What to know before buying blue sapphire?

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Hayls156
What to know before buying blue sapphire?

Post by Hayls156 » 15 Oct 2019

Hello

I am in the process of looking for a blue sapphire ring as recommended by a pundit. I am based in the US and buying a sapphire has become a very complicated process

All sapphires I have seen in person are heat treated. Natural gems are significantly more expensive and I am not able to afford those at this time. Additionally I am hesistant to purchase a natural gem long distance as there are no jewelers near me selling natural sapphires. Will a heat treated gem be acceptable?

Many websites talk about the 16 flaws listed in Shastras but I cannot find this list of flaws to avoid. Can someone please advise where I can find this list?

What color ( medium or medium dark?) is best?

Thank you

Venus75
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What to know before buying blue sapphire?

Post by Venus75 » 15 Oct 2019

Well I saw Dharmesh Mehta video it says water therepy like this
Basically all the gem stone works as an oscillator and its all about absorption of certain frequencies...so same frequencies can be absorbed by using sun light...all you have to put water in a glass bottle (no no to plastic) of same color as of planets...so like green bottle for mercury yellow for Jupiter n so on...only the water need to keep before noon (12) and morning 8 to 11 is best later all the uv rays comes into pictures...
So if u consume the water kept in a blue or black bottle it has same effect as sapphires...
On d flip side wearing jewels gems is a style (rajsik remedies) n have a diff effect on mind ...so u can go wat best suits u
Regards

StarDestiny888

Post by StarDestiny888 » 16 Oct 2019

As far as I read.. no chips or cracks or fissures. I believe a fissure is a feather and some say thats ok but according to the ancient text I read it said no fissures and I see that as internal healed cracks (lines) eye visible.

You are going to spend in the thousands- maybe 5,000 to 30,000 for a good one.
Gary at finewatergems is reputable and africagems website also has some.

I have experience with gems and if you are not super rich (because its also going to cost about 1000 to do a custom setting so it touches your skin) then go with the secondary stone for blue sapphire- which they say is amethyst.

If you are trying to save on setting you could try astrologicalgem but- jay boyle the owner is associated with a very bad tv JTV show that sells junk gems. Althoufh his website is separate from that company but nevertheless hes affiliated with them

Good luck

Hayls156

Post by Hayls156 » 19 Oct 2019

Thank you for these tips!

In this case- can anyone please clarify:
Does a gem work by amplifying the planets effects or decreasing the harmful effects?
So for example- If a planet is malific, will wearing the gem decrease the harmful effects or essentially make them worse?

I was recommended a blue sapphire- I am a libra ascendant ( so Saturn is yogakaraka) with Saturn in the 3rd house. I am also Capricorn ascendant in my D9 chart with Saturn in the 11th house.

With Saturn in the 3rd house of my birthchart- I do experience some of the negative effects- lots of problems with my car leading to costly repairs, delays in most big undertakings, etc.
Will wearing the gem decrease these effects or make them worse?