Aditya Hridayam

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Aditya Hridayam

Post by sonali.shah » 03 Oct 2010

Dear Rita ,

I've been chanting this stotram for the past several months and this has benefited me immensely.
Of course, there have been minor setbacks - but I strongly believe that these would have been major had I not regularly chanted this stotra. My mom used to tell me to chant this when I was a kid, but I was too busy debunking our vedic sampradayam then.

The power of this stotram can be understood when one reads Ramayana. Shri Rama, an incarnation of Shri Vishnu, had to recite this thrice to gain the strength to defeat Ravana. Praying to Aditya generally gives us vitality...one does not feel tired easily.

RV Ramanan Sir had suggested me to chant Shri Agastyo Bhagavan Rishihih thrice before this stotram.

If only I can focus and chant this with full faith, I believe I would be at peace. Prapatti.com has a very good mp3 (recited by Sundar Kidambi).

I wish you the very best with this stotram. May the grace of Aditya shine upon you.

-SS

astrosonu wrote:Dear Rita,

Sun is the source of vitality. Without vitality the body ceases to function in a perfect way. So, the prayer eradicates all obstacles arising in providing the vitality to the native, thereby erasing all diseases as well.

To be specific, Sun rules the stomach area and the bones. So, these areas become better.

Regards
Sonu
rita wrote:Hi all,

I'm very much interested in knowing what health benefits people have experienced after reciting Adityam Hridayam stotra. Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Rita

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 05 Oct 2010

Hi Sonali,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience of chanting the Aditya Hridayam stotra. I have suffered from stomach and lung problems all my life therefore I am hoping that it can be a remedy particularly for those health issues.

I will defintely look up the MP3 you mentioned.

Many thanks.

Rita
Warm Regards

Rita

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 05 Oct 2010

Dear Rajithaji,

Though theres no harm in chanting it in the night, certainly the time of sunrise and sunset are preferable to yield faster results.

Regards,
RAMANAN

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 07 Oct 2010

Dear Rajitha Ji

SOmehow plan your time so that you chant at least once preferably in the morning in your pooja room with full concentration. It doesnt help to chant while you are driving, initially. But there are people who continuosly keep chanting it the whole day. For them that is ok. It has got imbibed in them and even when they are doing something else it keeps on repeating from within. One example is

Former India opening batsman Krishnamachari Shrikant. I remember to have read this somewhere.

Regards
ramanan

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 07 Oct 2010

This posture will only fetch you more problems. For any kind of pooja Asana Shuddhi is a must.
rajitha wrote:Thanks for your patient replies.

I do that with Vishnu Sahasranamam but only when I am very hard pressed for time. Otherwise, I sit on the sofa and recite it.

Nitin21

Dear Ramanan,

One of the benefits of recitations of SVS is that it enhances the karakatwa of Mercury for the person. Whereas I saw Kris Srikanth never had a flow for speech. He very often repeated words while commentating and was hard pressed on innovative proverbs and ideas in commentary box too.

What you mentioned as imbibed in the person, we call it as "Aharanish". i.e. It justs flows in the system. IMO Sacred Shlokas like SVS should never get Aharanish for Karma yogis. Because chanting it any moment any time induces ashuddhi and also reduces the punya.

There are some of the small stutis like "Shri Venkateshaya Namah", "Shri Trivikramaya Namaha" that can be chanted anytime anyhow. But not SVS. However, please correct me If I am wrong.

Regards
Sonu

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Sonu,

I was referring to Aditya Hridayam and not SVS, which enhanced Srikanth's will to face Malcolm Marshal or blast Imran Khan. I was not referring to SVS at all. So no question of Mercury here. My write-up was only about Aditya Hridayam and not SVS.

Trust this clarifies.

Regards,
RAMANAN

Nitin21

Dear Ramanan,

My apologies for the error. But even for Aditya Hridayam, I guess the same thing applies. It is a very sacred Shloka. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Sonu

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Sonu,

Theres no doubt about the sanctity of any stotra and I fully agree with u that it has to be chanted properly in every respect. But if a person is unable to manage his/her time due to so many reasons then chanting it in some way or the other is better than not chanting at all. That is why I normally dont advise very strict adherence. But, I will tell u my experience. Once a person starts chanting regularly then the interest he gains will slowly make him plan his schedule so that his chanting becomes perfect in every respect. I shall here below give the schedule of one of my friends who when started SVS was very hapazard. No parents, her husband passed away, 2 kids, one very young, works as a school teacher between 8-4, take tutions between 5-8, no servant maid in the house, chants SVS both morning and in the night only after head bath. And, she is absolutely not worried about anything under the sun. She was very gloomy and despondent initially. Very reluctant to even start chanting. She was literally fed up bcos she lost her parents and husband in a span of 5yrs. Amazing thing is that, she managed to give it a shot and SVS has taken over her. So, I personally feel if somebody can make a start and hang on for sometime then God will take over.

