Aditya Hridayam

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Aditya Hridayam

Post by Dev » 12 Jan 2011

Okay, Zarna fine. Your approach is right. Till he is 5, it is better not to see the horoscope. Also u dont have to worry about debilitation since there could be neechabhanga. But it is better not to see now.
You may continue to pray to Gow whom u like. The intensity of prayers, if u increase, that would help.
Good luck,

Dev

sanjayk1265
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanjayk1265 » 12 Jan 2011

Dear Friends,
-I am a hindu & so called brahmin,in treta yug there was 1 brahmin he was ravan now all brahmins are ravan evidence ,in district jail in my district lakhimpur kheri UP 60% inmates are brahmin out of them 80% dowary case. :o :shock:
-There is no rules & regulations for prayer.Suppose I am in toilet suddenly some mantra came in my mind is it a sin?
-To quantify power of different mantras is our ego.
-Simple name RAM is enough that don’t require any rule.
-Freewill can be used for prayers only I will not say spirituality because that is very heavy word.
-Talk about cow: All bulls for agriculture work are sterilized they feel pain .I have not heared any hindu opposed it.
-Hindus are confused they can not accept 1 god & that is RAM.So many gurus doing their business because they know we are confused.
-Astrology can be used for aptitute test of students to advise them right profession.
-Astrology can be applied to know the way how to reduce our debts from previous birth it is not for fortune telling & advising remedies for material benefits.
-It is good to suffer rather than take remedy & increase debt, pain killer can suppress the pain but can not remove the pain.
-Regular prayer short or long without specific intention or as a habit is very good.
-Gita is mix of gyan yog & karma yog ,in kalyug gyan will creat ego karma will creat desire of fruit.
-Ramcharit Manas is mix of bhakti yog & prem yog that will creat peace & happiness so go for it . Once somebody asked to Surdas that who is great you or Tulsidas,Surdas said I am writting only poems but in Ramcharit Manas every chaupai is mahamatra.Tulsidas was knowing that in kalyug people are not able to understand correct meaning of vedas & gita.That is the reason Lord Shiva greatest devotee of RAM advised to Tulsidas to write in hindi.Now it is available in all languages.Only mothertounge can creat the right feeling.Sanskrit is not mothertounge of any hindu.Hence if i am lost in translation how the feeling of mantra will come. :?
-Very important don't take life so serious.Whatever has to happen that will happen no body can stop.
-And last:
“Ramaiya ki dulhin lootai bazzar” :roll:
(The wife of RAM means maya running the market)
Cheers
Sanjay Kumar
If you can not ignore an insult laugh at it, if you can not laugh at it you probably deserved it.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 16 Apr 2012

Hi Atul:

Chanting it in the day time or in the afternoon alone is beneficial since it is on sun God who sets off in the evening time. Anyway the sloka has around 20 stanzas and is very simple, it would hardly take 10 to 15 minutes if u learn it by heart.

Dev

netpk

Post by netpk » 21 Sep 2012

Hello friends,
I wanted to start a new topic but I think as this thread is for "Aditya Hridayam Strotram" I'll stick to it.

I am Hindu, Punjabi brahmin living in North India, but I came across "Aditya Hridayam Strotram" only a few months back, and was looking for Audio to listen to proper version and learn it, and guess what I found
2 versions for my purpose on Flipkart, I used flipkart for a lot of devotional music purchases and was surprised and delighted to see that they even have very rare collections of strotra and jaaps too.

Most of devotional collection is available per track basis and I personally feel one should buy the music legitimately and not download off any internet pirate distributing music, if its un-available one could share but distributing pirated music and saying I am doing a good act is not towards my liking.
That's my personal understanding please don't take it personally or a reason to flame, and ofcourse I don't work for flipkart or any other store.

In the end All those who are looking for "Aditya Hridayam Strotram" flipkart is one stop to grab it without the need to waste hours and hours of Internet search.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Sep 2012

mrk51:

I will give my opinion as follows. You can seek others opinions too.

I feel that Aditya hrudayam can be chanted by non Hindus and also by ladies but preferably in the day time after bath and after sunrise.
Your faith is more important than your being a nonHindu.
If you are not exposed to sanskrit, it is better to learn from a guru.
Also you can also chant in a vaishnavite family.
It may not be easy for you to just listen and learn, better to learn from a guru.
But try to be a vegetarian. If you are eating beef, it is better not to chant.
Also, for ladies, they should not chant during their periods time for those 3 days.
Dev

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 27 Jun 2021

Dear All,

I would like to share an interesting titbit that I had read on this great stotra.

A great saint has mentioned that the six verses in this stotram, starting with "Nakshatragrahataraanaam...." are supposed to have mantra shakti.

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 28 Jun 2021

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Please let us know the Mahatma you're referring to.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."