Remedy for negative thoughts and depression

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Artemis
Remedy for negative thoughts and depression

Post by Artemis » 20 Jun 2018

Hello,

I am tula rashi. I have been suffering for 7 years for now. After sadesati, I thought that there would be some hope. But now I have totally given up. I would like to know if you know any remedy of depression and sadness. Please post only if someone has benefited from the remedy.

Thanks in advance!!

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Remedy for negative thoughts and depression

Post by SWARNIM » 21 Jun 2018

The major issue that appears in the case is a close conjunction of Ketu and the Moon. Some of the effects - increased expenses, adverse health of mother, no friends, sleeplessness should be attributed to this combination and not to Saade Sati. At the same time, the combination is also elevating you and providing opportunity to move towards enlightenment.

Since you already have good knowledge of Astrology, will suggest you to perform any remedies for Ketu.

Spiritual remedies like prayers, chanting, meditation will be fruitful to you to have early results.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 21 Jun 2018

Mixing camphor powder in coconut oil and putting few drops in bathing bucket daily will help. Create mixture once and keep in air tight bottle for regular use.

Using silver around neck and overall body keeps mind calm under difficult circumstances.

Smelling camphor also works wonders

Artemis

Post by Artemis » 21 Jun 2018

Will try the remedy of camphor. However, would not agree with wearing silver around neck. There was a time in the past when I used to wear silver around the neck and it resulted in series of terrible accident. I would say silver never really suited me.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » 21 Jun 2018

Dear Swarnim,

Thanks for commending me for my knowledge on astrology. However, I would consider myself a novice in that area. Astrology is supposed to provide light and help transform the adverse situation to our benefit. For some reason, I have been unable to do that. I have tried prayers, chants and meditation but to no avail. As far as moon and ketu is concerned, I was born with it. I should be used to it by now. I am also not sure what enlightenment means either. How can a person attain moksha unless he/she performs all his/her karmas. The way out of the circle of light and death is only through it.

Right now, I am willing to try any remedy to feel alive. I would definitely post the effect of camphor and if it has calmed me down.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 21 Jun 2018

Artemis - silver does not suit many but that is by skin allergy. Some ppl use coating to avoid irritation allergy etc. However silver by itself cannot cause accidents. If you can share your birth data and timings of those accidents I can find out the root cause

Artemis

Post by Artemis » 22 Jun 2018

21 May 86, 5:50 PM, basirhat

Artemis

Post by Artemis » 22 Jun 2018

F

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 22 Jun 2018

k and your times of wearing silver and accident dates ?

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 22 Jun 2018

also are you wearing any gems or amulets ?

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 04 Jul 2018

Artemis wrote:
21 Jun 2018
How can a person attain moksha unless he/she performs all his/her karmas. The way out of the circle of light and death is only through it.
There are three types of karma- Sanchita or stored/accumulated; Agami or ongoing/current and prarabdha- the results for which you are to experience in this lifetime. Spiritual practice can burn the Sanchita and Agami karma. It can also reduce or remove results of some prarabdha karma.

The grace of the Divine and of siddhas will help one in all cases. Spiritual practice is to gain the grace(krpa) of the divine. I suggest you should go for satsang,company of holy people in addition to your own spiritual practice. Mantras,prayers can take years to bear results. Be patient- you are an eternal being in a temporal body.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 07 Jul 2018

Artemis,

As far as possible,please get proper initiation and guidance for whichever spiritual practice you take up. A mantra received in the proper way gets awakened more easily and has its effects. Pranayama also helps control the mind wonderfully- it may be easier to get a good teacher in this due to the popularity of hatha yoga & pranayama.

svjetlotama
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by svjetlotama » 07 Sep 2018

The best remedy for depression is to move and do something good and useful for other people, to make them happy. Depression is the problem of egoistic people. When a person attaches importance to himself and ignores being responsible - then the door is open to depression.