Tantric Sadhanas

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GandharvaLord
Tantric Sadhanas

Post by GandharvaLord » 06 Jun 2019

Gentlemen,

I was wondering if any of the learned members of this forum have experience with Tantra? That is to say, the ancient grimoires of the Hindu religion.

I've recently come into the possession of some rare texts, and having experimented with conjuration, have had some success in this area. According to the commentaries, these sadhanas, usually through the grace of Shiva, will accelerate one's spiritual development by obliterating the bad karma associated with past deeds.

Anyway, in my experience, this definitely seems to be the case, though there is temptation in some instances. I'd the good fortune of seeing a spirit become manifest before me (most likely a powerful Bhutini). Being curious by nature, I'd like to experiment with other aspects of Tantra, and was wondering if any of the members here have some experiences they'd like to share.

Obviously Tantra can help one overcome certain planetary impediments, and their success is also largely dependent on the planetary energies of certain time.

GandharvaLord

Re: Tantric Sadhanas

Post by GandharvaLord » 08 Jun 2019

Any comments or insights would be greatly appreciated.

GandharvaLord

Post by GandharvaLord » 09 Jun 2019

Some astrologers you are! To deny the Tantras is to deny dharma!!!!

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 09 Jun 2019

my comment has been lost, I will try to post again. Invoking bhutinis does not have much to do with astrology-btw.

GandharvaLord

Post by GandharvaLord » 10 Jun 2019

The stars should be calculated carefully to accomplish the Bhutini siddhi in my opinion.

Secondly, why do so many seem inclined to condemn such practices these days? These accomplishments come with tangible benefits and expand the mind. Tantra can cure spiritual apathy, and allow one to integrate the metaphysical with the physical.

Some will say that it is pointless to "pursue" siddhis, but I think this is foolish. Who would be so bold as to claim he doesn't need the assistance of spirits or demigods? Who would be so dishonest to claim that he doesn't wish to fly through the air or walk on water?

The sages spoke of siddhis for a reason; it is a beautiful way to commune with God.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 13 Jun 2019

Your ambition represents kshudra sadhana and is not really the higher form of tantra. Grimoires do not have a part in Indian tantra, which is allied to the broader tradition and is passed on from Guru to Sishya. It is a living tradition . The empowerment of the individual by the Guru is what is most important. Ignoramuses are quick to condemn based on half baked knowledge and hearsay.

I have never heard of Bhutini sadhana being used to further spiritual knowledge. Only the Divine ones have that knowledge and only they can give it to you. Please study under a Guru and do not just do what is there in books. There are specific warnings in Hindu tradition against doing such things- its very dangerous.

I am not comfortable with discussing further but I will repeat- do not rely on books[not even ancient ones]. Even meditation and pranayama need to be learned under a Guru as they can produce adverse results otherwise.Many of the books written now a days are sheer nonsense and represent half-baked knowledge and the ego of the person writing the book.

GandharvaLord

Post by GandharvaLord » 13 Jun 2019

Gurus are important, but one can still obtain knowledge from practicing rituals as written in ancient texts. As a resident of the United States, it would be impossible to find a legitimate Tantric guru near me. I would have to travel to India, and my work prevents me from doing this at the moment.

Anyway, as I've said, I've seen some results from practices without a guru. Also, you should know, at the very least, that I'm not merely pursuing siddhis but all sorts of knowledge, and will attempt to invoke the Gods once appropriate. At the current moment, I simply do not have the time or energy to initiate any sort of sadhana, so this thread is intended as a place to discuss one's experiences, as there is nobody in the West who understands.

As for the danger, perhaps I am reckless, but when I obtained these texts, from the ancient cult of Bhairava, I knew that they were placed in my hands by the Gods themselves. There was simply no doubt, as I felt the grace of Bhairava and permission to initiate some of his sadhanas. To depend on a guru when this is not a realistic possibility is cynical and myopic in itself. As I'm sure you know it's hard enough to find a legitimate guru in India, as most legitimate Tantric gurus simply will not discuss their practices.

I can tell you my view: If you obtain an ancient text which fewer than a thousand or so people have read, it must have been ordained by the God of that text.

If you would like to share your experiences, please do so, but to be cynical of the grimoire or its place in the Indian tradition is just as myopic as those who proclaim they could not benefit from a guru.

Just my opinion.

