Analysation Of Poorva Punya Sthana

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Rvx
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Analysation Of Poorva Punya Sthana

Post by Rvx » 16 Apr 2018

Rao Sir,
Many many pranams for such an intriguing write up. It was a great journey of reading. I have collected few points and related to my horoscope. However kindly provide your thoughts on the same.

For your reference: My birth details - 15/11/1974 @ 06:38 AM, Bangalore

1. My Kula Devatha: It was told by some priest/astrologer to my father that our forefathers were Worshiping [b]Goddess Durga[/b]. But unfortunately it was stopped down some line. Hence we had all difficulties from Riches to Rags. So I was told to perform [b]Durga Nama Homa[/b]. Things became smooth after this. Therefore is this correct according to my Horoscope?

2. House Devatha: We have Lord Venkateshwara as our house lord, and it was told that down the line our forefathers stopped visiting Tirumala and also didnt performed any pooja where the initial Sankalpa will be done to him. Thus things were Riches to Rags. However now I have been visiting Tirumala at least once in a year, and also performing Homas, Rudrabisheka etc. regularly. Things are looking smooth now.

3. Ishtha Devatha: Why I am so fascinated with Shiva since my childhood. If I recall correctly, I have been reciting 108 times of [b]Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra and Shiva Panchakshari[/b] every day from the age of 8 years. I recall hardly I would have skipped any day. Now its has became a mandatory to do this along with my daily Sandhyavandana.I have so many experiences pertaining to Shiva, and sometimes I feel I am completely surrendered to him.

4. Hanuman: Recently I am very much associated with Hanuman, that lots of difficult situations has just vanished without even noticing it.

Can you please let me know on the above factors related to Devathas?

Regards,
RV

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 16 Apr 2018

You may do Srinivasa tirukalyanam if you wish.

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 16 Apr 2018

Yes Dev Ji,
I have done that as well Srinivasa Kalyanotsavam.

Somehow now planning to donate a good Kalyanotsavam idols of Shiva and will do my first Girija Kalyanotsavam.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 16 Apr 2018

नमः शिवाय!
P.Srinivas. Rao wrote:
22 Jan 2011
Sir, Guru is also called as Deva Guru. He is Guru for all Devathas and hence he is considered as Brahma , Vishnu and Maheshwara. He is the supreme power of OM, that is why in jyothisha he is called as JEEVA KARAKA ( Giver of Jeeva ) athyantha shubha graha.. Shani is JEEVA NASHTA KARAKA ( Taker of jeeva ). That is why it is said in every Jataka Guru should be in good position, he should not be vakra , neecha , dagda. If he is vakra or dagda or neecha , he will make the native to suffer in way or the other. I hope u understand very clearly.
What is this?! I've a notion in the way as follows: I may be wrong or correct Guru anywhere bestows strength & make positives w.r.t. the house it sits, he might be negative, lets say for Libra Ascendant, he's functional malefic, but his natural beneficial qualities will never go! I don't think debilitation of Guru will also be a problem.
One whose Jupiter involves in combustion will undergo many ordeals & this process is also a good one & one gets enhances into a Spiritual realm!
P.Srinivas. Rao wrote:
22 Jan 2011
I refer Navamsha to see whether the native will have ATMA SAKSHATKARA. For that ,one should see Atma karak Ravi in navamsha, he should be in good place in navamsha. Then only the native will attain Atma Sakshathkara.
For Thyaagaraaja swami (Vaaggeyakarta) Sun is debilitated in Navaamsha, he's blessed with Sri Raamachandra murthy darshanam. :D People who can understand Telugu language should know each & every line of his Kruti, it's highly deep. looks so simple! very lively, he has written songs in Samskrutam too! Shows lot of reverence in each & every word!

Regards
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Apr 2018

Rvx,

Then you are doing all this which was left out somewhere by someone in the line. So why you have to worry?
They say if someone has sinned heavily it affects 7 generations down the line.
You will have peace doing all this.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The horoscope as a whole needs to be studied. There are many with debilitated jupiter who are more honest, righteous, dharmic than those with exalted jupiter, I have seen.
It is because debilitated it appears and exalted it appears outwardly but we need to calculate. Similar is the case with other planets.
I have a colleague with several debilitated planets in navamsa but he is doing so well. I am surprised.

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 17 Apr 2018

Yes, since I’ve been told that forefathers had stopped downthe line. Hence I’m doing it. Of course it will or may cleanup the issue. But the core thing for me is how they found the association of Durga, Venkateshwara and my fascination towards Shiva! is very curious.

