhaust his/her prarabdha in this life or going to leave having acquired more. This aligns with the logic one's life ends as soon as one's prarabdha for this life has completed - which does not mean the person acquires moksha but is going come back with another part of his/her sanchita.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 30 Mar 2012

Sudharshang ji,

If Sanchita karma can't be contained into 12 squares, then neither agami karma or prarabhdha contain it!

Just see this logic, Major events don't happen every day. even out of 365 days a year, only some days some event happens. but our charts decribes the basic pattern, a blue print or a programme!

now let us leave these theories and pl post some charts, and then we discuss the karmic programmes!

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 04 Apr 2012

Mahesh Ji,

can we post some charts, then proceed for discussions on karma?

Luckygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Luckygirl » 04 Jan 2019

This is a very interesting topic.
My guru says Prarabda karma is of 2 types.
Durbalam and Prabalam.
The durbala karmas are weak ones and can be altered or completely wiped out with prayer and freewill.
The prabalam ones are strong and cannot be erased. Prayers and pariharam can provide us the mental strength to withstand it.