Guidance for devata worship.

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
decemberchild
Guidance for devata worship.

Post by decemberchild » 06 Dec 2018

Respected Gurus,

I am a novice in terms of astrology and worship. I want to perform daily prayers, vrat and mantra japa. Sir Ramanan has advised me to worship Mother Kaali as my phalana devta on Saturdays. And I am going to start the same.

Apart from this, please help me find my istha devata and dharma devata. I am confused whether my istha devta planet is Mars or Moon. Also, I am confused about my kul and dharma devata. Which God form should I worship for spiritual evolvement and which form for material help?

I understand that God is one but right now, I have been worshipping several forms and not sure if my procedure is correct or not. I want to concentrate on one or two forms.

23/12/1988
09:33 am
Gangtok, Sikkim

Thank you so much for your help

joyd

Re: Guidance for devata worship.

Post by joyd » 07 Dec 2018

Aruna[form of kali-durga] is your family deity[kula devatha] and also ista devatha or dharma devata.Diety chinna-mastha is your village or grama devatha.During journeys one has to worship village deity for success and profit in the concerned journey.Ista devatha must be remembered in any state of devotee[ajapa-japa].kula devatha or family deity must be prayed in all key and important occasions.

joyd.

decemberchild

Post by decemberchild » 07 Dec 2018

@joyd

Thank you Sir. I cannot find anything about Goddess Aruna on the internet. Is there a specitic jaap for her? Or can I simply propitiate Mother Goddess Durga or Mother Goddess Kaali for the same? Thank you again.

joyd

Post by joyd » 07 Dec 2018

the orange- red coloured aura of sun is nothing but dirty aruna.She is the pranic force of lord surya.you wont find about her on internet.you can go for either kali-durga,which one you likes.

joyd.

decemberchild

Post by decemberchild » 07 Dec 2018

[quote=joyd post_id=273928 time=1544197370 user_id=18243]
the orange- red coloured aura of sun is nothing but dirty aruna.She is the pranic force of lord surya.you wont find about her on internet.you can go for either kali-durga,which one you likes.

joyd.
[/quote]

@joyd

Thank you so much, Sir.

I do worship Mother durga and chant the Chamunda Navakshari mantra. I think I will continue that. Blessings to you.