Yagya for getting a child

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Yagya for getting a child

Post by Nora » 28 Jul 2018

Dear all

Can anyone advise me a suitable yagya or ritual for getting a child soon?
What are the procedures for it?

Kind regards

Nora

Spirit Seeker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Yagya for getting a child

Post by Spirit Seeker » 28 Jul 2018

Nora, please pray to the giver of Putra (santaana) Jupiter (Shiva).
Sincere prayers to Shiva suffice to get a sweet child! :mrgreen:

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok what about putrakameshti? Is it possible in this yuga? I heard there are a few Santana prapti yagya...do you know the procedures for those?

And spirit do you know what is to be done after conception? Like what kind of pujas or yagyas husband and wife should do together after child is conceived?

Kind regards

Nora

Spirit Seeker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spirit Seeker » 28 Jul 2018

Nora, I don't know! : (
Anyway, All the best for the efforts!
May Jupiter bless you with sweet kids :D :mrgreen:

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks...but Lol why only Jupiter must bless? What happened to the other 8? :D I know Jupiter is needed for having children but the other planets have no role at all?

Kind regards

Nora

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 09 Aug 2018

Nora,

The Santanagopala mantra is used for japa/puja and Homa for this. There are also other mantras which help in this like the Sashti Devi mantra..It is always better to do these after getting proper authority/initiation from an unbroken lineage from someone who has done the japa themselves. Else someone else can do this for you after sankalpa( not easy to do the complete count unless you are into japa yourself).

In terms of the rites, we have 16 rites of passage in a human's life in the Vedic religion. Pre -conception there is the pumsavana karma and once conceived in the 2nd or 3rd trimester( I dont remember the details) you have the seemantha karma to protect mother and child. These need to be done by a priest- even priests cannot do these for themselves.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 10 Aug 2018

tejomaya wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Nora,

The Santanagopala mantra is used for japa/puja and Homa for this. There are also other mantras which help in this like the Sashti Devi mantra..It is always better to do these after getting proper authority/initiation from an unbroken lineage from someone who has done the japa themselves. Else someone else can do this for you after sankalpa( not easy to do the complete count unless you are into japa yourself).

In terms of the rites, we have 16 rites of passage in a human's life in the Vedic religion. Pre -conception there is the pumsavana karma and once conceived in the 2nd or 3rd trimester( I dont remember the details) you have the seemantha karma to protect mother and child. These need to be done by a priest- even priests cannot do these for themselves.

Thanks for the info. I've heard of seemantha in 7th month but punsavana karma I googled and it says it's for getting a male child. I don't want to ask for male or female. It can be anything just normal ritual for begetting a child. Punsavana seems too severe as it's mainly asking for a male child (given the age old blind traditions and gender issues in this country).

So, can punsavana be done even for begetting normal healthy baby (and not exclusively praying for its gender)?

Also according to all websites punsavana seems to be done in 3rd or 4th month when pregnancy shows a bit (not before conception)...

Anyways I see no point in the logic begind asking for a male child in 3rd or 4th month since at the time of conception itself the gender is decided, probably the ancestors did not know this? That's why they thought that praying at 4th month can also give them a male child? :lol:

Kind regards

Nora

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 18 Aug 2018

I know what the websites say, but I have checked with a purohita and also with a manual for purohits. This is not done for male progeny today. It is done for all children and the sankalpa is to remove defects and protect..

If you do not have any traditions to hand over and continue in your lineage, there is no need for male children-its your choice. I object to the statement about "age old blind traditions etc"..Murder of unborn or born infants is a sin and is not permitted as per tradition. Even Rakshasa loved their own children. Its the greed for wealth which has led to this situation. If you read too much news/propaganda and not enough of our ancient books you will not get the right impression. I remember a certain chief minister saying that looting the people is the dharma of the politician. Do we learn about dharma from such people ?

Before conception there is the garbhadhana ceremony for giving good progeny, followed by Pumsavana and then Seemantha. Many people combine the latter ceremonies now a days. There are tantrik rites also for the first one. Initiation may be needed for that to work though.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 23 Aug 2018

Thanks Tejomaya...some good info there...I'll make use of it. Thanks again

Nora