A Karmic Lesson - Part 1

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MrHelios
A Karmic Lesson - Part 1

Post by MrHelios » 28 Sep 2019

[PART 1 OF 2}

Hello everyone, after some contemplation about the issue at hand I decided to take upon myself the task to write an explanation as per my ability expounding on the topic. The goal of the topic will be to give everyone a bit of insight from what I have gathered so far from my learning and experience and ultimately for the benefit of anyone and everyone wishing to partake in this knowledge. So, let me begin...

There is a lot of complex spiritual anatomy involved in the making and existence of a human being that there is simply no time or space enough to go into every bit and detail of it, but, here we will take a look at one particular area called Karma and in which way it relates to Astrology.

Karma, the word itself denotes action - and it simple terms it is all and any action that is not a reaction, and in some way is synonymous with desire - which is in many ancient texts quoted as the root of existence. Any "I wish", "I do" and "I am" is Karma, the primal causality that creates separation of the whole - the very verb is that which creates the "I" and the distance between the object and the "self" is then perceived as reality, whose ultimate interest is to keep itself going on with continuity because it is the "self's" only means to survive. However, this separation is unnecessarily labeled as evil many a time, since in a way it is necessary for the existence of the world/s and its/their perpetuity. Going by this we can notice that every created thing no matter how small or big has to have some degree of awareness that permits its manifestation which has its true and ultimate origin in the totality.

Hence, we move on forward to the role of planets and such. Astrology as a science and as an idea originates from a very ancient maxim which roughly translates "As above, so below" - meaning that the inner spiritual foundations and interchange happening within correspond to those happening outside in the faraway realms, because the human being is imbibed with a sacred Divine essence that lives, dwells and leaves with the Prana, and in itself contains the whole existence as the Microcosm. Therefore, the Macrocosm as appears outside is only a reflection of the calculated perfection of the Creator and the various energy levels emanating thereof.

In this manner, the planets and the Universe as a whole act as semi-conscious dispositors of a universal Will which has one core law - measure for measure - meaning that whatever Karma is produced is stored in the Microcosm and Macrocosm accordingly as memory on various levels of energy, and then released in the proper time. This means that memory per se has different layers and intensities and that it takes place in various levels of existence, as was a well known fact to the Yogis and Mystics of the past - and is in greater detail explained by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev in his work. As far as Astrology goes we are interested in a specific part (which ironically makes up a minuscule part of the subject) referred to as Karmic memory. This particular type of memory is of 4 types:

- Archetypal (embedded in the memory of the Creator)
- Macrocosmic (manifested in the controlled movements of all objects far and wide)
- Cosmic (manifested in the Planets, Stars, Comets etc.)
- Material (manifested in the genes and 5 elements)

Seeing from there, we can conclude that by carefully observing the world within, round and about us as well as the very matter we are made from we can deduce signs and pathways leading to the direction of Divine Will and Its effect on reality as is. The possibility of knowing it to the deepest details is long gone as we are living in Kali Yuga and there are no Sages alive today with such tremendous wisdom, but still with enough dedication and practice positive results can be achieved. However, it is wrong to assume that one should learn or practice these peculiar arts only for the benefit of their material existence - this is in fact Adharma and the behavior of an Asura who only desires the illusion to no end - rather, the goal and objective of the same should be in searching for the best way to ultimately allow the Divine Spark to flourish and manifest and return to the totality of being which is Its true origin, free of separation and delusion. Either way, no one can elude or trick the superintelligence of the Divine, as seen in a classical example of the demon Bhasmasura who, thinking he had deceived Shiva ended up destroying himself with his own power.

[END OF PART 1 OF 2]