I don’t have debilitated Jupiter, he is in 4th house (Aquarius) as Vargottama.
But I do have a debilitated Sun, Moon, Rahu and Ketu. However they say it’s got cancelled.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Definitely, it will cleanup the issue.
Just continue worship of istadev and kuldev and all other things that you are already doing now.

Debilitated Sun, Moon especially are not good as they are like the two eyes. But definitely they are not debilitated, they do have cancellation. Otherwise your position would have been weak.

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 17 Apr 2018

Thanks Dev Ji 🙏
Additionally the priest/astrologer told me to wear 2crt of pearl and ruby golden ring on my ring finger. I’ve been wearing it since 2007 and wash it every year in a milk.
So career wise everything happening but very slow. Now my doubt is should I still continue to wear? Wouldn’t that have any I’ll effects during inimical Dasha? Unsure but may be my prayers are countering it!

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 18 Apr 2018

Rvx,
I do not know much about this but someone advised me to wear for jupiter and I wore and am still wearing. I did not remove but dont know what effect it had.
Should we do milk washing for every planet stone or is it for ruby only?
How is your relationship with your parents before and after wearing them?
Your prayers are definitely going to help you. I do not know which dasa you are running. Sun and moon are friendly to mars, jupiter and in these dasas it is good. Mercury too is friendly to sun.
If you are running rahu ketu, I think it may be better not to wear, but consult some expert.

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 18 Apr 2018

Dev,
Yes, someone also advised me to wear Jupiter as Guru is lord of 2nd house [Maraka]. However I simply avoided and started to recite Sri Dakshanamurthy Stotram every day, alternatively gave for 15 Thursday's pooja at Sri Dakshinamurthy Temple which comprises of us to light a lamp and put the Chickpea mala to the Lord. This has provided much relief. Moreover donating the Chickpea to priest/poor will also makes Guru happy.

Washing the ring with milk is just a cleansing to remove the dirt accumulated in the open area which touches our finger. I do this overnight before sleeping by dipping in a small cup, and next day morning I wear it before pooja. However I am not sure with Topaz or Shappire.

It was a little rubbing with them before and I used to shout. After wearing is quite understanding and I really stopped shouts. I lost my dad 8 years ago but he was happy with the changes and my progress.

I am presently under Venus MD and Jup AD.

Rahu Dasa, yes very tricky in every AD. Hence holding the feet of Goddess Durga. So far so good, all obstacles are going above head.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 18 Apr 2018

Rvx,
Jupiter as Guru is lord of 2nd house [Maraka] but I am wearing it. Why you avoided wearing?
Do the priests accept chickpea?

Washing the ring with milk then may be common for all stones..

your rubbing with them may be due to sun and moon being neecha. It got rectified due to bhanga.

For Venus MD and Jup AD, it is advisable to be a strict vegetarian if u are not already one since both are brahmins.

In addition regular prayers to istadev and kuldev and feeding cows will help since it is good way of strenthening jupiter and venus further.

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 19 Apr 2018

Dev,
I avoided the Sapphire due to personal reasons. As I thought it looks embarrassing to have many rings in a hand, and the price. Therefore I thought an alternate remedies, like donating chickpea to priest and given for Masa Shivarathri pooja at Chidambaram etc.

Yes, the priests do accept provided we tell the purpose of donating it.

True, the milk is most auspicious and probably washing must be common. It doesn't impact the Gem as such.

I hope so, the circumstances with parents improved due to neecha bhanga and the combination of the ring I'm wearing.

I'm a vegetarian as I'm into a Brahmin family. It could be any coincidence? Venus in Lagna and Jupiter is Vargottama and both are Brahmins? Not sure... just speculating.

True, but unfortunately here in cities we dont get Cows often and if we go to the Milk vendor to feed them, nowadays they charge Rs.150 per feeding... Unfortunate that it's become a business now.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 23 Apr 2018

Rvx,
Ok, donation and pooja are also important ways of parihara.

Cow milk is the most auspicious and not any other one.

May be neecha bhanga and also the combination of the rings worn by you helped ease situation at family but the effect of wearing rings alone cannot be evaluated exactly in terms of percentage, I think.

Yes, Venus and jupiter are brahmins and following vegetarianism strictly important in such cases.

Yes everything is business nowadays. Honesty has declined to such low levels that one cannot imagine.

Dev