Badhaka, Badhakesh, Badhasthana....Budapest !!

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Badhaka, Badhakesh, Badhasthana....Budapest !!

Post by sinecurve » 12 Oct 2011

Please pardon for my limited knowledge AND no disrespect to anyone, sometimes it seems that Badhekesh is used as a scapegoat when no other reason is found for any negative influence of/on the planet.

I am sure there would be some specific rules as n when Badhekesh would have n negative effect or NOT ?? Also wondering if there's any cancellation of badhaka as such OR any rule when badhaka planets will give absolutely no badhaka/only-positive effects.

Here I quote what was posted by Basab (few years back) to give general definition of the Badhaka planet -
When the ascendant is a Moveable sign(Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) the 11th house from the ascendant becomes the Badhaksthan and the 11th lord the Badhakesh.

When ascendant is a Fixed sign(Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) the 9th house from the ascendant becomes the Badhaksthan and the 9th lord the Badhakesh.

When ascendant is a Dual sign(Gemini, Virgo, Saggitarius, Pisces) the 7th house from the lagna becomes the the Badhaksthan and the 7th lord the Badhakesh.

Now the planets that are associated(position,aspect, conjunction) with the Badhakesh and the Badhaksthan will suffer in respect to the significance of it's lordships.

But there are some points to think about. They are as follows:

1. For fixed signs the 9th house becomes the Badhaksthan and the 9th lord the Badhakesh but at the same time the 9th house is the strongest trinal house and thus a very benefic house so why should it bring sufferings?

2. For leo and Aquarius lagna Mars and Venus are the yogakaraks for the respective lagnas but at the same time they lord the 9th house for fixed sign lagnas making them Badhakeshs, so how will they function: as strong benefics because they are yogakaraks or as malefics because they are Badhakeshs or will they function as neutrals?
Where is Mr. Basab Roy these days...dont see him anymore ?

As mentioned in my other thread, I have seen badhaka planets to work absolutely fine in numerous chart...whether placed in trines or dusthana or there own / MT houses.

I will post few charts ones I get to hear the general consensus !

'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Badhaka, Badhakesh, Badhasthana....Budapest !!

Post by swamykool » 12 Oct 2011

Dear Sinecurve,

The concept of badhak was propounded by Varahamihir. It is not mentioned in the BPHS. The word badhak comes from the word badha which means obstacle. Different Lgs have different Houses designated as Badhak Houses - as given above.

Any planet placed in the Badhak House faces obstacles in its karkatatwas. The H where the Lord of the Badhak H is placed (Badhakesh) and aspects, problems and obstacles are faced in the matters of those Hs. However Badhak or Badhakesh only creates obstacles and makes life difficult. It never totally denies anything or destroys anything. If the LL is in Badhak H or the Badhakesh aspects Lg or LL then it gives problems in health. This has been my humble experience.

Badhakesh can be summed up as lord of obstacles. But Rahu-Ketu though they co-own Aqa and Sco, can never become Badhakesh. The Badhakesh would always be Shani or Mars.

Regards
swamykool.
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 12 Oct 2011

just my 2 cents

I have Mercury in my badhaksthana -Scorpio on the 11th house (Cap Asc)..Mercury MD from 89-2006 for 17 years was by and large good with minor obstacles here and there
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 12 Oct 2011

Dear Swamykool:

"However Badhak or Badhakesh only creates obstacles and makes life difficult. It never totally denies anything or destroys anything."

Wrong. It depends on what type of Badha it is. If the Badha is Marak, can even lead to death as there are different types of Badha or Badhak viz Ranthu Kama, Hanthu Kama, and Bhokthu Kama. Just shared what I know.

The Ranthu Kama and Bhokthu Kama Badhas are one that may as u said spoil everything and make life difficult for the native, but the other one Hanthu Kama is not like that. It may not only spoil the life, but it will make the native lead to death as well. We need to study the person's horo in depth. Sometimes from the horo, things might not be clear. On such instances, a thamboola Prashna (beatel leaves) can only find the exact problem.

