Aditya Hridayam

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor
Aditya Hridayam

Post by sonali.shah » 11 May 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has benefitted from reciting this great mantra, the eternal secret revealed to Shri Rama by Maharishi Agastya during the yuddha with Ravana. If someone has real-life examples to share, it'll be enlightening.

Regards,

SS
Last edited by sonali.shah on 08 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Aditya Hridayam

Post by R V RAMANAN » 14 May 2010

Dear Sonali

Since sun signifies the will of an individual it being debilitated in Libra can cause a bit of lapse in focussing. But as you go along persistently things will ease out soon. Before beginning to chant Aditya Hrudaya say "OM AGASTHYO BHAGAWAN RISHIHI" thrice and start reciting. This helps.

Regards
ramanan

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 14 May 2010

Dear Mr. Ramanan,

Thanks for your input. Yes, my focus is extremely weak, but by God's grace, I've done well so far.

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 19 May 2010

Dear All,

I am already seeing tremendous benefits of reciting this mantram. All obstacles are vanishing by HIS grace.
My focus is still weak at work. Hopefully, that'll improve as well.

harih
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harih » 24 May 2010

Hi Sonali,

I chant this gem of a stotra daily in the mornings, and I have benefited tremendously therein.

1) It gives us robust health and energy. I had severe breathing problems earlier, which has drastically come down after I started this practice. I find I get a lot of energy to carry out tiresome activities without taking any rest in the day.
2) It gives us a lot of confidence and positivity, and every morning we feel as if ready to face any challenge in life, with a smiling face.
3) It helps us develop some aura, which is noticed by people around us. You start getting more recognition from people, than you used to, earlier. Strangers will start smiling at you more often and everywhere you will be treated in a dignified manner than before.
4) A certain amount of improvement in concentration and intelligence could be noticed, possibly the direct result of chanting this.
5) It has been said to be of tremendous benefit in one's career front.

Of course there would be many more benefits, depending on the position and lordship of Sun in your chart.

As the phalasruti says, chanting it thrice a day helps us overcome enemies.
You can pray to the great Lord Surya to help you overcome the distracting thoughts affecting your concentration.

I have decided to continue with this practice throughout the rest of my life. My only regret now is that had I started it some time earlier, when I was suffering from various trials and tribulations in my personal and professional life, I would have been better enabled to face them.

Thanks for asking this question.
Regards
Hari

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 May 2010

Yes, it is very powerful, I have been chanting it quite regularly since more than 6 months and find considerable improvement is my concentration, will power and I dont fear enemies, they dont come to me and people dont talk ill of me and it improves the health also, u can also say om adityaya namaha, suryaya namaha, bhanave namaha, surya narayanaya namaha and bhaskaraya namaha, each 3 times offering water to sun anytime in the morning or afternoon say after 7am till say 3pm. That will help strengthen ur sun also.

Dev

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 25 May 2010

Dear Hari and Dev,

Thanks for responding. I have some more questions:

As the mantra says "Etat Trigunitam Japtvaa..." - should we recite it thrice to see the benefits? If yes, then should it be said continuously. There are some days when I just say it once.

I agree with Hari, should have started this very early in life, just ignored mom's advice.

My focus is still poor....hopefully, Aditya will bless me with focus and concentration.

Om Adityaya Namaha!

Sonali
Last edited by sonali.shah on 08 Jun 2010, edited 2 times in total.

arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arjunprabhu84 » 25 May 2010

l
Last edited by arjunprabhu84 on 15 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 May 2010

hi Sonali:

It is enough to chant once.

Apart from Saturn being 10th lord, sun naturally is a karak for profession and confidence and so with regular chanting, concentration would increase a lot. On sundays, u could chant it 10 or 18 times to get even better concentrations. You can also do some dhyana apart from this.

Dev

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 26 May 2010

Thanks Dev!

harih
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harih » 04 Jun 2010

Hello Sonali,

To quickly see the benefits, I'd suggest reciting it 9 times or 12 times a day. The significance of 12 lies in the fact that there are 12 Adityas (Dwadasaatman namo'stu te") and you would be pleasing them all (by which you'd see all-round improvement). In my experience, chanting it 12 times would take not less than 50 minutes. And it should be read continuously. If you can't do it on other days, at least on Sundays in the early mornings, you should follow this.

I have specially mentioned this, since you mentioned that your Sun is debilitated and would possibly require a 'strong dose' that would give quick results while simultaneously inspiring you to continue with the practice.

For your Yogakaraka Shani, the traditional practice is chanting Hanuman chalisa 11 times (as Hanuman is considered the 11th Avatar of Rudra). In my experience hI ave found that, by chanting it 11 times together, the effects of Shani has improved to a large extent.

harih
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harih » 04 Jun 2010

Dear Arjun Prabhu,

As I am not an astrologer, I cannot suggest remedies for the problems you might be facing in your life.

