Meditation/Ideation nullifies planetary effects?

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nikhil
Meditation/Ideation nullifies planetary effects?

Post by Nikhil » 08 Nov 2017

I have experienced and understood that Brahmi bhav or ideation of Brahma exhaust samskara in different way than what is predicted by astrology. It also implies that merely ideation of Brahma makes planetary positions irrelevant. Any thought about this?

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Meditation/Ideation nullifies planetary effects?

Post by aganapa2 » 10 Nov 2017

In my understanding there are 3 types of Karmas. Sanchita (Karmas accrued of past) ,Prarabdha (current life) and Agami (Future manifestation).

Meditation practice can reduce Sanchita and Agami,though we do not have a measure of it...Prarabdha will eventually happen in this life.

Spiritual maturity may help you see thru the events, but events according to prarabdha will unfold per planetary positions.This is our contract...

Kritika

Post by Kritika » 04 Feb 2019

Meditation actually helps to be aware or conscious of oneself and one's actions.
As one progresses in meditation one develops a more optimistic and thoughtful approach to one's actions.
I personally believe it helps dealing with suppressed emotions...in nowadays world..as people say...one has to wear a fake smile even tho life could be a real mess in reality...so meditation indeed helps!
Besides as one becomes aware of their actions, they deliberate over their decisions well...which could help preventing any possible wrong decisions.
Keeps you sane!

Another thing:
I don't have the perfect knowledge...however in my opinion, no one can escape from any sort of karma...they have to be exhausted! Be it good or bad!
But irrefutably, good karmas in any form sort of saves you from major negative results of bad karmas.

coolbrahma

Post by coolbrahma » 09 Feb 2019

No.
It gives a mindset to accept but not to resist the fate. There is an automatic protection shield formed.You may refer two greatest Sages-Sri Ramana and Sri Ramakrishna Maharaj. I like to add Sri Sheerdi Sai Baba in this reference.

Meditation slowly opens up ajna,the third eye. It gives visions of past present and future. This phase of development is critical as it would increase the ahankar or ego to supreme ego.Most of the present day Gurus lose their tracks here. I see the chakras as different entities not connected to each other. So there is no valve mechanism to check and pass energy.It disturbs mainly swadhishtana.

To maintain the L & O-law and order- in Chakras, Lalitha Trisathi and panchadasi akshara nysa will help.No other Vidyas has this convenience.The lapses at Ajna could prove to be fatal or destructive.
My Regards,Nikhilji.

Kritika

Post by Kritika » 10 Feb 2019

coolbrahma wrote:
09 Feb 2019

Meditation slowly opens up ajna,the third eye. It gives visions of past present and future. This phase of development is critical as it would increase the ahankar or ego to supreme ego.
hello,
i am just a beginner in meditation.
i wish to ask something.
There is a sort of meditation whereby one is required to sit in half lotus position and close eyes and focus on the area where lies the 3rd eye.
it's said doing so, in some years one gains some sort of power.

have you any idea about this?
could you please shed light on this if possible?

-thanks

coolbrahma

Post by coolbrahma » 10 Feb 2019

Kritika ji.
Third eye is pineal gland. It is present even in animals and insects. In human anatomy, it decides the amount of oxygen intake quantity in every breath. It lies in brain, on the back side of our head,just above the back portion of neck,where the spinal cord joins with skull.

It is one of the endocrine glands recently found or studied with clarity. It secretes melatonin which is a hormone. It sets the biological clock inside our body. It is available in medical shops as scheduled drugs also. It is used for treatment of select diseases like cancer and autism -all chromosomal disorders.

This pineal gland meets Ajna point if projected.It should be awakened by a Guru. Otherwise it creates nasty problems. There is a saying-When student is ready,Guru appears. When the student is really ready, the Guru disappears.
Regars

coolbrahma

Post by coolbrahma » 10 Feb 2019

aganapa2 wrote:
> In my understanding there are 3 types of Karmas. Sanchita (Karmas accrued
> of past) ,Prarabdha (current life) and Agami (Future manifestation).

aganapa2ji
Morning puja/japa reduces prarabdh karma.
Evening/night puja/japa removes agami.
Sanchitha is fully burnt at the feet of The Master.Touch Guru's feet.
Guru padhuga mantra.

Regards

Kritika

Post by Kritika » 12 Feb 2019

coolbrahma wrote:
10 Feb 2019

This pineal gland meets Ajna point if projected.It should be awakened by a Guru. Otherwise it creates nasty problems. There is a saying-When student is ready,Guru appears. When the student is really ready, the Guru disappears.
Regars
Hello coolbrahma,
Thank you for the precious information.