For the record, I had a vision of Bhairava and he warned me against summoning some of the more powerful demigods without guidance, such as the Yakshas, Yoginis, et cetera. Indeed, even after the Bhutini sadhana, I had visions of other realms, but the Gods seem to have forgiven me, as I've paid for this deed in other ways. Bhairava will show you other dimensions, parallel and alien, and will also stop you when you've gone too far. You need only the intuition to know when and where to step, like avoiding snakes in the forest.

Sadhak

Post by Sadhak » 09 Jul 2019

Read the Aghora Trilogy by Dr. Robert Svoboda.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 08 Aug 2019

I wonder how thanthra sadhana helps in reaching higher state of consciousness . Thanthras are said to be helpful in attaining mundane desires easily . I was told that thathrasadhana should never be done casually and any lapse would throw the sadhak in to bottomless pit. Only done with total concentration with out having any wavering and engaging in manusha bhavana gives results .

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 08 Aug 2019

I personally do not do any thanthra sadhana .It is said that SHIVA is the originator of thanthra sadhana and could take one to the highest level of conscious ness which could be possible with Kundalini sadhana . I DO not agree this point . In this belief they do sadhana with panchamakaras and in 90 % of the cases the sadhakas fall down

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 10 Aug 2019

This thread is a perfect example of why one should not ask or take advise from strangers about esoteric practices(like tantra) online. We have above two examples of extremes of thought, both not backed by tradition and practice under a Guru.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 10 Aug 2019

I have had a very close contact with some who do it and have got first hand information about that sadhana as narrated by them .Since I could not agree to their views and methods I ventured to comment about that .

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 12 Aug 2019

Tantrik works like Saundarya Lahiri( composed by Adi Shankaracharya) or Lalita Sahasranama ? All are tarnished because of something someone said ? An ocean is mapped based on a photo someone saw of it ?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 09 Sep 2019

I have learned from elders that, while Tantras might be quick acting and if done correctly, will give stupendous results, the danger of downfall due to arrogance,mistakes in performance, lack of brahmacharya etc is huge. Hence, unless if performed under the constant supervision of the Guru, Tantras are best avoided. The Vedic practice (reciting Vedic mantras, reciting Sahasranamas, ashtottaras etc ) is more suitable in Kaliyuga, even though they might be relatively slow in giving results.

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 26 Jan 2020

@GandharvaLord, would be more happy to give you some insights in this context provided your birth details are shared either here or by pm...also, this is primarily an astrological forum and hence all the domains are to be adhered by undeviating astrological means.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 28 Jan 2020

This is an interesting thread. Tantra has its roots in Nepal and Kashmir where from it moved into the valley and from there it was mixed up with vedic cult. The blending is too thorough to segregate the differences between a vedic phrase and a tantric phrase as we go through them in spiritual texts of 8th century AD. Particularly,the Tantra lokha by Sri Abhinav Gupta in 9th century.
The basic of all tantric manifestations expressed in terms of Kundalini-a totally nonexistent entity was really a misconception treating the cerebra spinal fluid as amrita. Tantra grew as a knowledge of body with the development of medical sciences in the ancient past.
All the basics of tantras begin after the text-Gandharva raja Tantra -probably written around 5th century AD. Certainly these tantric concepts are post vedic. They were written after the advent of Sushruta and Charaka Samhitas. The yoga Upanishads being quoted by numerous books of swamijis are all post vedic periods.

It should be noted that Sri Adi Shankara wrote commentaries for Mandookya Upanishad but didn’t use Mandookya Upanishad as one of the references in his Bashya. ( He used only ten Upanishads to explain the Supreme Brahman. ) Because it describes sankhiya philosophy. Today’s Vedanta has taken the concepts of Yoga, Sankhiya, Nyaya,Vaiseshika ,Mimasa and Vedic concepts and it is different from Vedic teachings.

With the advent of many tantric texts and sadhanas, today’s texts find it easier to explain spirituality in terms of tantric concepts. I saw a quote by one of the learned members about Saundarya lahari. Let me share some views about this. Pathanjali rishi is celebrated as the initiator of yoga forgetting the fact that Buddha and Mahavir did perform meditation and Samadhi. What Pathanjai rishi has done is that he recorded the practices as a text. Pathanjali was rejected by his contemporary vedic people as he didn’t follow vedic teachings.
While describing the chakras, the order is matched with the evolution of the five pre mordial elements also.
Vishuddha Akash
Anahata Air
Manipuraka Fire
Swadhishtana Water
Muladhara Earth

