Bhava Chalit Chart and Fruits

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Bhava Chalit Chart and Fruits

Post by JupiterLight » 05 Jun 2011

How to calculate Bhava Chalit Chart According to Lagna?
Simple: All you need is LAGNA Longitude

If more than 15 : SUBSTRACT
If less than 15 : ADD

Eg.
Lagna Longitude 23.50 Gemini
More than 15
therefore SUBSTRACT
= 8.50
Therefore first house is from 8.50 Gemini to 8.50 Cancer

Lagna Longitude is 7.25 Cancer
Less than 15
therefore ADD
= 22.25
Therefore first house is from 22.25 Gemini to 22.25 Cancer

See, Basically, the Lagna longitude should be the midpoint! Simple :mrgreen: :)
I found many weird explanation on the net about using MC etc, i dont see why when i get the answer this way ?! If anyone can throw light on this, please go ahead my Kundli Exam is soon ...

How is Rashi Chart different from Chalit Chart?

1. Mathematically:
Rashi chart assumes that all the houses are equal - 30 degrees in length.
In bhava chart, the mid point of a house, i.e. the bhava madhya, is given a lot of importance.The upper and the lower limits of influence of a house are called Bhava Sandhis. Planets are placed in this newly computed Bhava chart - and we get something called Chalit chart. The rule is simple, if a planet’s longitude is more than the starting sandhi and less than the end sandhi, it is said to fall in that bhava.

2. For interpretations:
:arrow: rashi chart along with divisional charts on one hand and bhava charts on other hand. We never mix divisional charts with bhava chart.
:arrow: Planets influence a chart based on the bhava they are situated in.
:idea: Rule of thumb - if an interpretation system works only with planets and houses and not signs, you can safely assume that it is working with the chalit chart and not the rashi chart.
:idea: However, the aspects of planets on other planets are always studied from rashi chart. Similarly exaltation/debilitation of planets is again studied only from the rashi chart. Manglik Dosha is studied partly from bhava chart (e.g. statements like Mars causes dosha if situated in 7th house) and partly from rashi chart. When looking for exceptions (e.g. Mars in Simha, i.e. in the sign of a friend does not cause dosha), we should see the rashi chart.
Normally, bhava chart and rashi chart would agree with each other. However, if the Ascendant or planets’ degree is closer to multiple of 30, there may be differences between the charts. It is always interesting to see if a planet has moved from one house to another from rashi chart to chalit chart. This explains a lot of times why a yoga that is so obvious in rashi chart does not fructify in real life.
[/color]

Last edited by JupiterLight on 05 Jun 2011, edited 3 times in total.

❀Do not covet others wealth. Every Karma Boomerangs❀
The vidya of Jyotisha is all about looking for patterns
Please note I am only a STUDENT of Astrology !

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bhava Chalit Chart and Fruits

"Please use Bhav Chalit chart if you want to understand the houses. Natal chart is used for understanding planets."

"Bhav Chalit is used for predicting the house results. Signs in rashi chart are used for transit analysis and for tallying divisional chart. e.g VE is in 8th in Aries in rashi chart, so VE will behave very impulsive( not good ) - it means you express love by being impulsive ( martian nature ) which is not always desired. Now, lets move to Bhav chalit where your VE is in 7th( moved from 8th to 7th esssentially ) - therefore VE gets modified in 7th house by fusing the qualities of VE in aries( as well as scorpionic qualites by being in 8th ). Same thing with your JU and other planets that move to diff houses in Bhav chalit."

"I use bhav chalit chart for house delineation."

"When you use houses please uses bhav chalit. Bhave chalit will tell you which houses are impacted due to placement of planets while delineating dasa. When you look into divisional charts/aspects use natal chart."

