Why shouldn't we read while sitting or sleeping on bed?

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lightray94
Contributor
Contributor
Why shouldn't we read while sitting or sleeping on bed?

Post by lightray94 » 21 May 2019

Earlier I have heard from Sunil ji from saptarishis in a video from YouTube that eating on bed ruins one's venus. And he also said not to read while on bed. Is that really harmful for any planet? Any idea why all the esteemed members? What's your viewpoint on this? I'm a purvaphalguni who always read while sleeping and I've stopped eating on bed even at slightest choice available. Please let me know.
Thank you
Lightray94
Har Har Mahadev

joyd

Re: Why shouldn't we read while sitting or sleeping on bed?

Post by joyd » 23 May 2019

@Lray-

Deep sense and science of astrology embedded in such healthy rules. First off all , planets have different shapes of mandalas .Like sun mandalas is in the shape of circle. Venus is in the form of square. Mercury is in bow shaped mandalas .venus rules bed ,Jupiter is intestine. Jupiter’s mandala is in the shape of a bloomed lotus flower. Bed[venus] is in the shape of square. The 4 corners[angles] of square exerts pressure on our digestive system[ bloomed lotus flower –Jupiter]while sitting and eating on bed causing to contract/narrow the digestive tract. So flow of food inside the intestine obstructed. This disturbs mainly the pancreatic gland /kidney which was ruled by venus. Thus causes the malfunction of that gland resulting in Diabetes, diabetes related impotence[venus], eye[diabetic retinopathy-moon] related disease. so in this way eating and reading on bed spoils both your Jupiter and venus .Moon. venus is eye for detail and moon is ONE OF THE KARAKAS OF EYE.

Reading before sleeping also bad for Mercury. He rules N-E direction. Which is a rest place? Your digestive system demands more blood flow to digest your dinner food. But if you start reading after dinner ,that too on bed reduces the blood flow to gut[increases to brain] and thus in slow down all your digestive process , resulting in gas formation, indigestion, half bowel formation, Difficulties in releasing your morning motion. so thus a imbalance was created between nervous and digestive systems due to this unhealthy activity.

Such habit of reading, eating while on bed spoils Jupiter-venus-moon-mercury combined. Hence Any activity [ except a light walk of 100 steps]after night food was prohibited by health sciences experts.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 23 May 2019

JoyD,
Good info JoyD. I am one of those too. As per my info, Mercury rules N direction, not NE. NE is ruled by Jupiter.
Lightray,
As per my observation, Sunil John is good at deceiving people. He's 99% businessman & 1% an astrologer. He has no substance.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

joyd

Post by joyd » 23 May 2019

@shiv-we have no right to estimate the others skills,talents,knowledge.so pl avoid such comments on others.

joyd.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 23 May 2019

joyd wrote:
23 May 2019
@Lray-

Deep sense and science of astrology embedded in such healthy rules. First off all , planets have different shapes of mandalas .Like sun mandalas is in the shape of circle. Venus is in the form of square. Mercury is in bow shaped mandalas .venus rules bed ,Jupiter is intestine. Jupiter’s mandala is in the shape of a bloomed lotus flower. Bed[venus] is in the shape of square. The 4 corners[angles] of square exerts pressure on our digestive system[ bloomed lotus flower –Jupiter]while sitting and eating on bed causing to contract/narrow the digestive tract. So flow of food inside the intestine obstructed. This disturbs mainly the pancreatic gland /kidney which was ruled by venus. Thus causes the malfunction of that gland resulting in Diabetes, diabetes related impotence[venus], eye[diabetic retinopathy-moon] related disease. so in this way eating and reading on bed spoils both your Jupiter and venus .Moon. venus is eye for detail and moon is ONE OF THE KARAKAS OF EYE.

Reading before sleeping also bad for Mercury. He rules N-E direction. Which is a rest place? Your digestive system demands more blood flow to digest your dinner food. But if you start reading after dinner ,that too on bed reduces the blood flow to gut[increases to brain] and thus in slow down all your digestive process , resulting in gas formation, indigestion, half bowel formation, Difficulties in releasing your morning motion. so thus a imbalance was created between nervous and digestive systems due to this unhealthy activity.

Such habit of reading, eating while on bed spoils Jupiter-venus-moon-mercury combined. Hence Any activity [ except a light walk of 100 steps]after night food was prohibited by health sciences experts.

joyd.
Sir thanks for detailed info, I've been doing this from my 12-21 where I've weakened myself completely, I now understand why. Thanks for giving me a detailed analysis of how it impacts.
Thanks and Regards,
Lightray94
Har Har Mahadev
Last edited by lightray94 on 23 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 23 May 2019

Shivoham wrote:
23 May 2019
JoyD,
Good info JoyD. I am one of those too. As per my info, Mercury rules N direction, not NE. NE is ruled by Jupiter.
Lightray,
As per my observation, Sunil John is good at deceiving people. He's 99% businessman & 1% an astrologer. He has no substance.
Thank you sir for enlightening me 😀 I'm grateful .
Regards,
Lightray94
Har Har Mahadev

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 14 Jun 2019

I find reading in bed relaxing and leading me to a good sleep.

I suppose praying in bed before sleep is OK....

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 14 Jun 2019

It reminds me of XII standard Business Studies Book's Henri Fayol's 10th Principle of Orderliness 'A place for everything & everything at its place'.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham