food

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: food

Post by swamykool » 05 Mar 2012

Dev ji and Anupam ji,

Thanks for your feedback. :D Btw, what I have written is not entirely my innovation/observation. Some of the Indications are given in Sanketanidhi. Also Dr. B V Raman, dealt with taste in food and eating habits in one of his books. But he did this off handedly. BVR strongly opined that eating habits and food preferences are frivolous pursuits and are quite clearly a total waste of time for a serious astrologer. :mrgreen:

Of course I beg to differ on this minor point, I find it rather engaging. :mrgreen: In fact, in my party if most of the guests have Sat aspecting or sitting in their 2nd H, I would be saving a pile on catering bills. 8) :mrgreen:

swamykool

It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Mar 2012

swamykool,

But he did this off handedly. BVR strongly opined that eating habits and food preferences are frivolous pursuits and are quite clearly a total waste of time for a serious astrologer.

It could appear silly, no doubt, but it is important, and when we have not got over our senses, we are still a slave to our senses, it is not wrong to know about it. No one need to go deep into it of course when there are several serious problems that need to be addressed. Anyway most of us are not serious astrologers and some of us not even astrologers but those who like astrology.

Of course I beg to differ on this minor point, I find it rather engaging. In fact, in my party if most of the guests have Sat aspecting or sitting in their 2nd H, I would be saving a pile on catering bills.
Oh saturn has such an effect?

Dev

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 06 Mar 2012

Shani, sparing eater, simple ascetic taste. Does not mind same boring food everyday, does not like to throw dinners. A bit grumpy about food.
Dev ji,

Yeah, ppl with Sat aspecting the 2nd H or L, or in the 2nd H or in the Nk of 2nd L, are pretty easy to please with food. They like simple food and don't eat much. They dislike oily and spicy food and would grumble if you serve them rich fare.

So all in all, these guys are a money saver for parties. :D

swamykool

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 07 Mar 2012

Dear SK,
Mars with the same combo - middling eater, doesn't like to pig out, figure concious, does not like to share food. Gets very angry if someone eats his/her share of goodies.
the above quoted lines are true to the core.... i get mad when anyone takes even a small piece out of my dish.(except my mother) momma s bwwaayyy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jupiter in the 2nd H or aspecting the 2nd H or Lord, or in the Nk of the 2nd Lord - loves to eat. Usually gorges with all the stuff that make doctors swoon.
Again very true to the core here also but i eat in proper proportions.

(Belgium Dark Choc "ICE CREAM" is ma fav
:mrgreen: 8))

Regards
Kunal
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 07 Mar 2012

Hi Kunal :mrgreen:

Yeah, I also have exalted Mars as 2nd L. So if we meet, let's stay out of each other's plates for the sake of peace, health and Medical Insurance. :mrgreen:

As you have pointed out influence of multiple planets on the 2nd H or L or in the Nks of the 2nd L will create mixed effects. These combinations run into hundreds, I have not been able to study even 1% of the possible combinations.

But one particular combination I have studied due to personal reasons. If Sat and Jupi are both connected with the 2nd H or the 2nd L or in the NK of the 2nd L (position, conjunction or aspect) it is imp to study the strength of both the planets. If Sat is stronger, tendency will be towards frugal diet, if Jupi is stronger it will be opposit. But both will have their effect on food habit.

However one trend can be clearly noticed for the above combination. In social dinners or ceremonial dinners, the person is an extremely prim and proper eater. Follows protocol to a T. Will never take more than one or two helpings even if he/she really likes some item. Never voices adverse comments about the cooking, for social events. In private, or in a restaurant when the person is eating at his/her own expense - might go hog crazy if he likes something and seriously overeat. This I have noticed for the combined effects of Sat and Jupi.

swamykool

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 07 Mar 2012

Hi Swamycool:

Yeah, ppl with Sat aspecting the 2nd H or L, or in the 2nd H or in the Nk of 2nd L, are pretty easy to please with food. They like simple food and don't eat much. They dislike oily and spicy food and would grumble if you serve them rich fare.

So all in all, these guys are a money saver for parties.

So make sure u are hosting the party to those who have such a combination and make sure others are absent due to some reason or the other :D . Hope u also include the gochara, not alone in the natal horoscope.
Dev

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 07 Mar 2012

:D :D

swamykool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by swamykool » 22 Apr 2012

A9,

2nd L Sat is in the Nk of Jupi and exalted, so the gluttony. Also Jupi is retro and deb in the Lg, plus aspected by deb mars and sun and retro mer. So these swings. Also Sat with Ketu and aspected by mars makes you dissatisfied with nearly every meal.

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 23 Apr 2012

Very interesting and light topic. I could not resist.

27-Nov 1975, 8:43 AM Lucknow, India.
This chart has Sa as 2L aspecting it directly from 8H.
Mars in 7H also casts full 8th aspect on 2H.

Another chart
27-Jan-1978, 2:45 PM , Lucknow India.
Ma is neecha in 2H and aspected by Sun and Ve from 8H.

SwamyKool,
Please share your reading with respect to eating habits.
I will give you the answer.

Another point I read is people having tamsaic planet aspect or presence in 2H can lead you to eat dirty food/unhygienic food or some things that are not even considered food. Person may eat food found from roadside, from trash or leftovers or from someone's funeral feast. Can't recall the source.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

navall
Contributor
Contributor

Post by navall » 28 Apr 2012

Dear Swamykool ji,

I have retro saturn in 3rd,so connecting to 2nd and 3rd house.

Venus is second lord and exalted in 7th house
Saturn is aspected by 3rd lord Mars
moreover Ven is in sat's Naks

So, overall ,combinations given by u fit to my chart also

I like food of high quality,but at the same time less spicey and oily....indiaction of Venusian influence.
I like food to be presented well
i like more colours to be included in food, like natural colours of fruits entice me.
i like to cook,but when my mood is good

What is ur say.. :)

6 may,1985, 4.15 pm, Ambala,(76.49E ,30.19) india
Warm Regards,

Naval

rajji
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajji » 11 Apr 2022

Bumped!!!

rajji
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajji » 11 Apr 2022

Respected AstroGurus,
Its been quite a while since I last visited Love!
Kindly guide me on how to post new topics as my New Topics aren't getting published over here.
There is an error msg stating in the Subject Bar that there are too few characters in the topic...inspite of filling up the max limit if character count for the same.
Thanks a lot for your Help to feed my soul!

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 12 Apr 2022

Hi,

Please check the post and included work-around information for starting new topics.
https://www.phpbb.lightonvedicastrology ... 13&t=45039
Hope this helps.

Sincerely...