Discussion: Best Astrological Software Dilemma

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Discussion: Best Astrological Software Dilemma

Post by JupiterLight » 21 Apr 2011

I AM FED UP of doing KUNDLI GANIT!
Its just NOT PRACTICAL!
U spend HOURS in calculation, that by the time you are done, you are too fed up to even analyze anything in the 10 pages where you scribbled all over the place.

Now Im trying to specialize in Medical , Natal and Horary Astrology.

Personally, for any FULL complete ANALYSIS I USE :
1) KP - 50%
2) Western - 10%
3) Hindu Traditional Astrology 20%
4) Vaastu 10%
5) Teletherapy, Dowsing, Tarot Cards 10%

Here are some Quotes by different members regarding this "astro software" topic:

Re: Software Suggestion Pls

Unread postby astroboy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:12 pm
:( Kandan ji , Its not free , But let me tell you it's worth the effort . Get Shree Jothi Star 6 . You need to configure it , But once done , Its worth every penny . Write to Vaughn Paul Ji . He will help you source it for you .

Best regard's

Dear Jason,

Never use software for looking into compatibility of marriage as it fails. What is important is house to house matching. If 7th house fro lagna and Moon is strong and karka is strong then marriage will survive w. look at 2nd house for family, 4rth for home environment and 5th for romance. If all these things r reasonably well and if multiple affliction is not there everything would be allright.

prspum

Jyotish Software for Forum Users

Postby Vaughn Paul » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:32 pm
Hi everyone,
Sometimes people post birth data on this discussion board and if you have a software program you can calcute the chart. If you don't have a professional Jyotish software program like Parashara's Light or Sri Jyoti Star, which cost about $300, then you can at least download one of the following free programs. I personally don't use these programs but it's been suggested that that I inform everyone of them:

Jagannath Hora: http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/
Maitreya: http://www.saravali.de/maitreya/index.html

Yours in the Jyotir Vidya
Vaughn Paul

Re: Jyotish Software for Forum Users

Postby vishalpandya » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 pm
I think one should not believe softwares totally. There are sometimes differences in the dasha dates and some other things, sometimes in the same versions of the same software itself. Take for eg: JH. The Mahadasha/antar dasha don't match in different versions of the software. So best is to use atleast 2 softwares and based upon one's knowledge of jyothish, one can come to an conclusion. But more than anything else, I guess software's should be used only as a aid and for quick generation of charts.

Postby Radhe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:46 pm
Jagganath Hora Software is the best Astrological software out there, and more importantly, it's free! Instead of churning useless money for these so expensive software, I suggest Jagannath Hora to everybody. It's accurate and has multiple options. I tried Parashar's Light, while the software is good, but for the value one would pay, I don't think it's worth it - when you have a caliber of software like Jagganath Hora at your disposal for free.

So opinions range, from softwares shouldnt be used for predictions, to a free software being "the best".

However, im interested in knowing if there is any software that combines features of KP, Western Circular chart, Hindu tradition charts with the possibility of modifying the Ayanamasa.

Here are examples

❀Do not covet others wealth. Every Karma Boomerangs❀
The vidya of Jyotisha is all about looking for patterns
Please note I am only a STUDENT of Astrology !

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: Discussion: Best Astrological Software Dilemma

Post by astroboy » 21 Apr 2011

Good day to you JL ,

You can try this , http://www.keplersoftware.co.uk/kep.htm ... PLER-49575

My honest suggestion ..... You are getting into trouble trying to mix too many schools of thought . I recommend you either stick to Vedic or go western fully . More over , K.P. is a different school of thought all together . You will end up no where with this .

Best regard's
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lol true .. But its not by choice that im into many schools at once.

I am a student of Bharti Vidya Bahavan, and we do both Western and Hindu and KP together.
Other subjects we study is Pre-natal epoch, palmistry, teletherapy, medical astro, vaastu ..

But honestly, the more I read about KP, the more i stick to it.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 21 Apr 2011

Dear Jupiter Light

My two cents on this

As astroboy has pointed out pls dont mix a lot of systems. You will only be going round in circles.

As my master often says "When all the tastes together blend the taste is wholly bad" :D :D

It should be One system probably backedup by your gut feeling or intuition.