"JU will give the results of 12th house. the characterisitc will come from the SIGN in 1st house. You need to be a bit careful here. Suppose you have JU is in 10th in natal chart( good ) but moves to 9th in bhav chalit( bad -because 9th is 12th to 10th house- loss of job ) , on the other hand if JU is in 9th and moves to 10th in bhav chalit then it's very positive"

“If you a have a planet in 9th and moves to 8th in bhav chalit then the results will not be good related to 9th house.
9th house JU is for father/teacher/religion and when the planet moves to 8th house then it means happiness from these angles will suffer.”

“I use bhav chalit PLACIDUS system and sideral zodiac.”

“In chalit bhav chart all these Yogas don't exist. It means they may not fruitify to full potential or may not give any substatial results in the respective dasa/antar.”

“ when you look planet in houses please use bhav chalit.”

“Yes, I see it , so use it the way you will use any bhav chalit chart. Bhav Chalit only means reading the HOUSES.”

“Actually the main significators of marriage are moving to 6th house in Bhava Chalit. 6th being 12th from 7th therefore delays marriage or obstacles occur. On the other hand this house is very good for career.”

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Planets give results according to bhavachalit. How they behave in the house is based on rashi chart. Does this means that once the charactere of planets is discerned from Rashi chart, Rashis should be completely ignored as far as bhavachalit chart is considered when examining results of house?

"When you look into divisional charts/aspects use natal chart."

IMPORTANT:
NEVER PUT SIGNS IN A BHAVA CHALIT CHART.
BHAVA CHALIT FROM ITS NAMES IS USED TO SHOW 'BHAVA'S AND NOT RASHIS.
MY KUNDLI TEACHER TODAY REPEATED THIS 100 TIMES AND SAID DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER SAY, THEY ARE ALL PAGAL AND YOU ARE RIGHT.. FOLLOW THIS, NEVER PUT SIGNS IN A BHAVA CHALIT CHART.

IF YOU WANT SIGNS, YOU GO CHECK YOUR D1 !
[/b]

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi Maharani

Because of the way the Bhava chart is calculated, another thing I want to add is that the more planets you have that are in degrees close to multiples of 30, the more your Rasi and Bhava chart would differ.

The Bhava Chart is especially good for analysing careers through the mid-point of the 10th house.

As for your question on which house rules the father, 9th or 10th, you can check on my thread on "Three Ways to Juggle the Meaning of a House" where I mentioned that both 9th and 10th can denote fathers and what consequences they mean in terms of the mother!

Mr. Vaughn Paul has this to say in another of his website after he consulted K N Rao (the site is Astrology for the Soul) :

Hi Malini,
I haven't seen that the Bhava chart nullifies the rasi chart. I asked KN Rao this question and he seemed to suggest that the bhava chart should not be given that great of importance. I wouldn't discredit entirely either one but give great importance to the rasi. I don't believe that the bhava ever cancels out the indications in the rasi. Hope that helps. Namaste, Vaughn Paul

[unquote]

This means that we can just concentrate on the Rasi chart.

Thanks.

Hock Leong
Chalit chart is used for reading the dasa and antardasa effect for the areas of life governed by the houses. Chalit chart can use any of the known house systems. Most of the western and all KP astrologers use Placidus house system of bhav chalit houses.
Natal chart and divisional charts are used together in traditional vedic system for analyzing transits and areas of life impacted by corrosponding divisional chart.
Suppose you have mars in aries in first house in natal chart and if moves to taurus in bhav chalit chart then it means that MA will govern the activities of 2nd house taurus but still act as if it's in it's own sign aries.
Planets in houses may change in bhav chalit chart but planets retain the property of the sign they occupy in natal chart.
[/color][/b]

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is very important to consider the house di-
vision for correct predictions. The planets
show their behaviour according to the house
they occupy. The behaviour is enhanced de-
pending upon its strength, which is deter-
mi n e d d e p e n d i n g u p o n t h e s i g n o r
Nakshatra it occupies. Hence use Lagna
chart only to know the sign in which a planet
is posited and use Chalit chart to confirm the
house position of the planet. Do not take the
aspects as per the house or Lagna chart.
Look at the degrees to determine if there is
any aspect between two planets.

