Going to start upavas, kindly guide

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
jravi
Going to start upavas, kindly guide

Post by jravi » 03 Mar 2021

Namaste,

My DOB is Oct 31st 1971, 2:35 PM, Chennai, India.

I have Sun in debility in 9th house, placed in Swathi (Rahu nakshatra) in the Rasi chakra.

I believe this combination means Pitru Dosha, a spiritually gifted person also recently confirmed me about Pitr Dosha in my chart.

Now, I want to start fasting (upavas) to rectify this dosha.

Kindly see that in my D-60 chart too (Sashtyamsa), Sun is held in Makara (Capricorn) whose lord retrograde Saturn is placed in sign of debility Aries while Rahu is placed in Kanya (Virgo) the 9th house from this Sun - therefore I am vigorously also praying to Adisesha and Lord Narayana (Ranganatha) reciting Vishnu Sahasranama each day and asking for remedy from Pitr Dosha.

Now if I have to observe full day fast, which day would learned astrologers suggest, that may work best for my Pitr Dosha?

I can do it on Tuesday or Saturday every week, and I intend to do it for 1 whole year, trying the very best.

Kindly advice which day and how long to keep upavas for my Pitr Dosha.

Thanks,

jravi

jravi

Re: Going to start upavas, kindly guide

Post by jravi » 13 Mar 2021

Any takers please? Need your kind guidance in remedying my pitru dosha.

rohitahuja
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Going to start upavas, kindly guide

Post by rohitahuja » 23 May 2021

Dear
I am not much knowledgeable about checking pitru dohsa , but i want you to understand one thing , the if you are going for upavas dont do it the faking way ( what i mean is that some people use to eat fruits and say they have upavas , you should know that in Hora shastra Upavas meant water fasting the entire day and chanting the mentra to suppress the craving for food, This is highly beneficial you will see the result within 2 months only.

I have also gone through highest 21 continuous day water fast while chanting mercury mantra, it gave me remarkable results which changed my life so drastically that people here might not believe. Anyway you should get started with the plan you have it is highly beneficial.