A Karmic Lesson - Part 2

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MrHelios
A Karmic Lesson - Part 2

Post by MrHelios » 28 Sep 2019

[PART 2 OF 2]

Next, I will speak about the way to determine potential problems should they be found in the charts of the nativities:

1) The Sages have concluded that to see and analyze the deeds of the past, good or bad, we should look into the situation of the D-1, D-9, D-30 and D-60 respectively, From there on, an astrologer can deduce a root cause of blessings or troubles that befall a person in due course of life.

2) The effects, positions and moods of the Upagrahas in the aforementioned charts. These mathematical points represent the "Shadow Self", or the shadow created by the disposition of the Grahas themselves, which in turn indicate darker and more obscure parts of the personality which in my opinion are always malevolent.

3) The state of the D-12, D-24, D-20 and D-27 charts to see the resilience towards trouble or sin, the manner of dealing with the same, and furthermore the possibility of eliminating them. In addition, the Shadbala calculated after the manner of Rishi Parashara but using Shodasa Varga instead of Saptavarga will give insight on the matter as well.

To continue, there are a myriad ways by which the problems can be addressed and potentially resolved with success, thus generating a harmonious continuity and a pleasing end.

1) For the matters of deep Karma, as seen via D-9 and D-60, there is no better remedy except Karma Yoga. Selfless service and dedication to a noble cause renders evil Karma void and makes the native face a more benign future. Nothing else can compare to this remedy in any way.

2) For "lesser" matters which are rooted in the "lowest memory" things can be fixed through a spectrum of remedies. In their order of intensity they are as follows:

- Service > Sadhana > Mantra > Donation > Pilgrimage > Gemstone > Yantra > Herb

Therefore, they can be applied accordingly corresponding to the intensity of the Dosha/sin. The first and the three that follow - namely Sadhana, Mantra and Donation are the most powerful and effective given that they involve some sort of Karma Yoga - the ultimate remedy. Pilgrimage should be performed only in cases to fix a disturbed flow of energy, given that sacred places were built as vortexes that are meant to correct it. Gemstones, Yantra and Roots can be applied in some cases even though a majority of people expect miracle solutions by doing nothing except passively putting on a piece of rock or scribbled paper on their bodies - not gonna happen. These can have an effect only if the energies involved are already benevolent and act only as conductors and amplifiers of energy that is coming in by default. So wearing an amulet for a malefic factor does not make it benefic, merely it amplifies its effect. However, one cannot help but feel pity for thousands of starry-eyed customers catering to the remedy industry of certain Astrologers who can barely wait to sell their shiny rocks and get their share of the sum from the millionaire sponsor. Please, use common sense before wasting a mass of money on something that can potentially destroy you.

Pertaining to the use of herbs and roots they can be administered in 4 ways as follows:

- Through Yagna
- Through medicine
- Through Incense
- By wearing the root in a colored bag

Each has its own meaning and will have to be applied correctly as suggested by a learned expert.

Pertaining to the matter of Upagrahas and the remedies for their placement, it is most advisable to perform daily rituals to cleanse the Pancha-Tattwa (i.e. the 5 elements) therefore expelling the Shadow residue from the soul plus making the mind more and more conscious. This is a sort of a daily exorcism ritual in a sense, allowing one to connect to, see and perceive the miracle of the Divine even on the illusionary material level. Consistency in this ritual will render the effects of Upagrahas null.

3) Pertaining to the selection of the best remedy, the learned Astrologer will consider the charts mentioned above, and in combination with studying the strength of the Karakas, and Tattwas (both of which must separately be analysed) recommend the proper solution. Depending on the severity of the problem, re-read the part about Karmic Memory.

It is of imperative importance here to determine the proper dosage - dosage is everything - too much is never good, and in my opinion is worse than a misdiagnosis. And per the Moral Code of the Jyothisha - the goal of the Astrologer in determining the remedies should always be an alignment of two things - firstly to help the damaged soul, second to save it by emancipating it. I will leave that to the discretion of the reader to interpret.

A short line here to emphasize the crucial importance in following the advice of a learned expert on the remedy and its application - because in theory, only such an individual can truly determine the proper diagnosis and treatment. Remedies should not be taken or applied liberally.

No, there are no quick solutions or instant miracles unless you earn them. Every soul will have to experience the consequences of its deeds in totality, not a single one can be left out - and for every deed there is a corresponding measure. The only way that you will get a miracle solution for your crisis of faith is to perform more of the opposite Karma than what you are experiencing - that means that if someone, hypothetically, is suffering from intense hate or pressure from an outside factor, then that one must give out twice as much love and kindness to that same sort of factors, in order to achieve and accumulate enough of the opposite "good Karma" to eliminate the "bad Karma" or rather, the fruits of their Karma.

So to summarize and finalize, Shri Rama has said in the Ramayana that chanting the name of the Lord will never solve the problem, but will for certain make the suffering easier. In the end, if such a noble personality had to go through all the hell and pain that we know he went through - who am I, or you dear Reader - to object to fate which we ourselves produced?

Warm regards.

[END OF PART 2 OF 2]

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: A Karmic Lesson - Part 2

Post by vedam33 » 29 Sep 2019

Nicely explained but for past karma we have to see the role of planets jup and sat in the natal chart only it s my experience ,if both were retro then definitely some pat karma was there in the life of the native.what was that karma was to delve deeper into jup and sat

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 29 Sep 2019

Sir vedam33 you are definitely right, though this lesson is meant to give an easy-to-understand introduction to everyone new to Astrology so I did not want to over complicate at once. However, if you wish so please feel free to contribute whatever you feel I left out. The topic is open for additions from other researchers anytime.

Thanks for the support,
regards.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 29 Sep 2019

@MrHelios
A thought provoking post. Hope you won't mind to clear my doubts.
So to summarize and finalize, Shri Rama has said in the Ramayana that chanting the name of the Lord will never solve the problem, but will for certain make the suffering easier.
Sri Rama Himself born out of chanting mantras in Ashwamedha yagna. Akalya got remedy by a simple touch of His lotus feet. He was taught about 50 divya astras by Sage Vishwamitra. With so many mantric incidents, it is not in line with the main line of Ramayana to talk like this in Ramayana. May be this quote is from yoga vasishtam. Request you to specify the sarga.

A good post indeed looking for remedies . Normally there is a practice to see the nature of karma from navamsa. If the concerned planet is in upaya rashi or dual sign in parashari navamsa, remedies won't work. For other two types of signs, remedies will work. Timing the remedy is seen from Moola dasa as per Pt. S.Rath's teachings.
The state of the D-12, D-24, D-20 and D-27 charts to see the resilience towards trouble or sin, the manner of dealing with the same, and furthermore the possibility of eliminating them. In addition, the Shadbala calculated after the manner of Rishi Parashara but using Shodasa Varga instead of Saptavarga will give insight on the matter as well.
That is new to me. How do we use D24 and D20 -to see the resilience towards trouble?
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 30 Sep 2019

Dear lefteye, on the precise account of the quote by Shri Ram you caught me off guard as I cannot remember with certainty where it came from (or from which scene in particular) but the point remains the same, could be it is from Yoga Vasishtha. The difference we have to make clear here is in the approach towards the issue - while I personally do not have anything against the Bhakti Movement that is so ardently present when it comes to these topics, I do not endorse the view that word for word everything in such legends is true. My wish is not in any case to hurt anyone's conviction, but simply to make a point that thre are esoteric explanations of the parables given in those myths that formulate as a whole a fascinating tale of Spiritual Alchemy. You can read TM's commentary on sacred texts for further information.

Therefrom, it is unlikely to compare a person doing a Mantra remedy today in Kali Yuga with one of the Saptarishis reciting their Mantras during their lifetimes. Such individuals were in a different existential dimension totally, and cannot be taken as examples for this particular matter, since due to their elevated awareness they were not subject to the forces that stomp upon a common fellow. They can be subject only to Archetypal/Supercosmic cause and effect, and due to their high status get hyperbolic attributes, powers or punishments respectively (i.e. getting hard curses for smallest mistakes). You can refer briefly to my introduction about the 4 types of intensity of energy and the manifestation of Karmic Memory through them. For further information about the Yogic perspective on these events and personalities please read Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev's books or visit his Ashram for lectures.

Now the manner in which D-20 and D-24 are useful in determining spiritual resilience is a follows:

In D-20 we can glimps the spiritual activities, inclinations and talents of an individual. Planets there represent the modus operandi of the soul and if we see from here that they are well positioned, especially 5th and its Lord (mantras and end of suffering as 12th from 6th), 6th Lord being weak (gives a forgiving nature thus accumulating good Karma), 12th (for overall spiritual interests), 4th and its Lord (as 5th from 12th meaning benefits from spiritual practice), 8th Lord (well placed gives success in Tantra) and 11th and its Lord (for results of mantras and remedies). D-20 has other uses too, but here in this case we can look for these.

In D-24 we can see whether a native has talents for performing sacred rituals per se. If the 9th and its Lord is connected in a beneficial way to the Ascendant Lord and placed in either 1st (5th from 9th for benefits from religion), 5th (9th from 9th for success and divine help in performing sacred rituals), 9th, 11th (3rd from 9th as it means efforts in performing things connected to religion, dedication) or 12th (4th from 9th for materialisation of religious rituals and also a natural house for spiritually).

In addition we can see the Grahas themselves and sort out accordingly. I do not share the view that some Grahas are materialistic and some are spiritual in Karmic charts. Rather they have their corresponding meaning, so Rahu can represent self-sacrifice (beheading), Ketu austere Tapasya, Saturn philosophy and repentance etc. It is something that is too vast to be put out into simple words by a single man, so please interpret per your own discretion.

Furthermore, we can determine by using gathered information whether an individual will be able to cope with sins and Karma through their natural talents earned in past lives or they need to be pushed by an outside force.

Again just stating to be certain on the Ramayana issue, not intended to insult anyone's beliefs, merely a presentation of a different viewpoint.

Thanks,
regards.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 30 Sep 2019

@MrHelios
Thank you for the reply. Kindly excuse me if I have reflected any intention to argue or find fault with your post. I only wanted to know whether I have missed anything in my reading.
Regards.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

MrHelios

Post by MrHelios » 01 Oct 2019

Dear lefteye, no offense taken at all in any way. I am just being very cautious when tackling these sensitive issues about religion to avoid hurting anyone's beliefs since I am aware how much inspiration and hope Ramayana gives to so many people. I am myself not a literary expert at all so I may not know the full details related to that part.

As far as astrology part goes you are more than welcome to suggest and add your own research on top of the cake.

Thanks,
take care.