Regards

Narayanan

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 12 Oct 2011

swamykool wrote:If the LL is in Badhak H or the Badhakesh aspects Lg or LL then it gives problems in health.
swamycoolji: have you come across any cancer,simha or kumbha lagna charts where LL placed in Badhak H is giving health problems? if so , can u share the details, if possible?
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 13 Oct 2011

Sinecurve,

To me it looks like a concept that is to be applied only while using Rasi dashas and to be taken wrt to respective signs whose dasha is running (i.e, not wrt to D-1). As koolji mentioned it looks more like an obstacle, i.e, what you expect otherwise based on dasha would not happen or will get delayed.

Koolji - I could not understand your statement that only Sa and Ma can be Badhakesh?
CRS

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 13 Oct 2011

lovacrs wrote:
Koolji - I could not understand your statement that only Sa and Ma can be Badhakesh?
Hes talking in case of Aqu and Sco.

Kool / Crs,

Could we safely say that planet in Badhasthana or Badhekesh will always shows its colors whatever may be the position / condition of the planet ?? Is there a exempt criteria or a cancellation for Badhaka ? I am sure there would be some exceptions given by Varahamihir, where the badhaka effect will reduce / nullify. - thanks

Narayan, Half of what you wrote is french to me :). Do you have any chart to show the type of Kamas you have mentioned. - thanks
'वक्त से पहले और मुक़द्दर् से ज्यादा किसी को कुछ नहीं मिलता' - Neither before time nor beyond destiny, would you attain anything !

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 13 Oct 2011

Bonjour Monsiuer,

Here is an extract of a chart I have: [not posting full details]
Body Longitude Nakshatra Pada Rasi Navamsa

Lagna 20 Le 17' 46.08" PPha 3 Le Li
Sun - BK 19 Ar 03' 37.53" Bhar 2 Ar Vi
Mars - PiK 16 Ta 31' 02.00" Rohi 2 Ta Ta

Notice:
1. Lagna lord in Badhakasthana
2. Badhakesha aspecting Lagna.

Native is hale and hearty. No health issues whatsoever.

I think we need to qualify what is meant by Badha. Obstacles, yes. Obstacle to what?

I am not on sure footing here, but I remember Ramananji either in chat, or on phone saying that Badhakesh is an obstacle to spiritual growth. This growth was the primary goal during days of the Rishis.

If I apply that dictum to the example chart, it fits.

Merci,
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Oct 2011

Hi Sinecurve:

That is an interesting question which still needs a clear cut answer for all.

When the 9th lord becomes badhakesh for sthira lagna, for eg Vrishchik, 9th lord who is supposed to be most benefic, when becomes badhakesh and is placed in lagna, does it mean it will destroy the person as a whole since lagna represents everything.
What % of effect is from badhakesh and what from yogakaraka. This is needed since they are suppose to act in opposite directions. If the effect of badhakesh and badhakasthana is higher than that of yogakaraka, what then is the meaning of yogakaraka for these planets in these lagnas.
I think we need clear explanation and only with the aid of examples of known people, we could arrive at a solution. Nevertheless, it is very complex.
(I think the other half of French is written by Arun above :D )

Dev

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 13 Oct 2011

Bonjour Monsiuer,

Here is an extract of a chart I have: [not posting full details]
Body Longitude Nakshatra Pada Rasi Navamsa

Lagna 20 Le 17' 46.08" PPha 3 Le Li
Sun - BK 19 Ar 03' 37.53" Bhar 2 Ar Vi
Mars - PiK 16 Ta 31' 02.00" Rohi 2 Ta Ta

Notice:
1. Lagna lord in Badhakasthana
2. Badhakesha aspecting Lagna.

Native is hale and hearty. No health issues whatsoever.

