'numbers' on various "yantra of graha"

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
'numbers' on various "yantra of graha"

Post by exalted mars!. » 28 Dec 2013

i was studing various yantra like 'shani yantra','guru yantra','surya yantra'..etc at my house's puja gruha..,my question to experts here are what are the numbers on specific yantra signify?..,for e.g in a square 'mangal yantra'..numbers like '8,3,10,9,7,5,4,11,6"are there...,and why they are always made by copper?..,and in some houses i have seen they are made of specific shape like..,triangle,square...etc..
So all comments are welcome,
EM!

!! samaya kevalum balayasi !!,

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA...(~_~)~~~~

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 'numbers' on various "yantra of graha"

Post by rathodp » 28 Dec 2013

Yantras are mostly in copper because copper does not rust so lasts longer or maybe during vedic age copper was equivalent to gold and they were not aware of other metals which we have today.Or copper has some specific qualities to ward off evil.
I am not aware why certain numbers are placed in particular sequence in different yantras as for size I feel round represents mind,square and rectangular means stability and matter, triangle represents energy,upward triangle being male energy and downward being female energy.

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

rathodp wrote:Yantras are mostly in copper because copper does not rust so lasts longer or maybe during vedic age copper was equivalent to gold and they were not aware of other metals which we have today.Or copper has some specific qualities to ward off evil.
I am not aware why certain numbers are placed in particular sequence in different yantras as for size I feel round represents mind,square and rectangular means stability and matter, triangle represents energy,upward triangle being male energy and downward being female energy.
Thank you so much rathodpji for your inputs...
Regards
EM!

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

some comments on numbers?..
EM!

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 29 Dec 2013

srikanthji?..,chandra lagna?.,shilpa ji...any site administrator???
EM!

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 30 Dec 2013

anyone ?...

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 06 Jan 2014

Thank u so much Gold for a reply..i was losing hope of any answer,thanks again..waiting for your answer..
EM!

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 08 Jan 2014

wow...thanks gold for this nice answer..,thanks once again..
EM!

BhargavaRam
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by BhargavaRam » 19 Feb 2024

Hi upon my personal experience and research I believe that the numbers represent the lucky number or ruling number for each individual direction as we all are aware that we are more into psychic believes than considering it a as knowledge or information shared by our ancestors you can see these kind of numbers in chinese as feng shui which is similar to Sun yantra where number 5 is at the centre and number 5 is the middle number from 1 to 9 and you can even see this patterns in many ancient old structures Angkor Wat has 8 Gopuras around the main gopura, Arunachala temple in Tamil Nadu has 8 shiva lingas in 8 cardinal points and you can see the logo of an Old dynasty SuryaMajaphit it matches with Arunchala temple with 8 gods in 8 directions