However from experience, I'd heartily recommend chanting the holy Aditya Hridayam (12 times) and Hanuman chalisa (11 times) continuously, at least for a month regularly.

Unlike gemstones, worshipping Gods (in a regular routine) would only benefit you, in anyway you look at it. Hope this helps.

Hari

arjunprabhu84
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arjunprabhu84 » 04 Jun 2010

Thanx Buddy,

I will start the Hanuman Chalisa from today night itself

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 08 Jun 2010

Hari,

Thanks much. I have tremendous focus issues even while reciting one time....I doubt whether I'll be able to focus upon Surya while reciting it 12 times. Mind moves from one topic to another in seconds. Sometimes while reciting, I start thinking about work or friends or some random things. Then I chastise myself...but it happens every day. Some people have recommended Dhyaana, but I just can't focus. Thanks again for your response.

harih wrote:Hello Sonali,

To quickly see the benefits, I'd suggest reciting it 9 times or 12 times a day. The significance of 12 lies in the fact that there are 12 Adityas (Dwadasaatman namo'stu te") and you would be pleasing them all (by which you'd see all-round improvement). In my experience, chanting it 12 times would take not less than 50 minutes. And it should be read continuously. If you can't do it on other days, at least on Sundays in the early mornings, you should follow this.

I have specially mentioned this, since you mentioned that your Sun is debilitated and would possibly require a 'strong dose' that would give quick results while simultaneously inspiring you to continue with the practice.

For your Yogakaraka Shani, the traditional practice is chanting Hanuman chalisa 11 times (as Hanuman is considered the 11th Avatar of Rudra). In my experience hI ave found that, by chanting it 11 times together, the effects of Shani has improved to a large extent.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 24 Jul 2010

Dear Jetavan

It is better to chant it in sanskrit. However good a translation may be it will still miss the rhythm and the meter in which the original sloka was written and that matters a lot.

regards
ramanan

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 29 Jul 2010

Dear Rajitha

You can chant Aditya Hridaya stotra by Sage Agastya.

Visit the following link

http://www.hindudevotionalblog.com/2008 ... s-and.html

regards
ramanan

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 02 Aug 2010

Respected Ramananji,
I am contemplating listening and recitation of the Aditya Hridayam Stotra. However before I start , I wanted to ensure that it is suitable for me.
Sir , please could you tell me if recitation of this stotra would suit me ?
The reason I am asking this is - I do not want to strengthen some unwanted aspect of my chart by reciting this without understanding it's implications.

My main concern is career and it's related worries.
My details are - .....................................

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
Last edited by spidey on 12 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 02 Aug 2010

Dear Spidey,

Go ahead and start chanting the stotra and it will do a lot of good to u. Pls note that chanting any sloka will never strengthen any unwanted or negative aspect of anyone's chart.

Regards,
Ramanan

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 02 Aug 2010

Thanks a lot Ramanan ji :)
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 27 Aug 2010

Dear Guruji,

Do we need an initiation to chant Aditya Hridyam?I tried to find on internet and some people say that it should be initiated by a guru,then only it gives benefits.I have lots of health problems and my eyes are getting weak.Please guide me in this matter.
Thanks

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 27 Aug 2010

Dear sg07,

If u cannot get hold of somebody to initiate u visit a temple of shridi saibaba or dattatreya or adi shankara or raghavendra or if possible agasthiya and prostrate before them with a prayer to accept u and initiate u. With all the reverence to them start chanting this sloka. U can reap immense benefits.

Regards,
RAMANAN

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 27 Aug 2010

Dear all,

Aditya Hridayam is a stotra not mantra. Anyone can recite it without initiation from a Guru. However, initiation gives better results.A Guru here for initiation may not be a highly qualified pontiff or a realised soul. A Brahmin Priest performing daily duties in a temple, can initiate you into the Stotra. Take a sankalpa from the Priest and get started. Do not forget dakshina to the Brahmin and taking his blessings. Hope this helps.

I have never recited this stotra but seeing your results, I am keen on this.

Regards
Sonu

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 28 Aug 2010

Thanks to Ramananji and AstroSonuji for the advice.I''m in US right now so I can go to Sai baba temple today and take the initiation there.I wished it could be done for other mantras as well.Because in today's world it is so difficult to find a guru so there are mantras that we can chant but can't because of the initiatilon issue.
Thanks

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 28 Aug 2010

Call me outdated buddy. But you cannot go to Sai baba temple for Vedic rituals.
sg07 wrote:Thanks to Ramananji and AstroSonuji for the advice.I''m in US right now so I can go to Sai baba temple today and take the initiation there.I wished it could be done for other mantras as well.Because in today's world it is so difficult to find a guru so there are mantras that we can chant but can't because of the initiatilon issue.
Thanks