Another question, what would you advice someone who is has suppressed emotions(many emotions not vented out ) and also faces problem to concentrate. Memory powers also drastically diminished. And she is anemic.
What you advice such a person as meditation?
Mindfulness meditation?

-thanks

coolbrahma

Post by coolbrahma » 12 Feb 2019

Kritikaji
Mars is weak here. Daily parayan of Subrahmanya Sahasranama or Durga sahasranama will improve the conditions. It may take an hour to do this. Offer dates and honey to the Gods as naivedya and have it.
It is not necessary to hang on to chakras always.Devotion is more important. The concept of chakras is post vedic.Upanishads don't mention about Pranayama even. Chandokyam comes very close to define pranayama but it doesn't define it. It leaves us an observation that //while you talk,you are not inhaling//. This is identified as kumbhaka.
I suggest to do the meditations under the surveillance of a Guru. If you plan for searching a Guru, it may not workout. It is the duty of a Guru to find you to teach meditation.
Doing the above parayan will make you ready for doing meditation.Guru will come. Particularly, Subrahmanya. He is the kundalini in saiva tradition.In saktha tradition,it is the Goddess. We have 6 sahasranama for all those 6 chakras. Start with Sri Subrahmanya. Your name has close relationship to Him.
Regards

Kritika

Post by Kritika » 14 Feb 2019

@coolbrahma
Doing Durga sahasranama can even help to deal with lots of emotions?

Nikhil

Post by Nikhil » 01 Apr 2019

Hi all Sagun Brahma,
My experience has been quite disturbing with mediation(sadhna/dhyan).
My lower spinal cord gets some shock sort of things like some burning sensation or heavy things attached feeling. I generally become inwards and withdraw myself from society. It has affected my overall communication and social relationship which impacts job as my job require communication with my colleagues.
Frankly speaking, I am afraid of doing sadhna/dhyan as I want to leave my physical body and wander in some imaginary plane of universe. I feel earth rotating, feel all planets moving around so on.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 02 Apr 2019

Please get a Guru if you do not have one. Guru protects one and guides when it is needed. Don’t proceed without guidance of a sadguru. Sounds like some kind of Kundalini awakening. This MUST be done ONLY with Guru's guidance and grace- it can lead to disaster if done otherwise.
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 02 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: In a spoken conversation, do you first repeat what the other person has said before answering? If no, then why do it in written mode?

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 May 2019

@nikil-When activated each chakra gives different bodily ailments and symptoms.For example if mooladhara activated or awakened, it gives the physical desires of earthly element bcz of earthy nature of mooladhara.It means sadhak have unwanted imaginations ,thoughts about sex and and other materialistic things.For non guru based sadhaks first it manifest as bodily symptom like what you mentioned[My lower spinal cord gets some shock sort of things like some burning sensation or heavy things attached feeling.].But remember it is a temporary symptom.Guru teach you how to overcome it by a simple technique.Any vidya[learning] without a gure is said to be a "blind" one.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 10 May 2019

I was reading a text which mentions that If there is any planet in Leo in Rashi Chart then that planet's living significations will be taken away from the native. I have Jupiter in Leo in Rashi & it's in Cancer in Navamsa. Does it mean that I will never get a Guru who will show me the right path?
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

joyd

Post by joyd » 11 May 2019

-what is your lagna?

joyd

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 11 May 2019

Karka
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

joyd

you will get guru but after deep testing of your real interest in the subject only flows his knowledge to you.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 11 May 2019

Dear JoyD,
Rahu doesnt allow us to meditate as it's focus is on external world. I lack focus & determination due to mental distractions.
Rahu is debilitating in Sagittarius Rashi but exalted in Gemini Navamsha. In Rashi, Rahu in under the 5th aspect of Jupiter from Leo. Jupiter's exaltation sign lord Moon is also exalted in Rashi Chart. Aren't these combination fulfilling the condition for Neech Bhang Raj Yoga? Its been 8 years of Rahu MD & it has given Neech results from every angle. But that's also required to get a NBRY, one has to go through this.
Still not having a job of my liking at 27. I have read that If the Rahu is weak in chart, then it requires support from 10th Lord such as a native is likely to get a job when 10th lord Mars is under conjunction with Rahu which is what the current gochara is! Will it create opportunities for me in the next 40 days or so? Moreover, I am entering my 28th year & Mars being Yogakarka for Cancer Ascendants will give it's results from now on?
Moreover I have noticed that whenever Saturn Ketu conjunction has happened, it has encouraged me towards Ganesh Bhakti. Is Ketu very favourable in my chart? 31st May 92 10:46:55 A.M. Jaipur, Rajasthan
Regards

joyd

Dont deviate from the main topic,this section not allows personal queries s per admin guidelines.

joyd.