Trust this clarifies.

Regards,
RAMANAN

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 08 Oct 2010

No special requirements. Just buy a new asana and keep it aside only for Japas and poojas. Sit on the floor on the asana and not on a height. Try facing East or North-east while doing Japas. In case you feel the surroundings are not so clean, chant this stotra 11-21 times before proceeding for any Japa.

"Atineela Ghanshyamam Nalanayit Lochanam, smarami pundarikaksham ten snaot bhavamyaham". Recite this also while you are taking bath. This is for Atma Shuddhi.

When you recite SVS, Imagine Lord Vishnu and Maata Laxmi in the heart of Shri Hanuman. This will elevate your pooja status. Vayu is the Mukhya Prana without which nothing is possible. And Shri Hanuman is Vayu incarnation. Sri Rama and Sri Krishna both had services of Vayu in the form of Hanumanji and Bheemsen. Shri Vishnu pooja is half without Vayu archana.

Preferably you should be in white clothes while you do the archana, if you want to proceed on gnana marga. For Rajasik desires, Red works well.

If you are not in the proper asana and above mentioned mode (like driving etc), recite the name of Shri Vishnu in Shri Venkatesha and Shri Trivikrama avatara. "Shri Venkateshaya/Trivikramaya Namah" is best to do.

The Bhava is very important. At the same time, it is essential that Shuchi/Ashuchi related precautions are also followed, as much as possible. During emergencies, Lord gives an exception. But the emergencies should be real emergencies only and not routine mismanagement of time or events.

This is to ensure that you get Purna fal of your Japa and do not incur any doshas alongside the punya you gain.

Last but not the least, do ask for forgiveness at the end of the Japas. The almighty is Karunasagar. You can rest assured leave the results to him.

rajitha wrote:Sonu,
Then, what is the best asana for this? You know in US, we don't have pooja rooms. So, kindly guide me as to the best way to do this.

Also, as Ramananji said, my main intention is to chant SVS atleast once every day. I have managed to do it without fail for the last 4.5 years.

Please guide me about the right way of doing this.

KRN

Post by KRN » 09 Oct 2010

Dear Ramananji and Astrosonu,

Would you consider the recitation of SVS beneficial for Mercury-related matters only? I'm asking this because in many websites I see it prescribed for Budha dosha parihara. Whereas in some astrological books published in South India I have seen it prescribed for Guru Dosha. Please share your thoughts on this.

Thank you,
KRN

[quote="astrosonu"]Dear Ramanan,

One of the benefits of recitations of SVS is that it enhances the karakatwa of Mercury for the person. Whereas I saw Kris Srikanth never had a flow for speech. He very often repeated words while commentating and was hard pressed on innovative proverbs and ideas in commentary box too.

Regards
Sonu[/quote]

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 09 Oct 2010

dear krn

Vishnusahasranama is for mercury only. But because of its sanctity maybe somebody might have prescribed it for other planets as well. But all in all its a great stotra and you will definitely see good results if you chant it.

Regards
ramanan

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 21 Oct 2010

Dear Ramanan Sir,

Can I recite Surya Gayatri mantram as well? Can you educate me on the rules for reciting this mantram?

Om Bhaskaraya Vidmahe
Diwakaraya Dee mahi
Thanno Surya Pracodayatha!

Nandri :)

-SS
R V RAMANAN wrote:Dear Sonali

Since sun signifies the will of an individual it being debilitated in Libra can cause a bit of lapse in focussing. But as you go along persistently things will ease out soon. Before beginning to chant Aditya Hrudaya say "OM AGASTHYO BHAGAWAN RISHIHI" thrice and start reciting. This helps.

Regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 21 Oct 2010

Dear sonali ji

why nandri and all that'. The rules are very simple. It should be chanted after a bath facing east by giving argya (water) to sun god 21 times.

Chanting it on a river bed or on the seashore gives extra ordinary results.

Trust this helps

shukriya

ramanan

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 23 Oct 2010

Dear Ramanan Sir,

I was just trying out my new hobby tamil when I said nandri. I hope I did not offend you.
Thank you for the procedure. I will get to it ASAP.