I think we need to qualify what is meant by Badha. Obstacles, yes. Obstacle to what?

I am not on sure footing here, but I remember Ramananji either in chat, or on phone saying that Badhakesh is an obstacle to spiritual growth. This growth was the primary goal during days of the Rishis.

If I apply that dictum to the example chart, it fits.

Merci,
Hmmm.....Qui pourait donner un sens .....Puede ser Ramananji podria verter una vision mas clara que !

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dev wrote:Hi Sinecurve:

That is an interesting question which still needs a clear cut answer for all.

When the 9th lord becomes badhakesh for sthira lagna, for eg Vrishchik, 9th lord who is supposed to be most benefic, when becomes badhakesh and is placed in lagna, does it mean it will destroy the person as a whole since lagna represents everything.
What % of effect is from badhakesh and what from yogakaraka. This is needed since they are suppose to act in opposite directions. If the effect of badhakesh and badhakasthana is higher than that of yogakaraka, what then is the meaning of yogakaraka for these planets in these lagnas.
I think we need clear explanation and only with the aid of examples of known people, we could arrive at a solution. Nevertheless, it is very complex.
(I think the other half of French is written by Arun above :D )

Dev
Oui monsieur, il est complexe ! :D

Ramananji, ou etes vous ? :D

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 13 Oct 2011

KD and Arun,

I have seen a couple of charts where LL in Badhak H or aspected by Badhakesh has given health problems. But sorry, right now cannot remember which chart, so cannot put it up.

However, health problems will always occur in the ADs of LL (in the first case) or in the ADs of Badhakesh (2nd case). Arun, in the chart you have put up, pl enquire if it is so.

Lovacrs ji,

Varahamihir dealt exclusively with Parashari astrology, as far as I know he did not use Jaimini. So Badhakesh is used for Rashi Dashas - this does not apply.

If Aqa or Sco becomes the Badhak H, in that case only Saturn and Mars can be taken as Badhakesh. Rahu-ketu cannot be used as Badhakesh, although they co-own these two rashis.

Sinecurve,

Regarding Badhakesh all the standard rules of alleviation apply. i.e. being aspected by a saumya graha, being in a saumya amsha (i.e. in a good Nav or in Pushkarbhaga) etc. One school strictly believes exalted Badhakesh is very bad as it takes the obstacles to an insurmountable level. While deb Badhakesh is good. Ramanan ji is a strict believer in this school. I am ambivalent, but I would go with R ji.

I cannot answer matters spoken in German, French, Spanish, Chinese or language of high spirituality, as I cannot figure out what the hell is being said. So sorry. :mrgreen:

swamykool

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 13 Oct 2011

Dear kool, Dev, Arun, the french Guy :D

Here is the link about badhakesh. Actually it plays a crucial role in finding out abichara dosha in a chart.

pls. go through this link. All your doubts will vanish.

http://varahamihira.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].com/2004/1 ... akesh.html

Regards
Ramanan

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 13 Oct 2011

Kool:

The native ran the AD of Badhakesh in Ven/Mar in 1997/1998 : No health issues then.

Currently running MD= Lagna Lord [SUN] since Jan-2011. And Mars AD has started 13/10/2011, i.e. yesterday! Will watch if anything happens.....

Current MD of SUN [albeit placed in Badhakasthana] has been excellent - Promotion at work, new car, two vacations, possibly purchase of a flat [ yeah, all in one year!] . Just to throw some numbers, Lagna lord SUN scores a stunning 10.82 Rupas /649 in Shadbala.

But if I put this in the context of what I am alleging Ramananji of saying [ he has neither confirmed nor denied it...:-)] , then this falls in place, because this period has been all materialism. Not hearing much complaints though for undergoing all this materialism!

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 13 Oct 2011

swamykool wrote:Dear Sinecurve,
Badhakesh can be summed up as lord of obstacles. But Rahu-Ketu though they co-own Aqa and Sco, can never become Badhakesh. The Badhakesh would always be Shani or Mars.

