Recommended to wear emerald, hessonite or cat's eye...

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
majestik108
Contributor
Contributor
Recommended to wear emerald, hessonite or cat's eye...

Post by majestik108 » 16 Nov 2017

Hello good people. Hope you are all having an excellent day. :D

My birth details are as follows:

10 July 1993

00:14 AM (close to midnight)

Grandpass, Colombo 14, Sri Lanka

I'm no expert astrologer, and I'm merely a hobbyist, but I always thought that I should just wear a yellow sapphire (since my ascendant lord is Jupiter sitting in the 7th house in Virgo aspecting my lagna), red coral (Mars is the 2nd and 9th lord in the 6th in Leo aspecting lagna) and/or pearl (Moon is the 5th lord sitting in the ascendant).

I'm currently running my Mercury mahadasha and a very renowned astrologer from Sri Lanka recommended that I wear either emerald, hessonite or cat's eye in silver.

Can anyone please chime in on what they think about these recommendations? I found the suggestion to wear either hessonite and cat's eye to be quite confusing as my Rahu and Ketu are both debilitated. My Mercury is in the 5th house in Cancer in Punarvasu, Rahu in the 9th house in Scorpio in Jyeshta and Ketu in the 3rd house in Taurus with Venus in Rohini.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Ps. I wore a 32 carat red coral for a period, but took it off as I didn't like the design of the ring and it was much too large with the job I had at the time. It's hard to explain what I felt from it, but one word to sum it up would be 'intensity'. I felt very intense all the time, like there was a lion inside me just waiting to pounce. It wasn't bad at all, but it was interesting.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommended to wear emerald, hessonite or cat's eye...

Post by kandhan » 09 Dec 2017

Hessonite-Yes. Pearl- if you feel like experimenting. Lots of gemstone books says hessonite wont go with pearl/coral etc. But i doubt it from my personal experience. Proof of pudding is in the eating.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Recommended to wear emerald, hessonite or cat's eye...

Post by majestik108 » 13 Aug 2018

Wow this is going to be a massive bump but I just saw your response! Thank you, kandhan!

Could you please elaborate on why you think hessonite would be good? As you know, this is probably one of the most controversial stones out there and particularly with it being in the 9th house it becomes even more controversial! :)