Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor
Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

Post by shweta_554 » 27 Oct 2009

Warm Greetings to All!

It's a well know fact that Ketu in 12th house from Atmakarka in Navamsha can cause attainment of Moksha after death.

But while reading Bhrigu Sutra on Net, there was a mention, if Ketu falls in 12 from Lagna, the person will go to hell after daeth. Now it shall not be the hard and fast rule. But I will like to know the opinion of our respected astrologers, that why so much difference? and the reason and probable logic behind it.

Warm Regards,
Shweta_554

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shweta_554 » 28 Oct 2009

Dear Shrikanth ji and Rajitha ji thanks for the response.

Rajitha ji, neither I believe that (I stumbled to it on net in Bhrigu Sutra)one will go to hell, having Ketu in 12th from ascendent. It will be too rash to say this, and just like Ketu in 12th from Atmakarka itself do not promise Moksha unless other factors support the fact. Similarly, just Ketu in 12th from ascendent shall not send person to hell, unless other factors from chart say so.

What I am unable to understand is what is the reason of considering Ketu in 12th from ascendent bad, when it is good, in case it is 12th from Atmakarka.

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 28 Oct 2009

Dear Friends and Respected Gurus:

Its quite amazing to me that everybody is keeping on talking about Kethu for Moksha and thinking it is pretty much related to Moksha. As far as Kethu is concerned, it just puts light or shows path or one can say, it helps in giving knowledge and it helps for one to be introvert...but apart from that, I have told previously as well in other thread as well 12th Lord, 12th Lord Depositor, 8th Lord, 8th Lord Depositor, Sun Atmakara, and Jupiter and these planetary involvements are most most vital to say that one is having high chance of enlightenment. Why the 12th house is being related is because it gives more detachment and that is what it does and kethu is known for that. So, it is believed that for real detachment to happen, realization should happen.

Most prominently 8th Lord association with Jupiter and Lagna Lord having connection with 12th Lord and sun etc. is more important. As you all respected people know, 8th is where soul lies...so it has to be connected to the relative planets for enlightment or Moksha.

Regards

Narayanan

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 29 Oct 2009

While we discuss Ketu in 12H from AK, has it been concluded that RA can be taken as AK or not? There are two versions that says RA can be considered as AK and others say we should not consider RA to be AK.

Also any idea about KE in 12H from Moon lagna?

Meena

Post by Meena » 31 Oct 2009

Ketu in 12th house gives different results based on Lagna.Lagna mean particular Rasi. Ketu alone give such result 100% and not with aspect or association.It's placement in exaltation/debilitation/friend's house etc effect the result.After taking all the points into consideration Ketu's nature in making a native abandon the worldly comforts and seek for Moksha can be understood.

shweta_554
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shweta_554 » 31 Oct 2009

Thank You Anupam ji, you have cleared my doubts, and I can now understand the different aspects and reason for considering Ketu Good and Evil under different circumstances.

Different placements and aspects are like pieces of puzzle and until we put them together we can not get the whole picture (nor can construct whole picture clearly until understand their individual implications). It's nice to learn what are other factors and planets to be taken in consideration for spiritual value of chart as pointed by Narayan ji. Thank you all, I am learning so much here!

mettad
Contributor
Contributor

judging spiritual astrology

Post by mettad » 03 Nov 2009

it is amazing how things can be interpreted from the charts!
Last edited by mettad on 10 Nov 2009, edited 2 times in total.

mettad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mettad » 05 Nov 2009

deleted

roops
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moksha, 12th house and Ketu

Post by roops » 01 Jan 2011

Anupam ji,

I just happened to pass by this thread while searching for topics like ketu in 12th house. My brother has his ketu in 12th from ascendent and I have ketu in
12th from Atmakarka in Navamsha. I have faced a lot of hurdles to achieve a position in my life. I still face lots of problems in career and relationships, but being a self motivated girl i have come over every situations. I am a loner and I feel hard to express my feelings to my friends or even to the person whom i love. Many a times I feel so detached that I just want to leave everything behind, go into complete solitude.

I want to know what role ketu has to play in my life....will it take me towards spirituality and salvation?
Details: 1stOct1982/4:35PM/Allahabad

-Roops

balajipv
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by balajipv » 09 Oct 2018

Please predict about Moksha/Mukti for horoscope -
DOB: 11-AUG-1975 Place: Tirupathi(AP), Time: 3.50 AM?

Rasi chart shows Ketu (along with Mars) in 12th house. Navamsa chart/D9 chart doesnot have ketu in 12th house.

I dont know anything on horoscopes/astology.

I heard the following: A person may attain mukti/moksha/fincal emancipation based on

1) Seems there are many rules to ascertain that there is mukti, not just 12th ketu in lagna chart.

2) Different rishis have proposed different rules.

3) Seems combination of other planets plays a role

4) Karakamsa chart, swamsa chart needs to be analysed.

5) and so many other rules

As an expert in this field, can you plesae check and predict with other planet combinations
I mean please check the moksha yoga for this DOB timing - Can you please elaborate your answer as well.

joyd

Post by joyd » 19 Nov 2018

If you are male,your birth time showing error.confirm your gender first..

joyd.

mercurial
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by mercurial » 10 Jan 2019

Can 9th house ketu exalted in natal chart (aries lagna) and placed in scorpio navamsa and 12th from atmakaraka sun, make it a benefic or malefic especially since 8th scorpio is considered the house of death?