Certain Yogas are formed with the help of Bhava alone and not Rashi, like Gaj Kesari Yoga etc.The case of twins born a few minutes apart enjoying different fates will be the example.

The majority of astrologers does not pay much attention to Bhava Chart and give off their predictions by seeing the Rashi Chart and the Divisional Chart.

Dear Readers,
This subject of Bhava-chalit is attracting many opinions and views. It is good. But, we need guidance from some expert, now. May be Vaughn would like to write some thing. Any way, as far as I am concerned, I summarize my views as below (May be the words used are different here but the gist is the same):
1. In any yoga or any tool for interpretation, if "HOUSE OCCUPIED" is one of the important factors or conditions, then ALSO referring to Bhava-chalit will fine-tune your prediction. The word "ALSO" means that bhava-chalit is only next to the main chart.
2. This will enable you to gauge how good or how bad a yoga / combination is likely to result into - finally. The another way of putting this statement is that it will enable you to gauge the deviation from the "default" effects of that yoga/combination.
3. BHAVA CHALIT IS ONLY A TOOL FOR FINE-TUNING THE PREDICTIONS ARRIVED AT ON THE BASIS OF RASHI AND OTHER CHARTS.

One of the readers has mentioned about Jagannadha Hora software. I have checked it up, it computes bhava-chalit as I said. I will give example of my own horoscope: 13th December, 1955 - 9.13 AM - Place - Baroda or Vadodara in Gujrat, India. You may see for yourself.

Now, I answer to Mahesh's question. I am reproducing below an extract from the book "Catechism of Astrology - Vol.I" by Dr.B.V.Raman.
"Question No.30: How do you find out who is the lord of the bhava when one bhava is represented by two rashis?
Answer: Bhava Madhya represents the central point of a bhava. The lord of the rasi where the central point falls is the lord of that Bhava."

Bye
Satish Kingi

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The Lagna Chart, also known as Rasi Chart, talks about the relative positions of planet for identifying the nature of the planet (benefic/ malefic etc.) and relationship with other planets. For example, a planet 6th, 8th, or 12th from lagna is not good for langa. On the other hand, Chalit chart tells about planet's house position also called planet siginifcation. For example if a planet is in 8th in lagna kundli but in 7th in chalit kundli, it means that you will get the result of 7th house during the dasa period of that planet. Due to being in 8th in lagna chart, the result may be malefic, so it shows problem in marriage.

Assessing house position from Lagna Kundli is not correct. This is the reason we see cuspal chart is being used in KP System for assessing the signification and synthesizing the result with dasa. In case the planets are shifting in Chalit Chart, in dasa period of a planet, it is recommended to predict the result of house with which the planet is associated in Chalit chart and NOT in Lagna chart.

The Chalit chart requires some mathematical calculation and that is the reason it was not very popular. But now with easy availability of computers, it is important that astrologers start using Chalit chart.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 06 Jun 2011

Excellent series JL, rather fruity too. What's with the melons and bananas and pineapples? :D
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 06 Jun 2011

JL,

What a great topic. I started reading about Chalit charts yesterday after buying Sumeet Chug's book.

My 3rd lord which is moon in cancer in D1 moved to 2nd house in Chalit.

What I am wondering about is- transits. IMO, chalet chart should be used for transits as that will give better prediction?

What do the experts think?

Ketugraha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ketugraha » 04 Sep 2017

I am at loss. In a previous post somewhere else I assumed that, some yogas can be judged from bhava chalita chart becuase they are "bhava based", now I have a second thought about it. Let's take a yoga, any yoga, say, Sarala 8th lord in 8th house. It's got nothing to do with house bhava cusp does it, it's essentially 8th sign from the ascendent, got nothing to do with a middle point of the house, i.e. cusp? Or an exalted planet being in kendra. Got nothing to do with the cusp either. So, all we use the cusps for is basically for measuring the influence of a planet on a cusp the same way as with aspects...