Regards
swamykool.

In the chart presented by sinecurve, "which planets spoiled this chart", it was mentioned that Jup was acting as badhakesh..

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 13 Oct 2011

Dear members,

I have two questions.
1)Does a Badhakesh in Badhaksthan actually work as an antitode and removes obstacles?
2)Does transit of badhakesh/lagna lord play any role in this?

Thanks and regards,
Shreya

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 15 Oct 2011

Hey,

I really think the concept of badhak is overrated! If you believe that, my life should be full of obstacles!
I am a Capricorn ascendant, so my Badhak sthana is Scorpio. Now, I have 4 planets in Scorpio: Venus, Jupiter, Sun and Mercury, so they are occupying the 11th. The 11th lord is in 12th (both Mangal and Ketu, whichever lord of Scorpio people choose), and is aspecting Moon in 3rd house, so again a badhak aspect. Finally, my lagna is Dhanista, i.e. in the nakshatra of Mangal, the badhak and Shani is in Chitra, angain a Nakshatra of Mangal. So all my planets are connected to Mangal, the Lord of the 11th house and Badhak, so accordingly my life should be full of obstacles in all Dasas!

But then again I believe in the power of prayer, prayer removes all obstacles!

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 15 Oct 2011

Thanks Koolji,
Varahamihir dealt exclusively with Parashari astrology, as far as I know he did not use Jaimini. So Badhakesh is used for Rashi Dashas - this does not apply.
I did not mean that. I have come across some readings that seem to very effectively use this concept along with Rasi dasas.
CRS

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 15 Oct 2011

The word Badhaka has many meanings. the word is Sanskrit in origin. It means "oppressing", "suspending", "hindering", "paining", "injuring", "opposing","setting aside", "annulling", "harassing", and "trouble maker", depending on the context the word is being used in.

So where did this word creep into astrology ? B.P.H.S. makes a reference to it in chapter 50 sloka 20 - 21
chapter 50 - Sloka 20-21. Kumbha, Vrishabha, Simha, and Vrischika are Badhaka Bhavas for the four moveable Rashis: Mesha, Karka, Tula, and Makara, in that order. In other words the 11th Rashi to a moveable Rashi is its Badhaka Bhava. If there is a malefic in the Bhava occupied by its lord or in Badhaka Bhava of that Rashi, there will be occasions of great sorrow, imprisonment, and diseases during the Dasha.
In Sloka 23 - 25 there is another reference to the word "Badhaka"
23-25. There will be great danger, imprisonment during a journey, displeasure of Government and danger from enemies, in the Dasha and Antar Dasha of the Rashi from which its Badhaka Bhava, Vyaya, Ari, and Randhra Bhava are occupied by Rahu. There will be loss due to the displeasure of the king and danger there from in the Antar Dasha (sub-period) of the Rashi that is occupied by Surya, Mangal, Rahu, and Shani. There will be the possibility of death if the 5th and the 9th from the Antar Dasha Rashi are occupied by a debilitated or malefic Graha.
Sarvartha Chintamani makes a comprehensive statement on the term "Badaka". In chapter 40 sloka 10 the author Venkata Sharma ji, states,

The "Badhaka" (frustrative) planets are in the case of people with movable signs. The planets in the 11th house & the lord of the 11th house for those having fixed signs as their Ascendants, the 9th house lord & the planets in the 9th house & for people having common signs as their Ascendant, the 7th house lord & the planets in the 7th house are Badhakas. The Planets, lord of the sign in the 7th house are Badhakas. The planets, lord of the sign occupied by the "Kharesh" (22nd decanate) & Mandi are highly Badhakas (obstructive) karkas (significator) for the 12 houses are 1st house Sun, 2nd Jupiter, 3rd Mars, 4th Moon & Mercury 5th Jupiter, 6th Saturn & Mars 7th Venus 8th Saturn, 9th Sun & Jupiter 10th Jupiter, Sun & Mercury 11th Jupiter & 12th Saturn.

