Ishta Devata and Associated Planet

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Darkerhorse
Ishta Devata and Associated Planet

Post by Darkerhorse » 14 May 2020

I'd like to have my Ishta Devata and associated planet identified by Vedic astrology.

My birth details are:

10/22/1950
7:44 am
Hartford, CT USA

It'd be nice to know which chart technique was used in developing your answer.

Thanks.

Darkerhorse

Re: Ishta Devata and Associated Planet

Post by Darkerhorse » 22 Jun 2020

Any thoughts?

jetavan
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by jetavan » 31 Jul 2020

Darkerhorse wrote:
> I'd like to have my Ishta Devata and associated planet identified by Vedic
> astrology.
>
> My birth details are:
>
> 10/22/1950
> 7:44 am
> Hartford, CT USA
>
> It'd be nice to know which chart technique was used in developing your
> answer.
>
> Thanks.
Greetings,

Following the Jaimini method for determining the chara karaka, your atmakaraka is Venus.

In the navamsa, Venus is in Virgo. Virgo is thus the karakamsa. In the navamsa, the 12th house from the karakamsa indicates the Ishta Devata (following Sanjay Rath's "Vedic Remedies in Astrology"). Rahu is in 12th house (Leo) from karakamsa, indicating that the Ishta Devata--the Devata that gives you moksha--is Durga.

However, the Devata that allows you to accomplish your more earthly goals is the Dharma Devata. The 9th house from karakamsa (in navamasa) indicates the Dharma Devata. Your 9th house from karakamsa is Taurus, which is empty; Taurus is, though, ruled by Venus, indicating that Lakshmi is your Dharma Devata.

Darkerhorse

Post by Darkerhorse » 14 Aug 2020

Thanks.

Neither Durga nor Lakshmi resonate with me.

If Rahu and Ketu aren't used to identify the atmakaraka then why should they be used to identify the ishta devata? Can I use the ruler of the house/sign that Rahu is in instead?

Anyone know of a Vedic astrologer who uses D20 instead of D9 to find the ishta devata?

Darkerhorse

Post by Darkerhorse » 17 Aug 2020

Does anyone know a Vedic astrologer who uses D20 chart to find the ishta devata?

Does anyone know a Vedic astrologer who identifies Christian corollaries to Hindu ishta devatas?