All tantric texts follow this order. But Saundarya lahari quotes Manipuraka as Water and Swadhishtana as fire. If we refer the other text written by Sri Adi Shankara Tattva bodha where pancheekarana of pancha bhuta is described, we don’t find this order there.
We can witness the chakras as a collection point of nerves in spinal. Kundalini is not clearly explained by any of the books right from The Serpent Power. It is understood as a fluid going up and down along the spinal cord. If it is so, how air can be converted into liquid by kumbhaka? There is an unexplained gap here. Later author –H.G.Rele , referred it as the right vegus nerve. Kashmir Saiva teaches this to be Supreme Brahman which doesn’t seem to be a logical continuity from the glorious Upanishads.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 18 Feb 2020

Is it true that kundalini gets activated by pressing vegas nerve ?

GandharvaLord

Post by GandharvaLord » 18 May 2020

Lefteye, you raise some interesting points, but I believe Kundalini refers to the body's bioelectricity, which is based in the central nervous system, including the spine. If you consider this interpretation, all of the Tantric works make sense; you see, bioelectrical energy is maintained through respiration. Furthermore, by activating certain nerves through different techniques, one can gain control over this energy.

As for the roots of Tantra, I believe them to be diverse, and they may not start with the Gandharva Tantra, but have more ancient origins. For example, the Pashupatas, who followed an essentially Tantric path, can probably be traced back to the 2nd century BC. Tantric scholarship is still sparse in my opinion, and the true impact upon physicality isn't yet understood.

Sadhak

Post by Sadhak » 19 May 2020

shivathmika wrote:
> Is it true that kundalini gets activated by pressing vegas nerve ?

You can request for Shaktipat deeksha. You have to fill an online form and follow the procedure. Search for Mahayoga.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 20 May 2020

GandharvaLord wrote:
18 May 2020
Lefteye, you raise some interesting points, but I believe Kundalini refers to the body's bioelectricity, which is based in the central nervous system, including the spine. If you consider this interpretation, all of the Tantric works make sense; you see, bioelectrical energy is maintained through respiration. Furthermore, by activating certain nerves through different techniques, one can gain control over this energy.

As for the roots of Tantra, I believe them to be diverse, and they may not start with the Gandharva Tantra, but have more ancient origins. For example, the Pashupatas, who followed an essentially Tantric path, can probably be traced back to the 2nd century BC. Tantric scholarship is still sparse in my opinion, and the true impact upon physicality isn't yet understood.
Gandharva lord

Agreed that our nervous system is run by electric pulses.All texts treat the inhaled air is entrapped in a nadi by jalandhra bandha and mula bandha. They teach this air is used as a force to push up the fluid kundalini. In reality,air is mixed into blood by osmosis through alveoli. All books that teach about kundalini talks about the two nadis- thinking that left and right nostrils will work simultaneously. We can respirate through only one at a time as the other nostril is naturally blocked by swelling of mucous cells within the nose. This block is automatically relieved within 2 hrs and simultaneously the breathing nostril gets blocked. This was proved in 1955 as I found by googling-why we have two nostrils.

So the concept is not matching with reality even by 1%. I have experience of third eye openings purely out of Guru's upadesa and mantra chanting without all these exercises. I can visualise a person and occasionally do mind reading. It depends on certain favourable periods like 9th or 5th lord's dasa bhukti etc. As it was a disturbance to me, I avoided it by stopping hard core upasanas. All upasakas will have ajna easily opened but they don't tell these things openly.

The total concept lies in ajna. Rahu controls the anthakarana of chita (manas,buddhi,ahankara and chita) and guides the individual through known paths.

But 2nd century BC is the time of Sankhiya and yoga sects. They don't mention about kundalini. Why kundalini,they don't even talk about pranayama. The only upanishad which comes very close to this pranayama is chandokhya and it also doesn't teach pranayama. It registers one important observation: We can't talk while we breath and vice versa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 24 May 2020

@Admin
Please approve my pending post on this posted some 4 days ago. :D

Additionally,
@GandharvaLord
Tantra has evolved in 300BC if we consider this passage from Tantra Vision by Osho.

"Saraha was born about two centuries after Buddha; he was in the direct line of a different branch. One branch moves from Mahakashyapa to Bodhidharma, and Zen is born – and it is still full of flowers, that branch. Another branch moves from Buddha to his son, Rahul Bhadra, and from Rahul Bhadra to Sri Kirti, and from Sri Kirti to Saraha, and from Saraha to Nagarjuna – that is the Tantra branch. "
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्