Vishnu Sahastranaam Experiences

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor
Vishnu Sahastranaam Experiences

Post by adi_astro » 06 Jan 2016

Dear Learned Members,

Greetings for 2016.

Things happen when divine want them to happen. Was asked to do Vishnu Sahastranaam 3 years back but never started it.

Recently read a lot about Vishnu Sahastranaam and was inspired by KN Raoji's thoughts on it. The divine inspired me to do it and with that I started with Vishnu Sahastranaam few days back.

I am currently listening to KN Rao ji's recitation and read by myself along with it. Pronunciation is near perfect. I am hoping to achieve perfection in few days. I also listen to it when I go for my morning walk and when I find time in the day.

Kind of addicted to it :D

Within a short time only, I am feeling a great calmness in myself and increased self confidence. Will keep posting.

Lord Narayan bless all.

Regards,
Aadi

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Vishnu Sahastranaam Experiences

Post by MyHead » 12 Jan 2016

Ms's recitation is second to none in my opinion. have u listened to her's ?

drkrishna75

Post by drkrishna75 » 14 Jan 2016

dear adi, namaste.yes it is very effective.i myself recite it everyday .please do it after proper sankalpa.it will yield better result. also do it regularly. there are many examples of disease cure, unmarried getting married and jobless getting jobs.but yes it should be done with full faith.
best wishes .lord vishnu bless u.

regards.
dr krishna :)

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 14 Jan 2016

@myhead: yes have listened to MS's one. Its divine. Infact, I listen to her version most. Only at the time of recital, I use KN Raoji's recital.

@drkrishna: Thanks for your inputs. Currently, I recite the Shantakaram ....shloka and then 108 shlokas of Vishnu Sahastranaam. I do not recite phala shruti. Are there any Sankalpa Mantras?

Day by day I am getting better at pronunciations.

Ram Krishna Hari!

Regards,
Aadi

drkrishna75

Post by drkrishna75 » 14 Jan 2016

dear adi,namaste.sankalpa is just letting the universal soul know the individual soul's identity.you can learn from a archaka or purohit by vsiting a nearby temple[ close to your location ] .also so many books are available in market in local languages.you can also learn from there or if still don't get it from these sources i am prepared to email you the proper sankalpa procedure. what is your mother tongue and your gothra.please give your mail id.

regards.
dr krishna :)

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 16 Jan 2016

Dear Dr. Krishna,

I am unable to send you message via your user id.

Rgds,
Aadi

garryjo82
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by garryjo82 » 28 Jan 2016

It should be Very first thing in morning after doing lord ganesh's remembrance

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 31 Mar 2016

Dear Freinds, are women not allowed to recite vishnu sahasranaam?

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 31 Mar 2016

Dear Tripura,

There is no such thing like that.....The best ever rendition of the same was done Smt..MSS..who was a woman...

Regards
ramanan

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 31 Mar 2016

Thanks Mr.Ramananji, alot of people are trying to discourage me from chanting SVS,Now i will increase my chanting of SVS.
regards

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 31 Mar 2016

Hello Tripura,

Yes you should definitely do it. Do it with full faith and you will observe miracles in day to day life. Believe me, its is creating huge impact for me and I am deriving a lot of strength day by day because of it.

And as Ramananji mentioned, MSS's rendition is divine. You can simply immerse in it.

Keep sharing your experiences :)

Ram Krishna Hari!

Rgds,
Aadi

rachana
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rachana » 10 Apr 2016

I listen to Vishnu sahasranama daily before going to bed... It has a very soothing effect on me... I usually get very disturbed sleep, but after listening to vishnu sahasranama I get good sleep... It helps me in relieving my anxiety as well...

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 12 Apr 2016

del
Last edited by hari766 on 11 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 12 Apr 2016

Hi Rachnaji,

Thanks for sharing experiences!

Hi Hariji,

Thanks for your kind suggestion. I shall definitely try to do so :)

Rgds.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 14 Apr 2016

tripura wrote:Dear Freinds, are women not allowed to recite vishnu sahasranaam?
You can start with Vishwam vishhnur vashatkaro and read phalashruthi. SVS is for all irrespective.

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 15 Apr 2016

astroduffer wrote:

> You can start with Vishwam vishhnur vashatkaro and read phalashruthi. SVS is for
> all irrespective.

Dear astroduffer ji,

If one starts with Vishwam vishhnur vashatkaro and ends at sarvpraharanyudhh iti, it should be ok?

Rgds,
Aadi

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 15 Apr 2016

phalashruthi is beautiful praise of Lord. One should understand its meaning and recite that too. gives immense confidence. though there is no harm in ending after sarva praharanayudh iti..

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 15 Apr 2016

learned advisors pls. guide me, I chant the SVS everyday in the morning afterbath and have been doing it for many years, i know it by heart, I sometimes find myself chanting at odd times during the day sometimes while im cooking etc even while Im not aware. Is it sinful to do so? It happens unconsciously without me being aware, sometimes I wake up in the morning also with some verses resounding in my mind.
I hope it is not against the rules of religion, but i do not consider God as being seperate from me, He is in me and sometimes imjust humming some verses of SVS without being aware of it, I feel annoyed when people say im sinning.,I personally think the names of God destroy all sins and are all powerful,and for me God is not to be feared but I regard him as a great friend and am not afraid to say his name, and i thought our eternal dharma is to remember Him at all times.
but recently I heard it can bring deaths in the family so I would like to hear some advice and correct myself if Im wrong.
regards

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 15 Apr 2016

svs can be recited anywhere anytime. no sin will accrue.

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 16 Apr 2016

No Im not confused, its just natural for me to be humming bhajans cos i listen to a lot of them and I dont see whats wrong in that, my children are grown up and now i have the free time to focus on my relationship with God but u wont believe at all the unwanted advice u get all the time and I get annoyed also, when I heard abt the deaths in the family that is when I thought I would ask advice, My Guru used to say to try to remember God at all times it doesnt mattter.
thanks and regards

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 16 Apr 2016

Dear friend
That life is fulfilled when one dies with the lord‘s name in the lips. Then there wont be punar-janma. So the “unwanted advice“ could always be construed as further motivation to do Japa at all times

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 16 Apr 2016

Pandit Sanjiv Abhyankar's rendition of the Vishnu Sahastranama and Phalashruti.....is the very passionately done, beautiful clarity of words and a moving experience to listen to.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 16 Apr 2016

When a child is sad and in pain, it cries out to its parents!
It does not run out to consult books, software or strategic guidance to get the best optimum moment for doing so, does it?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 16 Apr 2016

Thank you all
regards

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 17 Apr 2016

Dear All,

Thanks for your wonderful insights :D Keep sharing the miracles and experiences!!!! Lord Narayan Bless us all. Ram Krishna hari!

Rgds,