Vishnu Sahastranaam Experiences

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Vishnu Sahastranaam Experiences

Post by adi_astro » 22 Apr 2016

Dear Astrodufferji and other learned members,

Does SVS also helps in warding off pitru dosha?

Rgds.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 23 Apr 2016

adi_astro wrote:Dear Astrodufferji and other learned members,

Rgds.
SVS is master key to all problems. Having said that, reciting leads to correct path to resolution of any type of doshas. So eventually, destiny will guide you to gayaji, kashi, haridwar or doing activities in pitru paksha to clear the pitru rinha.

Just like the way PM can solve all problems once contacted, yet he will delegate it to the correct department, once you approach and your work will get done. Vishnu mahima is beyond this truna like me to extoll. please excuse my shortcomings.

regards

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 23 Apr 2016

adi_astro wrote:Dear Astrodufferji and other learned members,

Rgds.
Vishnu Sasranamam per SE doesn't ward off Pitru dosha/yoga etc

Pitru karma comes prior to Deva Karmas

During Tharpanam or during Pitru ritual programs,departed souls becomes Devatas, on that Karmas, one focuses only Father, Mother( not alive), and their Lineages upwards.
Three generations Lineages for that Karmas..Pitrus becomes Devatas, during rituals.. Agnee Devatas and other Devatas hymns are Chanted.
After Pitru Karmas over, than God sloka or mantras are Chanted like
Purusha Suktam etc

So, Vishnu Sasranamam per se Chanting doesn't mitigate Pitru related Karmas

On the Contrary, in Rameswaram Gaya...Lord Siva's appropriate mantras are hymned during Pitru karmas

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 24 Apr 2016

Dear Astroduffer ji and Lexji,

Thanks for your valuable inputs and insights :)

Rgds.

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 25 Apr 2016

Dear Adi,
Worshipping Lord Narayana does ward off calamity. Remember, in Vibhuti Yoga (Bhagwat Gita); Lord proclaims- I am aryama - the head of pitri lok. Then, Vishnu sahasranaam was chanted when Pitamah Bhishma (the satya vrat ) was on his death bed . He never uttered lie or ever indulged in profanity all his life.
I would respectfully like to correct Lex that in Gaya(Bihar); worship is offered to Narayana. However, in Rameshwar(because of Lord Ramanathswamy lingam) ; traditions demand offering be made to Lord Shiva ( lord /ishta of Rama ). There are two other very sacred spots - Brahm Kapal in Pushkar (Rajasthan) and Brahm Kapal in Badrinath puri (Uttarakhand ) known for pinda daan.
However, I agree with Lex that varshik tarpan or shradhh must be done.
Simply consult a learned brahmin and ask him to offer Pinda daan to your ancestors.
I am not an astrologer but a devotee ; so just have an urge to offer some advice !
Regards,
Yours,
ash

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 28 Apr 2016

Dear Ashji,

Thanks for your words. It was a generic question that came to my mind. I am not sure whether my chart has pitru dosh or not. Nevertheless, we have already got the pind daan for our ancestors. Also, every year during pitra paksh we do shradh for our ancestors as per their tithi.

Ram Krishna Hari!

Rgds.

adi_astro
Contributor
Contributor

Post by adi_astro » 28 Jul 2016

Namaste Shilpa ji,

Thanks for information regarding rendition of SVS by Pandit Sanjiv Abhyankar. It is simply "DIVINE" and an experience in itself ! :D

Ram Krishna Hari!

Rgds,

Astro Rohit Sharma
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Astro Rohit Sharma » 25 Jul 2018

[quote=tripura post_id=226157 time=1459436536 user_id=2543]
Dear Freinds, are women not allowed to recite vishnu sahasranaam?
[/quote]

Hello Tripura,
Woman can also recite SVS, it was narrated/created by Bhishm Pitamah, in the battle field of Kuru Kshetra in between spread of dead bodies, between blood shed, vultures and wolf around, so it is so pure that it can be recited in any condition by any person.
My mean of telling this was just that women can recite it on daily basis even 30 days of a month.
So do start immediately if not done so and be blessed.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 28 Jul 2018

For those who can chant the Sahasranama fully should do it without any excuses but for those who can't chant it fully due to whatever valid reasons can chant the following verses as many times as you can, as conveyed by Lord Shiva to his consort, Parvati. And Shiva allowed Parvati to chant it so you can decide if women are allowed to chant it. And also, for any problems including pitru dosh etc this can be chanted. Shiva is verily Vishnu and Vishnu is verily Shiva. One who distinguishes between them (and also brahma) is suspectiple to births until they realise the truth. One who distinguishes between male and female (and all beings) is susceptible to births until they realise the truth.

Verses holding the essence of Vishnu sahssranama to be chanted are as follows. A pure heart is required while chanting any Mantra or shloka or anything spiritual not just the sahasranama. Likewise, those who do not have complete purity can also chant to attain purity. Because if only pure ones can chant then there would be no meaning to having any hymns since pure ones don't need any hymns in the first place, if they have attained the truth. As long as the intention is good, anyone can chant.

"Shri Rama Rama Rameti Rame Rame Manorame
Sahasranama Tatulyam Shri Rama Nama Varanane
Shri Rama Nama Varanana Om Nama iti."

You can combine the above with Hanuman chalisa for a great and rapid spiritual progress.

Kind regards

Nora

Spirit Seeker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vishnu Sahasranaamam Experiences

Post by Spirit Seeker » 28 Jul 2018

Vishnu Sahasranaama stotram isn't a Vedam! So, everyone can chant I suppose! What is there in restricting!? There is a reason why certain people are restricted to chant Gaayatri Mantram & Mahaamrutyunjaya mantram (this comes in the end of Namaka Prashna!)

[quote=shilpa post_id=226831 time=1460838109 user_id=3217]
Pandit Sanjiv Abhyankar's rendition of the Vishnu Sahastranama and Phalashruti.....is the very passionately done, beautiful clarity of words and a moving experience to listen to.
regards
[/quote]

Excuse me Shilpa Ji, there lot of Apashruti's in it! It's better not to listen to these type of renditions! So, many wrongs. Yeah! I understand, Samskrutam pronunciation is a bit harder to North Indians, but by practice you people can get it!

xtc

Post by xtc » 27 Oct 2020

There are 108 shlokas in Vishnu Sahasthranamam and each shloka is identified with a janma nakshatra padam. For example Aswini 1st Paadam corresponds to the first slokha, Bharani 1st padams 5th slokha. The learned, His Holiness Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji advised the devotees to chant Sri vishnusahasranAma (Sri Vishnu SahasranAmam) Stothram total at least once in a day followed by eleven times a day their respective James nakshatra slokhas and see the results for themselves in just eleven days. This is copy pasted from Raja Thatha's stotraratna blog.

xtc

Post by xtc » 28 Nov 2020

For convenience, the following page has listed the nakshatra padas and corresponding shlokas:

https://rammohankn.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... akshatras/

pspartamuz82
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by pspartamuz82 » 04 May 2021

Hello, Regular chanting of the Vishnu Sahasranama or even listening to it daily helps devotees in maintaining good health. For more information search on google.
https://techglamour.com/astrology-horos ... web-sites/