Sandhi/Sandi Shanti Homam for transitioning from or into Rahu Maha Dasa

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Sandhi/Sandi Shanti Homam for transitioning from or into Rahu Maha Dasa

Post by Sishya » 30 Jun 2019

Hi,

I have heard that it is quite common in some places for folk to perform Sandhi/Sandi Shanti Homam, for reducing the malefic effects of the transition from Rahu Maha Dasa to Guru Maha Dasa or from Kuja/Mangala Maha Dasa to Rahu Maha Dasa. The explanation or reasoning provided by the priests is that the respective planets are inimical and hence the need to perform this Shanti Homam. And, the same needs to be performed 6 months before the actual transition. So, the questions that popped up for me are:
1. Are the learned folk on this forum aware of this?
2. Do the learned folk subscribe and/or prescribe to such remedies?
3. Is this suggested for all going through such transition?
4. If not, who needs to perform such Shanti?
5. If the reasoning is right, why is such a Shanti not prescribed for the transition from Venus Maha Dasa to Ravi Maha Dasa???

I would like to solicit feedback and guidance from learned folk to help rest of others.

Sincerely...

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sandhi/Sandi Shanti Homam for transitioning from or into Rahu Maha Dasa

Post by Sishya » 03 Jul 2019

Hi,

Request the experts to chime-in and share their thoughts. Hope this is not another one of those fear inducing techniques that a few priests resort to.

Thanks...

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 04 Jul 2019

Dasha sandhi is definitely a period of weakness for people and divine help definitely needs to be sought. Whether the homa in question helps in this is another matter to be considered. From a brief search on the net, it seems these are primary being offered in some temples/areas. Perhaps it is their tradition.. One will need to do more research on individual instances to find out.

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 04 Jul 2019

Hi,

Many thanks for chiming in on this topic. I can completely relate to your thoughts on the challenges associated with the said period and potential need for help. But then, generalizing the need for all is something I have a hard time relating to - many folk don't even seem to realize these nuances and live their lives in bliss (as they say about ignorance). I did perform the google mantra before seeking help from knowledgeable folk here. Google came back with a few package deals/service, offered by some temple administrators for their own version of the "divine help". Hence the thought to double check on this forum.

Thanks...