{To be continued}
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 15 Oct 2011

Dear All,

I too don't agree with this concept of Badhaka or Badhakesh. Yes,Classics mention that but practical results don't match.

Only in cases where the badhaka rulers are inimical to lagna lords and afflicted this may work, in my view. Not in cases like Saturn for Taurus, Mars for Leo, Venus for Aquarius...

Ramanan ji has a point. If we observe the rulerships of 11th and 7th badha sthanas, they are houses of kama trikonas, greed and desire and hence become a hindrance. But then what about 9th badha, where it is a house of dharma?!! Again apt astrologers will explain away this thing too :lol:

Monsieur Sine curve is very much right in observing that astrologers blame this planet if they don't find any other reason :wink:

Who else can be a badhaka other than 6th, 8th and 12th lords????? Particularly the 6th :evil:

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 16 Oct 2011

Oui, KG1968,

The example I have quoted above is precisely that - Lagna lord in badhakasthan, Badhakesh aspecting Lagna. The native is just absolutely fine.

Other than Badhaka, there is also the other two rowdies that dont have a good police history - Guilka and Mandi.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 16 Oct 2011

Merci Arunji.

Now i think AB is goin' to come out with great guns (classic ones :lol: )

Bonswa or Bonsoir! This kinda french confuses me. Likta kuch, bolta kuch aur hai!!!

(write something and speak something else :) better to escape mods!

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Oct 2011

to continue,
Jataka Parijata Chapter 2 Sloka 48 - In the case of movable, immovable and dual signs, planets occupying respectively the 11th, 9th and the 7th houses from them or their lords will prove exceedingly troublesome planets if they happen to own at the same time, the houses occupied by the lord of Khara or Maandi.
{By extension it means any association between Maandi or the lord of the 22nd Drekkana is enough to instigate the badhaka traits in the Badhakadipati.}

Jataka Parijata then goes on to define what the word Khara means,
Jataka Parijata chapter 5 sloka 56 - Khara is the 22nd Drekkana from that of the Lagna. The 64th Navamsha is reckoned from that occupied by the Moon.
Jataka Parijata chapter 18 sloka 30 - The dasa period of a planet owning a (Badhasthana) as well as of the one associated there with leads to disease, distress and other such evils. During the dasa and apahara of a planet occupying a Kendra from the (Badhasthana), sorrow and foreign travel will crop up. If two planets occupy the 6th and the 8th places in respect to each other, the astrologer may predict danger, exile or some untoward event during their paka and apahara; but if the planets in question be benefic and friendly, the effect will be mixed.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Oct 2011

This is a classic example of how Maandi / Gulika instigates a Badhakesha

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 18&t=12185

Maandi.jpg

Remember, all planets are cumulative in Jyotish. Nothing works in Isolation. Badhaka is one such affliction which acts along with the others to be neutral or do bad.

by astroboy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:30 pm
these are the times you wish that she divorced the guy and started a new life.

The whole screw up revolves around marriage. The culprit for this mess is Guru. Guru acts like a true Badhaka.
the word Badhaka has many meaning. the word is Sanskrit in origin. It means "opperessing", "suspending", "hindering", "paining", "injuring", "opposing","setting aside", "annulling", "harassing", and "trouble maker".

In our Context Guru is a True Badaka. Why? because he is caught plumb in between Gulika and Maandi and to top it, is aspected by the 8th lord Shani.

Look at the 7th house. Kuja and Rahu are within 1.5 Degree of each other. and to top it is aspected by Shani within 5 degrees of Kuja and Rahu. As per a Kannada Text, Kuja is called a "Sarpa Graha". Rahu and Kuja together is a deadly combination. It destroys the 7th house completely.

