Remedies for Muslim and Christian believers in astrology

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Remedies for Muslim and Christian believers in astrology

Post by shilpa » 25 Dec 2010

Dear all,

I know someone who is a Muslim, believer in astrology and needs to be offred remedies.
Much as he believes in astrology and is quite a moderate person...it will be a stretch too far to expect him to do Poojans

What type of remedies can he offer for various planets?

Generally does anyone has experience in recommending remedies to Muslim and Christians?

Regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Remedies for Muslim and Christian believers in astrology

Post by shilpa » 25 Dec 2010

kakasya wrote:Hi shilpa
Generally Christians aren't interested in rituals. They like principles more, so I emphasize love and such things. Catholics are used to ritual and take to it better.
But I think just the bare awareness of the problem areas is useful. Krsnamurti said seeing is doing and Buddhists would say, unless its really a problem, that it would be even better NOT to do anything, not to try change things. They change anyway. So to accept that karma and allow it to exhaust itself with mindfulness. This is focusing on the cause of the disease, not the symptoms.
Still, everyone has place for some sort of ritual. Depends on the person. And the problem.

kakasya
Dear Kakasya,
Thx for your thoughts.
It's interesting I thought Catholics was a subset of Christianity, Potestants being the other major subset and a numbe rof other minor sects.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 25 Feb 2021

Hi,

Please refer to Verse 50, Chapter 26 of the book, Phaladeepika. The translation is as follows.

"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains his baser instincts."

IMHO this advice can is applicable to everyone irrespective of their religious affiliations.

Regards,
KMD

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 14 Apr 2021

Hi,

There's this concept of punishing oneself to avert or reduce the impact of greater problems which folks from any background may apply.

In South India especially, there's the tradition of doing pradikshina (going clockwise around the temple), not by walking but rolling on the ground to punish oneself and propitiate the deity.

In the book, "Autobiography of a Yogi", Paramahansa Yogananda narrates an incident of Babaji Maharaj (his Guru's Guru's Guru) who branded a disciple with hot iron to avert a greater calamity wherein that devotee was destined to die in a burning house.

Personally, whenever certain of my activities seem to face delay (which I figure is because of Saturn), I pick up a broom and sweep in and around the house (even though I can afford to hire people to do it). In the society I live in, people are likely to comment saying, "why is this 'yajamaan' doing menial work?"! I feel, Saturn is propitiated and the delays are mitigated.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."