R V RAMANAN wrote:Dear sonali ji

why nandri and all that'. The rules are very simple. It should be chanted after a bath facing east by giving argya (water) to sun god 21 times.

Chanting it on a river bed or on the seashore gives extra ordinary results.

Trust this helps

shukriya

ramanan

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 23 Oct 2010

You have offended him again by saying thank you :D

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 23 Oct 2010

dear chaks

why this SINDU MUDINJIFYING. :D :D

COOL SONALI JI NO PROBS ,WHY SHUD I BE OFFENDED

by chaks c u soon

regards
ramanan

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 24 Oct 2010

Hello Ramananji,

I hope you can clarify somethings for me. Sometime ago I was asked to chant Aditya hridyam- I do it every sunday only and not more often. I was not sure why as my saturn is deb. it being in Krittika nakshatra & also because sun is in my 5th house. Is it for me to chant Aditya hrdya?

I also chant vishnu sahasranam now & then. I chant durga stuti everyday. However, I do all of that with a thread of skepticism - I don't feel the pull or the sense of devotion and faith that I should have. It is more the case of doing because it should be done/ it will be good for me or I will get something or I can appease the negative configurations in my horoscope.
I don't feel good doing that but I tell myself that this is a lot better than previous time periods when I did not do anything other than occasional temple visits. So I continue.

Reading Ramayan makes me feel much better as I read the transaltions along with and the dialogues or the conversations move me. The beautiful poetry and the play of words attracts me more.

At this point, I am searching for the right mantra that will bring faith and peace to my mind.

Thanks!

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 24 Oct 2010

Dear Hina Ji

I can understand your plight. As you have said that you enjoy reading ramayana please read that alone and in between reading just reflect on what you have read or simply chant RAMA with all your heart.

You can for the time being dispense away with everything else.

When you start to feel the grace of one god (RAMA) faith will slowly set in. Once that happens then you will really chant the slokas with the right perspective.

Please note that "fear of god " is the most loathesome expression.

Do this and see the difference in you in a couple of months.

warm regards
ramanan

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zarna » 11 Jan 2011

Respected astrologers,
Pls guide me for my son.
He has tula surya in 6th with shukra & budha,shani in 5th being lord of 9th & 10th.(vrishibh lagna)
He is only 1 yr old & after reading threads n about Aditya hridayam,I decided to make him reciting the same.Should I recite instead of him now for his health?I read somewhere in this thread tht apart from shani being 10th lord should recite this stortra.Pls guide.
Waiting for your valuable guidance.
Jay shree krishna,
Zarna
Jai shree krishna

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Jan 2011

Hi Zarna:

You can recite Aditya Hrudayam on his behalf but make him listen to it so that when he is 3 or 4, he can recite himself without mistakes. Asl him also to watch the sun and pray to him. If u start now, then he can continue when he can recite by himself and then his sun will get strenthened for sure.

Dev

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zarna » 11 Jan 2011

Thank you Dev ji.
I will follow it for sure.One small question...Is debilitated sun affects the father-son relationship?
It's stated in remedies of Sun to serve father,give respect etc.Wht if a child away from father?Will reciting stotra(by me)resolve this too?
I am thankful to you again..
Jay shree krishna,
Zarna
Jai shree krishna

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Jan 2011

Hi Zarna:

It is not true. My elder sister has debilitated sun but the person whom she loved the most was my father.
In fact saturn is even aspecting the sun. So it is not necessary that he should have problems with father. Sun can cause problems with eyes, wearing spex very soon, it can cause lack of boldness in the individual and so on. They may not be dashing and may not like leadership roles at all. U also need to look for neecha bhanga. But u see, u are going to start attempting remedies when he is just one year old. So definitely the lengthy prayers would help him since by the time he goes to college and in search of a profession, he would have performed lot of parihara(if he listens to u and does parihara).
It is nice that u are wanting to start the pariharas immediately. It would definitely help :lol: .
Dev

Zarna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zarna » 12 Jan 2011

Okey...I dont know much astrology as whatever I learned is by reading online forums/threads etc.& somewhere I read tht Sun remedies.Actually wanted to put his birth details bt i dont want tht till he is of 5.(this too I read somewhere)No neechbhanga as there is no planets in 12th bhava(I know lil bit of jyotish).Actually at first site when I looked at his kundli,I found debilitated mars(3rd),jupiter(9th),sun so was worrying a lot bt then I keep trust on God as if I make him(if possible otherwise his destiny)to walk in the path of God,God will survive him no matter what...
anyways..thanks for your kind of response.
Jay shree krishna,
Regards,
Zarna
Jai shree krishna