Seed mantra

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Ananya sharma
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Seed mantra

Post by Ananya sharma » 14 Sep 2018

I have read on website about seed mantra.can we chant ??usefull?? It Works?? I am intrested because they are in short form :D

Please guide on this

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seed mantra

Post by tejomaya » 16 Sep 2018

It is best not to chant any mantra by just picking it up on the internet. You should receive the mantra that is appropriate to you from a person who has knowledge of mantra sastra and will take responsibility for you- AKA a Guru. It is too risky to do otherwise- it would be like taking just any medicine from a medical shop for an unknown illness.

Ananya sharma
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ananya sharma » 08 Oct 2018

Thanks but i saw in website that they are tantric mantra so is it good ??tantric means?? Does that harm others ?? I heard that tantra used to harm others

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 11 Oct 2018

Ananya sharma wrote:
08 Oct 2018
Thanks but i saw in website that they are tantric mantra so is it good ??tantric means?? Does that harm others ?? I heard that tantra used to harm others
A knife can be used to cut vegetables or for stabbing people. Mantras are like that. Vedic or tantric does not make a difference. The person using it does. Brahmastra also is Vedic. Vedic mantras are from the Veda, Puranic ones from Purana and Tantrik ones from Tantra(broadly speaking). Most people with a Guru may be empowered to use some from each of them. They are all part of the tradition of Sanatana Dharma. There are lots of other intricacies about using each mantra which need to be learned from a Guru. Websites are most unreliable.

Without a proper Guru, do not take on any bija mantra for yourself. There are may rules and Gurus do not give you the mantra at random. It depends on the person(sishya), the parampara etc..

If anyone tells you true Gurus dont exist in this day and age, they are wrong. Prayer and hard work in searching can take you to the right person.

Ananya sharma
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ananya sharma » 13 Oct 2018

“Prayer and hardwork in searching ...” is right . I coincidentally found one guru gave me seed mantra and gemstone .. thank you i will be back in need 😀

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 19 Oct 2018

Great! Good news during Navaratri. I wish you all the best in your sadhana.

Ani77
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ani77 » 20 Oct 2018

Seed or beej mantras available in various websites are not the same as i found in the vedic scriptures. Recently i got hold of an ancient vedic book (huge one with 1500 pages) where the tantric mantras for planets are entirely different from those that are available in various websites. Thought that this vedic guide is more authentic, so presently chanting those from this vedic book.