So now the Key question. Why is the marriage still on ? By all standards, Kuja and Rahu along with Shani should have finished the marriage even before the honey moon was over. The graha to be blamed is Guru. Guru is in Pushkaraamsha and is high on the "Dharmic" trip. He induces a high standard of Dharma into the individual. It is the Dharma of a Indian woman to stand by her husband no matter how much of a tyrant he is. Divorce is a "Adharmic" act and is not to be resorted to. Suffering silently is the Dharma of a Indian woman. This twisted logic is induced by Guru on the native through the Moon. Guru is in Chandra's house. More over guru is aspected by the 9th lord. What a twist of fate and irony this is. Only the planets can play such games with us humans.

Guru saves the marriage but gave her nothing out of it. Guru has played the ultimate game, both as the planet of Dharma and Badaka. He has kept the marriage alive but left her with nothing from it. The situation reminds me of a few lines from Jodha Akbar, "paas hain fir bhi paas nahin, hum ko yeh gham raas nahin ,sheeshe ki ik deewar hai jaise darmiyaan". 25 years + have passed and yet she has not seen even a day of happiness from her marriage. What a game Guru has played.

The next unholy $%^& up is that Budha is Caught right in the MB degree, like a "John" caught by the cops at a seedy hotel with his pants down. No matter what rule you apply for MB, Budha is always in the MB degree. In one case, he is also in the fateful Trimsamsa degree. Lagna and the 4th house lord is in a "gone case" situation. The lagna and the lagna lord are the two points responsible for the native to experience the good things of life. The 4th house is the holy grail of happiness and comfort. With the lagna lord and the 4th house in dire straits, the horoscope is a write off.

Rahu and kuja aspecting the lagna, Ketu in the lagna in Ardra Nakshatra, Lagna in Kuja's nakshatra, Chandra in Ketu's nakshatra, Shani in Rahu's Nakshatra and Kuja and Rahu aspected by the 8th lord Shani is a kind of Sarpa yoga Kuja might look innocent but he is the 6th lord and is totally corrupted by Rahu.
Guru sits in the 2nd house of Family. The native did not enjoy even one day of Family life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by astroboy on 16 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.

sinecurve
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by sinecurve » 16 Oct 2011

astroboy wrote:to continue,
Jataka Parijata Chapter 2 Sloka 48 - In the case of movable, immovable and dual signs, planets occupying respectively the 11th, 9th and the 7th houses from them or their lords will prove exceedingly troublesome planets if they happen to own at the same time, the houses occupied by the lord of Khara or Maandi.
{By extension it means any association between Maandi or the lord of the 22nd Drekkana is enough to instigate the badhaka traits in the Badhakadipati.}

Jataka Parijata then goes on to define what the word Khara means,
Jataka Parijata chapter 5 sloka 56 - Khara is the 22nd Drekkana from that of the Lagna. The 64th Navamsha is reckoned from that occupied by the Moon.
Jataka Parijata chapter 18 sloka 30 - The dasa period of a planet owning a (Badhasthana) as well as of the one associated there with leads to disease, distress and other such evils. During the dasa and apahara of a planet occupying a Kendra from the (Badhasthana), sorrow and foreign travel will crop up. If two planets occupy the 6th and the 8th places in respect to each other, the astrologer may predict danger, exile or some untoward event during their paka and apahara; but if the planets in question be benefic and friendly, the effect will be mixed.
Thanks AB, Thats what we should be digging on....there should be more to it than just hang Badhaka planets as the root cause.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 16 Oct 2011

During the dasa and apahara of a planet occupying a Kendra from the (Badhasthana), sorrow and foreign travel will crop up.
Deepak, you have raised a very important point here.

During these periods foreign travels I have not seen much. But forcible dislocation, transfers and sorrow, I have seen quite a few. I myself, had a sudden transfer and some serious work relocation trouble during such a period. Ven-Jup. Jup is in the 4th fr Badhak H and 7th fr Badhak Lord.

swamykool