Trust this helps

Regards
Ramanan

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hahahaha Dinesh :mrgreen: You know, most students end up leaving the course in between.. Generally because of KUNDLI GANIT! It drives one MAD!
I recommend admission to BVB for any1 serious about astrology..

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lol bataya likin they say true astrologers should know how to calculate and cast the chart themselves..
and they also said in class, that while you cast the chart yourself, you realize many things while casting...
God knows...
and the day ill stop believing in astrology, is the day ill not even give it a second look lol ... but till now "chalta hai :mrgreen: "

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Its Sundays only.
From 10:30 to 5:30.
but for those who want to study Sanskrit, they come at 9:30.
We go for sky gazing trip to be able to identify stars and nakshatras at night.
Its so much fun :mrgreen:
I love BVB :mrgreen:

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 21 Apr 2011

Jupiterlight ji,

I thought JHora has some elements of your expectations. It supports multiple ayanamsha including sayana and KP.
It also shows KP Nakshatra lord/sub-lord and house cusps. At least the ganit part does not have to be done manually.
CRS

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lovacr...

I am a J Hora user anyways ... but i was just wondering if there is a more powerful software. :oops: :mrgreen:

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

BTW any knows how to get the following with J Hora

1) Position of Neptune, Pluto, Uranus

2) SUB lord and SS for KP

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 21 Apr 2011

Good day JL,

Right click on the Rashi chart
Scrool down to "Choose a view (which bodies to show) Tab
Move the cursor to optional bodies in standard view
Click on the 2nd in the list .

I am not sure why you want to use the outer planets in Vedic astrology .I absolutely resent it when people bring in the outer planets and try to justify a case in vedic astrology . Its criminal .

For KP , you need to change the Ayanamsha to KP first , then on the main screen below the basic information ( where date , time , zone and place is given ) you will find " Key info / houses / Amsa Rulers / Kp " . Go to the KP tab . Your job is done .

Trust this helps,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 21 Apr 2011

[quote="Dinesh.Srivastava"]
BTW ..... tumne unn logo ko bataya nahi ki computer naam ki ek machine ka izzad ho chuka hai aur software naam ki ek pranali ke duara ye sara ganit aasani se kiya jaa sakta hai .... phir kahe ko bachoo ki jaan le rahe hai ?????quote]

my collegue learnt from there. now he says Jyotish is bakwaas. :D . i can imagine the regimen.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 21 Apr 2011

Jupiter Light,

Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan is the best astrology school in the world. Formed by and run under the guidence of Shri K N Rao, its curriculum is the best there is and the research tradition it has established is lauded all over the astro world. Congratulations. :D

And before the 90's there was no other way to calculate except by hand. It is better for an astrologer to know how to do things manually. Because software do make mistakes sometimes. Just think of the days before printed almanacs, :shock: an astrologer had to stand in an open field or elevated ground, watch the sky and calculate everything by hand. That's why they were so few. And in the Chatushpathis (these are places where the chatur Veda was taught - University level) only the best students in mathematics were allowed to take up jyotish.

JHora IMHO is the best software there is, both in respect of accuracy and configurability. Maitreya is also good but is much more unweildey. I think in one of his articles in the JOA, K N Rao ji once mentioned that in a certain case he calculated a dasha by hand and also by JHora and the difference between the two was one day only. That is serious accuracy. This only happens because the creator of JHora, P V Narasimha Rao is both an excellent software engineer and a very learned and brilliant astrologer.

Other very good commercial softwares are Kala, by Ernst Wilhelm and Parashara's Light. I don't know about SJS. But between Kala and PL, I would go for Kala as it is much more adaptable and its Kuta milan is seriously good.

And regarding western and eastern, it is better to know how both systems work. But while predicting using both sayana (tropical) and nirayana (sidereal) zodiacs will only add to the confusion and inaccuracy.

Regarding medical astrology you may investigate the tantrik jyotish system. Their system of dealing with the shatachakra and the 64000 nadis as per the 28 nakshatras is said to be very accurate. I've tried to find those books but am unsuccessful till date.

regards
swamykool
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 21 Apr 2011

Hi all,

Any software that works directly on a mac without bootcamp or parallel desktop?

I tried Das Goravani..but it keeps hanging up the system.

please suggest

sincerely,
Sunny