Academic question - worship of venus to avoid death/death like situations

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
abhi8492i
Academic question - worship of venus to avoid death/death like situations

Post by abhi8492i » 10 Jul 2020

Hello learned members.

Vedic culture is so extensive, and yet so nunaced, I'm often amazed. Its like something bigger than MCU, created thousands of years ago, and with possibility to stay in synchronization with future events/avoiding plot-holes even before they occur.

Case in point - I'm sure many of you are aware of this, and I don't know if its been discussed before, but here's the thing: we all agree that Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu reign over everyone's fate. They can overrule what planets has in store for any person. They even supersede normal gods and demons too, used to worship lord Shiva at times to acquire their powers.

There's a story in Vedic Literature that Gods and Demons used to constantly fight each other. Vicious fights would end in brutal deaths for both sides. Once, their respective gurus - Brihspati and Shukracharya went to Lord Shiva, to gain knowledge of how to overturn death, since Shiva is kaal of the kaal -The Mahakaal himself. He has the power to destroy, AND the power to prevent that destruction.

A lot of stuff happens in between; cowardice, treachery of Devraj Indra, espionage and sabotage, love and devotion, but in the end - Shukracharya prevails and passes the test of great lord Shiva. Who in turn teaches him the ultimate secret of preventing, even overturning death - The great "Mritsanjeevni Mantra"

Fast forward to vedic astrology and a few weeks ago, I realized an amazing thing. In the Kundali of Kalpurush, which has ascendant as Aries, both the marak houses are controlled by Shukra - the Venus. He controls death of the great Kalpurush himself!

Of course, depending on different ascendants, Shukra has different responsibilities, but what I am trying to say ultimately is this: I've seen many recommendations of Vishnu Sahastranaam, Gaytri mantra, maha mrityunjay stotra and planet-specific mantras and remedies in this forum. But does anyone know of any stotra that was created/written by Shukracharya, in service of lord Shiva(or any one else he respected)? Could that not be considered a great preventive measure to escape death/death like situations for ALL ascendants? Does anyone have any knowledge or pointers on that?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Abhi

MrHelios

Re: Academic question - worship of venus to avoid death/death like situations

Post by MrHelios » 26 Jul 2020

Dear Abhi,

first of all it's a very interesting question - we all wonder what the great unknown holds and what lies behind the veil of death and whenever we're faced with something like that we feel uncertain and somewhat afraid, which is normal. Now to your question, I am going to give my own private opinion which may differ from what the conventional understanding is, but I hope that you will find it useful somehow.

First of all, I believe it is a strong misconception that is possibly propagated strongly by a certain percentage of astrologers who're *only* after people's money, that planets are somehow responsible for determining your fate, and that they might have some sort of conscious power over it this way or the other. In my view this is absolute nonsense that is both illogical and contradictory, and also gives rise to hundreds, if not thousands of superstitions that are nothing more than that - just fancy beliefs. In fact, I believe that planets are somewhat like big, almost unlimited quantum computers or storehouses of information that merely store information about a certain person, then process it and deliver the response when it's time. This is the easiest analogy I came up with. Your physical existence depends on the amount of information stored in these "computers", because once it is exhausted there is nothing which will provide material for you to exist in the material world as it is. This "information" is what we call Karma, good or bad or whatever. In other words, that action which is not a reaction, but a consequence of your own action is your karma, and the root or the first act of separation of matter came as a consequence of "desire" of the Divine to exist which is highly philosophical and we're not going to go into that in detail because everyone has their own views and explanations which is okay too.

To continue with the topic, for a person to face any situation, especially something so drastic as death or life-threatening situations there can be multiple reasons. For example, if a person's karma is spent, that person will die because there is nothing more that can produce and manifest as material existence for him/her; a person's death can be caused intentionally as a punishment for a past sin, or it can even be meant to liberate a soul because there is only a little evil karma left for them so that death is like a compensation. We can go on with this list of possible causes for a long time, and to generalize it all into a single bunch as a question of mere longevity is outright a cardinal mistake in my humble opinion. Unless someone is a highly advanced spiritual practitioner such as an accomplished Yogi or mystic and can take one look at you and tell your past, present and future without planets, stars or whatever - I don't think any astrologer, or anyone else no matter how advanced they are, can for sure tell you about the exact moment of your passing or anything like that. At best, we can do guesswork and estimate using some known astrological techniques about longevity which - from experience - are never totally precise.

In light of what I wrote before, I do not wish to get into religious subjects such as you mentioned, because for a Shakti based ideology, your beliefs are nonsense. For you, their beliefs about who governs what may also be nonsense and we can go on forever like that, because we're all basing our assumptions on beliefs and not facts. For that reason, it's wiser to think in terms of matter, energy, cause, relation and effect - so that we avoid all philosophical clashing and whatnot.

To conclude, I would say that you yourself are sort of responsible for practically everything that happens to you one way or another, because the circumstances that you were born in, and the times you are living in are perfectly calculated and suited to your past accumulated karma, and whatever happens to you which is beyond your conscious control is a direct experience of that past karma. In order to "prevent" death or life-threatening accidents one would do best to analyze deeply their past deeds, their accumulated karma and then see if there is some particular reason that a person should face an untimely or an unnatural death - and then see that that karma gets countered or eliminated somehow. In fact, when a person even "repents" or prays simply, it's not that the supposed other side miraculously changes the laws of physics for them instantly and saves their life. In my view, the penance or prayers that are performed generate in the spiritual heart of a person a sacred fire (manifested in the scripture as a deity called Agni) which cleanses and purifies them and in the way destroys or rather transforms the evil karma that is coming for that person. The act itself is both a consequence (of repentance) and a cause (for salvation).

So, applying silly rituals of various sorts in itself has no effect whatsoever, because the karma doesn't go away that way, and that's evident even in mythological stories in which some evil figure acquires a superpower, but still dies and loses it since the superpower/amulet in itself doesn't burn the evil karma away. The stories in the scripture are also very symbolic and psychological in nature, and in that particular story the power of revival or Sanjeevani Vidya may actually refer to several things of psychological nature. For example, the demons represent the shadowy aspects of the psyche which we generally view as dark and sinful, and the deities represent the angelic forces of virtue. Since passion and procreation (represented by Venus) are inherently viewed as full of desire and sinful it might refer to that, because in theory if the deities are liberated from materialistic desires, then they would not procreate, but the demons who are totally materialistic would through the assistance of Shukra (semen) be reborn again and again through copulation. In another sense it can refer to the aspect of Venus such as infatuation and love to give birth to many illicit feelings (spiritually interpreted as demons) because when a person is totally in love they sort of "lose their mind" and do not care for Dharma anymore. And there could be other interpretations but, but I hope you get the idea.

That's my view of the subject and I hope that it wasn't too long of a post, and I hope that this could help you get a new perspective on the question that you've asked above.

Warm regards.